NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
i think i know my next monitor, ASUS 41.5" OLED

reviews trickling out (LTT did one this week) and it seems pretty good without the minor flaws of hooking up an LG OLED as a PC display. Only minor thing is it isn't curved which I've kinda gotten used to.

now i just need to wait for my dog to break my current alienware 34"

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Iirc, neither of us really own a card long enough for it to matter. This'll be the first time ever that I hold onto my 3090ti longer than needed because Im basically going to swap out the 2070 Super in my g/f's PC with it eventually.

If all the cards below the 3090/ti were losing HUNDREDS of dollars, then thats almost a sure bet that the flagship product for Nvidia is whats propping these companies up and.. that sounds awful when you think of how many people buy the bottom tiers vs the top. But like the guys in my classic guild talked about yesterday - we just have nfc what's really happening behind the scenes, much less the profit margin on each individual card after its RND etc. My first though, as well, was that they would go to AMD. But theyre instead ripping out the entire graphics card department, which I find to just be weird af.

My entire rig is going to my best friend as a gift so im going to build another in the HAF 700 EVO. Currently aiming for the 7900X and 4090 in a 3 or 4 radiator setup :eek: - The HAF is fairly massive and can fit 2 rads up top, 1 on side, and 1 on bottom.

Also i was waiting on that ASUS PG42UQ - nevermind found it on Amazon for 1399

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My entire rig is going to my best friend as a gift so im going to build another in the HAF 700 EVO. Currently aiming for the 7900X and 4090 in a 3 or 4 radiator setup :eek: - The HAF is fairly massive and can fit 2 rads up top, 1 on side, and 1 on bottom.

How to obligate your friend to always play with you, by Xexx.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
It'd be hilarious if this just ends up being a scam to sell out of EVGA 3080 tis and 3090 tis, as EVGA loyalists try to scramble to get the last nvidia cards with decent warranty support.

Honestly I wonder if this isn't too far off. I checked the EVGA site today and last week they were all in stock and saying "limit 5 per household." And today, everything 3080 and up, at least, is out of stock again. Didn't bother browsing the 3070's but had me wondering.

• 1Faggotry

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
In what appears to me to be a good sign, AMD cut the shit out of their cards today. MSRP for the 6900XT is 699.

amd-gpu-price cuts.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

for what its worth the LG 42" C2 is currently $1k at best buy

i have over $900 in best buy reward points (use my BBY card for travel/bills so it adds up), tempting but I like my current monitor and think I'd still rather pay a tiny bit more for the ASUS ROG even though they use the exact same panel as the LG C2, just more gamer-oriented controller systems added on top.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Shit on Zotac all you want. That was my 1070 that I had for like 4-5 yrs? Then when I got my 3070 system the kid (xbox x dude) took it and still plays on it. 2 yrs later. My only experience with Zotac and nothing was wrong.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Shit on Zotac all you want. That was my 1070 that I had for like 4-5 yrs? Then when I got my 3070 system the kid (xbox x dude) took it and still plays on it. 2 yrs later. My only experience with Zotac and nothing was wrong.

My 1070 Founders is a ZOTAC and I'm still running it strong

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Zotac has one of the more sane looking designs for their 40-series boards. This could turn it around for Zotac. I also think Zotac is one of the only partners where the board is assembled mainly in the US.

BTW lets merge these threads Amod Amod

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Honestly ZOTAC card looks the best and was what i was considering since they all look like black bricks with RGB

spronk

FPS noob
looks like the new AMD chipsets coming out next week are pretty impressive and not super crazy on power either

i'm thinking a ryzen 7900x + an Nvidia 4070 sometime next year might be the sweet spot for me, could also just build out a ryzen 79xx PC this year and wank around with GPUs a bit, see what the AMDs do in nov and how Nvidia responds

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'd wait to decide on the GPU at least. And if you're gaming and can wait on the CPU, maybe they'll put out a X3D part eventually. But if you're on like first gen ryzen or intel 9th series, I'd probably be more inclined to upgrade now.

spronk

FPS noob
$780 and $200 newegg GC for anime 10GB 3080, dunno what the hell Yeston is

• 1Worf