Obi-Wan Kenobi

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Why does lead bitch have to be a black female wielding a red lightsaber (why is she even wielding it)? How far are they willing to go? lol.
Pretty sure that she is supposed to be the ex inquisition member from the game Fallen Order (which is apparently part of new cannon), which is probably how we are going to see her get the inevitable redemption arc in this series. The Inquisition guys have been around the EU for forever. If they follow what has been laid out before, it could be decent. Of course odds of that are dicey.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1) Is there good writing?
2) Is there good acting?
3) Cue excuses

Even Paramount+ dragging the bloody corpse of franchises along the ground still manages to do high CGI and production quality, so that's supposed to be a given in the baseline.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pretty sure that she is supposed to be the ex inquisition member from the game Fallen Order (which is apparently part of new cannon), which is probably how we are going to see her get the inevitable redemption arc in this series. The Inquisition guys have been around the EU for forever. If they follow what has been laid out before, it could be decent. Of course odds of that are dicey.

The redemption arc is confirmed but it's at the expense of Obi-wan as a character.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Third Sister or whatever chick is fucking dead fish actress. Jesus her casting is so bad. Outside of that I'm happy with the first episode and going to watch the second now. Good visuals, a storyline that is fitting. All the recap and flashback stuff was good. It feels the most true to universe of any of the shows I've watched.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Got to see first 2 eps about 3 hours early tonight at SW Celebration. They made a good choice deciding to air the first 2 back to back. The first is very cinematic but takes time to set up the story. It's pretty beautifully shot throughout most of it. Its about 50 minutes long and does not have a lot of action. Second ep is only about 35 minutes but has a lot of action and gets things really moving. And at the end, the crowd went pretty crazy. Looks like its going to be pretty awesome.
Oh, and the first 3 or 4 minutes before the title is fucking awesome.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Third Sister or whatever chick is fucking dead fish actress. Jesus her casting is so bad. Outside of that I'm happy with the first episode and going to watch the second now. Good visuals, a storyline that is fitting. All the recap and flashback stuff was good. It feels the most true to universe of any of the shows I've watched.
Was just going to say the same. The 3rd sister is going to ruin this. She can't act at all.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Loved it, vastly exceeded my expectations. Baby Leia is great, has that spitfire energy down perfect. I don't mind Blinquisitor, she has that "fuck everyone I will do anything to get ahead" energy which is what you need for a bad guy. Awesome cameo by jango fett / clone trooper. Kumail playing a ScamJedi was great. Absolutely nothing bad to say, I wish I could see all 6 episodes right now.

Don't think the Grand Inquisitor is dead at all since he shows up in Rebels

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Since you name dropped her, yeah, young Leia is absolutely perfectly cast. Best part of the show for me hands down to this point.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Can't wait to see this later, they got me. Got all that teen nostalgia for the prequels flooding in.

Thankfully my wife pays for Disney+ so they still won't get any money from me.

All I want is a scene where Vader has the high ground over Kenobi :)

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
My only gripe so far, is Young Leia is apparently Usain bolt. Outrunning multiple bounty hunters + obi wan. Like if you cant outrun a 10 year old girl with 8" legs maybe figure out your life. Otherwise really liking it. Sad we didnt see 1 light saber fight in the first 2 episodes, but glad they are bringing in Vader right away, wasnt sure how much he would be in the show. Also happy to see Jimmy Smits back as Bail, wasnt sure if that was confirmed or not but since they going Leia heavy makes sense.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dialogue was very well-written and delivered, by all the characters.

Hopefully maintains the same quality throughout. Actually surprised the dialogue was that good.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
lmao at end of Ep 1 I was thinking "so no interplanetary transports have security scanners, and dude just comes out of full hermit life with his saber dangling from his waist, in a town which just saw a jedi strung up" lol

The heavy amount of exposition in opening inquisitors scene was lame writing