NVidia GeForce RTX 40x0 cards - x2 the power consumption, x2 the performance

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone wanna buy my 55" LG C1? I've had it for like 6 months. It's a BIT too big for my tastes.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
PC monitor? 🤣
I have a 65 inch Samsung on the bottom thats 4k / 120hz for gaming and a cheap vizio on top of it 4k / 60 hz, providing a dual monitor setup that I love. As you likely have already suspected, I dont sit at them in a desk style. The only reason I dislike the setup is one, anytime someone walks into my so called "office" they can see what Im doing from clear across the other side of the room. The second reason is that a corner minimap, say.. League of Legends? The minimap is so far from where your natural focus is, that it takes longer to have the same awarity as someone that started playing the same game with a much smaller screen.

But other than that, I really enjoy how it all worked out. I'd post a picture but I tore up the sheetrock behind it to install all the plugs etc. that werent there in that level of the wall. I have yet to tape and mud up the shit, so it looks really shitty. I'll worry about it one day, but this room is just for me and guest rarely come in except to gawk (and Im lazy).

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just pulled the trigger on a Sony A90K OLED 42" as my new main display/Playstation TV.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Last year they didn't have 42" or 43" in the premium OLED or QLED tvs.
but they did have 48". using a 55" for primary PC monitor use (at a desk) is rather.... ambitious

LG C1 48" was the PC monitor de jour for holiday 2021, but in reality, it was kind of a live beta test, as we know that it wasn't designed for primary use as a monitor and had some rather significant downsides

anyhow, the private monitor sale derail should probably go in the Classified forum, and/or the Tech & Gadgets / Monitors or HDTV forums

gak

<Gold Donor>
n.gif

NVIDIA Mulling Pricing GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Around $899 MSRP

So it turns out that NVIDIA is considering launching the GeForce RTX 4070 Ti at an MSRP of $899. This is the pricing that is currently being told to AICs and the one that is tentatively the final MSRP for the upcoming launch. At a Founder's Edition MSRP of $899, users can also expect custom variants to be priced roughly $50 below this mark, making the RTX 4070 Ti (at ~$849) the most affordable Ada Lovelace based NVIDIA GPU yet.

NVIDIA had previously launched the NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti as the RTX 4080 12GB and with the (re)launch of the RTX 4070 Ti coming up, AICs have started taking orders from their industry partners for the relatively affordable graphics card. Keep in mind, however, that Jensen wields the black leather jacket and all of us must submit to its power. So he could very well snap his fingers and change the MSRP at the very last moment should he want to. This is also why I am still tagging this post as a rumor - because until the marketing and documentation gets made for the launch, details like this can still change.

That said, we *do* have confirmation from multiple sources that this is the price point being used for AICs to start generating orders for the RTX 4070 Ti.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That's a joke, but Nvidia is nothing if not stubborn - 4080's are about the most easy to find major GPU at launch in my memory. You can literally wake up today and pay retail for one for no effort. I bought 4090 at launch, and think it's overpriced af too but it's meant to be the enthusiast/grail/halo product for only the most irresponsible of nerds. The 4080 is a consumer gaming card that is priced as a rare bird, with the performance of a next gen "for the masses" gaming card. The trickle down the 4070 TI, which itself is markedly worse than the 4080 is crazy and I hope much like the 4080 it fills storage rooms en masse and Nvidia soon faces an oversupply crisis.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
View attachment 446701
NVIDIA Mulling Pricing GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Around $899 MSRP

So it turns out that NVIDIA is considering launching the GeForce RTX 4070 Ti at an MSRP of $899. This is the pricing that is currently being told to AICs and the one that is tentatively the final MSRP for the upcoming launch. At a Founder's Edition MSRP of $899, users can also expect custom variants to be priced roughly $50 below this mark, making the RTX 4070 Ti (at ~$849) the most affordable Ada Lovelace based NVIDIA GPU yet.

NVIDIA had previously launched the NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti as the RTX 4080 12GB and with the (re)launch of the RTX 4070 Ti coming up, AICs have started taking orders from their industry partners for the relatively affordable graphics card. Keep in mind, however, that Jensen wields the black leather jacket and all of us must submit to its power. So he could very well snap his fingers and change the MSRP at the very last moment should he want to. This is also why I am still tagging this post as a rumor - because until the marketing and documentation gets made for the launch, details like this can still change.

That said, we *do* have confirmation from multiple sources that this is the price point being used for AICs to start generating orders for the RTX 4070 Ti.

Still BS. AMD or getting called on their bullshit, this isn't even a good thing. This is a way it should have been all along thing.

Malakriss

I have zero interest to buy any 40xx although I can understand top end builders going 4090. Anything below that is just not competing properly with AMD.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Still super happy with my 4080 FE. The thing just works. Plays everything at 200 fps effortlessly. Don't need to fuck with it to get good power efficiency or make it not noisy. Not having to fuck with it is worth the 200-300 dollar ripoff nvidia tax at this point.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
That's a joke, but Nvidia is nothing if not stubborn - 4080's are about the most easy to find major GPU at launch in my memory. You can literally wake up today and pay retail for one for no effort.
Of course. About everyone I knew who was "waiting for the 4080" simply purchased a 4090 instead when they saw the price/performance ratio.

"If I'm going to overpay, I might as well get top perf for it"

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Probably going to be around 4080 performance for $200 less. No real halo cards to compete with the 4090, so they won't get the recognition that nVidia continues to get. Also probably won't have any supply of the things since they're busy using all of their wafers for Epyc, cpus, and consoles.

nu_11

Still super happy with my 4080 FE. The thing just works. Plays everything at 200 fps effortlessly. Don't need to fuck with it to get good power efficiency or make it not noisy. Not having to fuck with it is worth the 200-300 dollar ripoff nvidia tax at this point.
afkgaming%2F2021-08%2F79649079-d0e7-4acd-853b-6a2b92797da3%2Fcopium_png.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users