NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Who cares about switch who buys that shit anyway?. AMD is in both PS5 and new Xbone and they seem to be doing fine. Well as fine as can be expected.
There a shortage in all this shit. More devices using more material means more shortages cause the material spread even thinner.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Who cares about switch who buys that shit anyway?. AMD is in both PS5 and new Xbone and they seem to be doing fine. Well as fine as can be expected.

The switch is awesome.

Infinitely better than fictional graphics cards

• 1Worf

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Fine being, not fine at all, supply wise. As for who cares, anyone who wants a Nvidia card probably? If it uses Nvidia chips, it means less chips for other stuff, such as graphic cards. The switch sells a ton of units, they outsold both next gen consoles in February(and I assume January), so they'll likely prepare a fairly substantial batch for that version specifically too.

Kiki

Log Wizard

Yeah, who the fuck bought that gameboy garbage too?

1616603704633.png

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I can't wait for governments to start buttfucking Bitcoin. I give another 2-3 years.
India's made cryptocurrency illegal already. Heavy fines if you're caught buying it, selling it, or using it to purchase anything (also owning it, but that's probably not a provable offense).

rad

Lord of Guk
february-2021-sales-1-1.png

february-2021-sales-1-2.png

All my niece and nephews own a Switch, 7 of them in total. Awesome piece of flexible hardware, that fills a niche that neither PS or Xbox provide. I think you're out of the fucking loop.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I dislike the switch personally but kids fucking love it. My son and all the neighbor boys have one and they live for it. My kid has been consumed by breath of the wild for months. I do not care for the system all that much because of the lagginess and cost but for the games it runs well it’s great for a portable. It’s a godsend for road trips and playing wherever he wants in the house and it’s cool we can just pop it on his tv and play stuff together.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
87% of consoles sold in Japan were nintendo switches last year, almost 6M units. Nintendo is trying to dominate the markets where mobile games are popular and still offer dock options with higher TV resolutions for traditional gamers as well.

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Its one thing if you prefer console over PC gaming, its an entirely different story if you prefer the switch over either - an intervention may be needed

However for women and kids its quite ok!

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My entire point was that AMD makes chips for BOTH xbox and PS4, PS5 and new Xbox whatever, which ALL OF THEM when added together outsell switch 2:1, if not more and they still can manage, right?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My entire point was that AMD makes chips for BOTH xbox and PS4, PS5 and new Xbox whatever, wich BOTH when added together outsell switch 2:1, if not more and they still can manage, right?
All the chips come from the same handful of foundries, that aren't actually owned by Nvidia or AMD, they're owned by TSMC and Samsung. So production going towards an additional product takes away production capacity from other things. New foundries capable of fabricating chips at increasingly smaller process node sizes are slow to be built and come online, yields are bad at first, and apparently there's also a bottleneck in silicon ingot production now too.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
My entire point was that AMD makes chips for BOTH xbox and PS4, PS5 and new Xbox whatever, which ALL OF THEM when added together outsell switch 2:1, if not more and they still can manage, right?

AMD doesn't make chips, Intel doesn't make chips, Nvidia doesn't make the chips, they order them. There are two companies in the world that manufacture these chips. Samsung and TSMC. Samsung and TSMC don't give a fuck what they're used for, but the entire world wants them in record numbers. Billions of dollars going into new factories but the industry is fucked for a while.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
AMD doesn't make chips, Intel doesn't make chips, Nvidia doesn't make the chips, they order them. There are two companies in the world that manufacture these chips. Samsung and TSMC. Samsung and TSMC don't give a fuck what they're used for, but the entire world wants them in record numbers. Billions of dollars going into new factories but the industry is fucked for a while.
Intel does make their own chips, and they've apparently just put 20billion towards building new fabs to manufacture chips for other people.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wtf? So basically, something that is needed by companies that drive the engine of our tech economy (what modern tech doesn’t have some form of amd, intel or nvidia in it?) is made at all of two fucking locations in the entire world? This seems like it goes against basic supply and demand common sense. Would be like if we got all the worlds corn from a giant field in Kansas

• 1Truth!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wtf? So basically, something that is needed by companies that drive the engine of our tech economy (what modern tech doesn’t have some form of amd, intel or nvidia in it?) is made at all of two fucking locations in the entire world? This seems like it goes against basic supply and demand common sense. Would be like if we got all the worlds corn from a giant field in Kansas
Wait until you hear about medicine ingredients.

• 1Galaxy Brain

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There's a bunch of problems regarding the actual supply chains, the foundries are located close to where the raw materials are processed, etc.

Have you played a game like Factorio? It really doesn't matter how many chip foundries you build unless you also have all the factories that produce the earlier stage components.

Intel is the only company that fabs modern small process node chips in the US. All the other companies that have tried have failed.

• 1Like