NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So your fans are kicking in at lower temps? I have afterburner maybe I should do this too. Mine runs sometimes up to 68-72 C but it gets hot as hell upstairs.
Yeah, I was watching this because the old PC would crash when playing games, so first thing I thought was heat, right? So I stated watching it and the curves they use are fucked. Look at this shit, PC is pretty much idle now and my temps without afterburner... They would not kick in until like 50c. So the thing is pretty much cooking itself and the fans are not even spinning, lol.

fans_before.PNG

So here is the custom curve in MSI

custom.PNG

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I was watching this because the old PC would crash when playing games, so first thing I thought was heat, right? So I stated watching it and the curves they use are fucked. Look at this shit, PC is pretty much idle now and my temps without afterburner... They would not kick in until like 50c. So the thing is pretty much cooking itself and the fans are not even spinning, lol.

View attachment 348721
The fans should not be running at 40c, this screenshot shows normal.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why mist? Why should the fams on the vdeo card not ne running at 40-50c? Please explain to us laymen.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Why mist? Why should the fams on the vdeo card not ne running at 40-50c? Please explain to us laymen.
Because your furnace will run more often and your gas bill goes up dumbass.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Because that's considered an idle temperature. They're not even considered having load on them until the mid 50s. 68-72c is a normal max load temp.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Modern GPUs are designed to have idle temps of 50c without the cooling being active. The fans are designed to only turn on above 50c, this is OEM/Nvidia/AMD behavior.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Modern GPUs are designed to have idle temps of 50c without the cooling being active. The fans are designed to only turn on above 50c, this is OEM/Nvidia/AMD behavior.
I'm really glad a man showed up to validate my statement. Maybe they'll believe it this time.

• 12Worf
  • 6Like
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 18 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Cool thanks for this info I wasn’t aware of that until this post.

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
They would not kick in until like 50c. So the thing is pretty much cooking itself and the fans are not even spinning, lol.

50c ain't getting cooked lol. My 3070 is sitting at 37C idle right now in my air conditioned room.

Last edited:
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Because that's considered an idle temperature. They're not even considered having load on them until the mid 50s. 68-72c is a normal max load temp.
She is correct here. 68-72 isn't even really hot for a video card. They don't even throttle until 90+

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
My 1660 is usually sitting around 71c under load and that's with a dogshit 14 year old case with some of the worst airflow imaginable. With the right cooling, 50-60c under load doesn't really seem that far fetched.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
My 1660 is usually sitting around 71c under load and that's with a dogshit 14 year old case with some of the worst airflow imaginable. With the right cooling, 50-60c under load doesn't really seem that far fetched.
My water cooled 2080 in my custom loop is like 50c under load, like 30-35c idle. It's pretty nice, because I've always had super hot components. The computer definitely puts out some heat under load though

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My 3090 got up to 72 playing Alyx but that is maxed out supersampling and VR.