NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

spronk

FPS noob
someone is selling me a 3 month old Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 24gb OC for 1grand.

Is it worth it?

not really its $1300 on newegg right now for new in box probably drop to $900 or so in a month or two when 4090s are finally announced

the 3090TIs which are currently top of the line are $1600 brand new for FEs everywhere and in stock

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Eh I had the 3080 Zotac and it was better built than my MSI gaming trio x tbh and performed the same so 🤷🏿‍♂️

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I had a 1060 Zotac that was fine for years. In fact, I still have it somewhere. I never understood the hate for Zotac.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I had a 1060 Zotac that was fine for years. In fact, I still have it somewhere. I never understood the hate for Zotac.
Its been a while, but Gamers Nexus had this short rant on how they treat people with their warranties - denied replacements that the other companies would have done, for reference. I think LTT did some shit about them too. Just a safer bet that if MSI/Gigabyte etc., one of the big guys, is within a few dollars, then you should opt for them. Otherwise, its not that big of a difference in the clock speed.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I wouldnt hold your breath. Last time Intel tried to do anything with graphics beyond their barebones igps, they failed horribly;

Larrabee (microarchitecture) - Wikipedia

Also Raja is the man behind Vega.

• 1Like

Araxen

Who could have seen this coming
They should have saw it coming. The ATI drivers issues complaint have continued on through the AMD acquisition founded/unfounded. I thought Intel would know better since they've been working hard to get into the market. Once you get a rep, it's very hard to shake especially in the discrete arena.

Daidraco

Even when it was just "rumored" that they were going going to have a GPU arm - everyone here knew it was going to have driver/software issues. We cant be alone in that thought process. Its going to tarnish the name long enough for them to get their shit together. As one of the early adopters, those people should almost expect it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
They should have saw it coming. The ATI drivers issues complaint have continued on through the AMD acquisition founded/unfounded. I thought Intel would know better since they've been working hard to get into the market. Once you get a rep, it's very hard to shake especially in the discrete arena.
It was a joke really. A lot of us here said it would suck. We were hoping it would be good, for competition and price drops, but we all (except Mist) doubted it would be.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Everyone knew there was going to be massive driver issues, even the people that have been doing this for decades struggle with it. They had to realize this as well, and if they weren’t willing to take a loss for the first 5 or so years then they shouldn’t have even bothered. It will take multiple generations for them to even have something that is remotely usable for the average person

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Rumor has it that most of the engineering side at Intel is well aware of the problems and challenges, like the performance and the long-term nature of the project. Intel poached lead talent from AMD in the GPU sector, like Raja Koduri and Rohit Verma. It's the marketing side at Intel that totally dropped the ball on this.

The marketing team at Intel for consumers probably never really had that pressure to duke it out in a highly competitive market with a product that wasn't leading in its market. A bit like Blizzard marketing in the MMO segment.

• 1Like

Jovec

?
Intel has stated that they plan to price their GPUs based off of their bottom performing games. They have optimized DX12/Vulkan games as top tier, unoptimized DX12/Vulkan as middle tier, and DX9-11 as bottom tier. In a few years between driver improvements, ReBar enabled being the default, and DX9-11 optimization becoming less relevant (from more GPU power and from DX12/Vulkan being the norm), the driver issues will be largely irrelevant. The also have the oportunity to do some nice integration between Intel CPUs and dGPUS, especially on mobile, like the AMD advantage stuff and leverage CPU encoders.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Intel has stated that they plan to price their GPUs based off of their bottom performing games. They have optimized DX12/Vulkan games as top tier, unoptimized DX12/Vulkan as middle tier, and DX9-11 as bottom tier. In a few years between driver improvements, ReBar enabled being the default, and DX9-11 optimization becoming less relevant (from more GPU power and from DX12/Vulkan being the norm), the driver issues will be largely irrelevant. The also have the oportunity to do some nice integration between Intel CPUs and dGPUS, especially on mobile, like the AMD advantage stuff and leverage CPU encoders.
Did Pat Gelsinger write this?

• 1Worf

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I was able to snag a 3070ti founders for MSRP today. Pretty happy with it. It’s going into my current rig (5900x, 32GB RAM, Samsung 980 pro 1TB). Won’t need to upgrade for awhile now. Let the next gen work any issues out.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It's the same guy who did ATI for years.. wtf makes you think there gonna fix the software at all ? seriously ATI software is still fucking garbage.

nu_11

Rumor has it that most of the engineering side at Intel is well aware of the problems and challenges, like the performance and the long-term nature of the project. Intel poached lead talent from AMD in the GPU sector, like Raja Koduri and Rohit Verma. It's the marketing side at Intel that totally dropped the ball on this.

The marketing team at Intel for consumers probably never really had that pressure to duke it out in a highly competitive market with a product that wasn't leading in its market. A bit like Blizzard marketing in the MMO segment.
Raja Koduri is responsible for the failing AMD Fury and Vega GPUs. No idea why Intel decided to poach that loser Koduri

• 1Truth!