Obi-Wan Kenobi

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
LMAO the constant bad leia chase scenes are annoying. Jogger diversity inquisitor is annoying.

Are they just gonna re-hash The Mandalorian/Grogu dynamic the whole season?

Last edited:

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
lmao at end of Ep 1 I was thinking "so no interplanetary transports have security scanners, and dude just comes out of full hermit life with his saber dangling from his waist, in a town which just saw a jedi strung up" lol

The heavy amount of exposition in opening inquisitors scene was lame writing
Woulda been useful to have a crawl!

spronk

FPS noob
i'm not huge into music but was that fucking Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers? The bounty hunter chase stuff was bad both episodes but oh well. Casting Flea was dumb.

also Rose Esther McGregor, Ewan's daughter played the girl with the pink hair

and lastly surprise cameo I didn't pick it up but apparently 8m55s into episode 2

foil0cl4qz191.png

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Overall I enjoyed it, but there were enough signs of bad writing like Obi Wan literally being right there for a 2v1 kill, and lame sequences like jogger parkour

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

i'm not huge into music but was that fucking Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers? The bounty hunter chase stuff was bad both episodes but oh well. Casting Flea was dumb.

and lastly surprise cameo I didn't pick it up but apparently 8m55s into episode 2

foil0cl4qz191.png
Casting Flea a mistake?!?! NO!!! Not casting Flea was the mistake.....LEbowskie

The_nihilist.jpeg

IMDB doesn't have him listed as being in this, btw.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
IMDB doesn't have him listed as being in this, btw.
Its missing a lot of the acting credits atm. I was looking for someone else on there a minute ago. Flea looks more like a guy Han should run into in a cantina some where not someone working for the Sith.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

foil0cl4qz191.png
deb chow directed a chili peppers music video, so most likely yes

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
My only gripe so far, is Young Leia is apparently Usain bolt. Outrunning multiple bounty hunters + obi wan. Like if you cant outrun a 10 year old girl with 8" legs maybe figure out your life. Otherwise really liking it. Sad we didnt see 1 light saber fight in the first 2 episodes, but glad they are bringing in Vader right away, wasnt sure how much he would be in the show. Also happy to see Jimmy Smits back as Bail, wasnt sure if that was confirmed or not but since they going Leia heavy makes sense.
She got away the same way you do when you're small in a game, she went under and through, instead of around the stalls. Big people always bumping into shit. I dont know how she got away in the alleys, but he is old and washed, lungs full of sand, since it gets every where.

Young Leia is great though, she definitely has the right energy to represent both Padme and Carrie Fisher.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I thought casting Flea was fine. He plays the, "criminal degenerate" character pretty well. The issue is just that both "chase" scenes were dumb and looked extremely "low-budget". So far, those 2 scenes are my only real complaints. Again, the chases themselves are whatever, since Star Wars has had its share of "stupid and silly" - it's just how it looked like a fan-made project that made it ridiculous.

I actually like the Nogquisitor so far. She's doing the whole, "lust for power" and trying to catch Vader's eye thing pretty well. I fucking LOVED when she stabbed the Grand Inquisitor, because it's such a great portrayal of the Sith. I'm just waiting for the part where she's really the youngling from the opening scene and Obi-Wan "redeems" her.

• 1Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just finished both episodes and found them very enjoyable. If this is just a Obi and Leia buddy cop show for 6 episodes, Im all for that. A lot more interesting than Obi being a peeping Tom and watching Luke from afar. Good cliffhanger at the end of episode 2, bastards making us wait until next week. But knowing how these shows have gone, they wont even touch on that until episode 3 or 4.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
It was a little clunky at parts but I really enjoyed the first two episodes. It was very pleasantly notbadobama just like the start of The Mandalorian.

But how does Obi-Wan have no clue that Vader survived? Yeah, I know, hermit life and all, but he's clearly doing more than creepy peeping on Luke and bringing him a member berries toy every couple years. Did the Emperor lock Vader in an S&M dungeon for a decade?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
But how does Obi-Wan have no clue that Vader survived? Yeah, I know, hermit life and all, but he's clearly doing more than creepy peeping on Luke and bringing him a member berries toy every couple years. Did the Emperor lock Vader in an S&M dungeon for a decade?

He didn't know Palp was Sidious. He didn't know Maul existed.

When the big black Vader shows up how's he meant to know it's the guy he left for dead, set on fire with no limbs left?

Lol?

• 1Like

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Didn't he know Anakin had turned to Vader well before the black suit? To be fair my memory of Episode 3 is shit so I'm open to being completely wrong.

But yes, point taken. He's also shit at giving advice. Oh, you're being hunted by professional Jedi killers nearby? Best go back into town so they can locate you immediately.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Didn't he know Anakin had turned to Vader well before the black suit? To be fair my memory of Episode 3 is shit so I'm open to being completely wrong.

Read my post again. His last sighting of Anakin is BBQ Anakin

• 1Like

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Read my post again. His last sighting of Anakin is BBQ Anakin

Yes, I get that. But Anakin had been Darth Vader well before the lava BBQ. So a big bad jedi master in a life support suit with the same name shows up working at the Emperor's behest for 10 years and Obi Wan can't make the connection? Or was the Vader name just kept between Palps and Anakin until then? I didn't think so but it's been years since I've watched that mess of a movie.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yes, I get that. But Anakin had been Darth Vader well before the lava BBQ. So a big bad jedi master in a life support suit with the same name shows up working at the Emperor's behest for 10 years and Obi Wan can't make the connection? Or was the Vader name just kept between Palps and Anakin until then? I didn't think so but it's been years since I've watched that mess of a movie.

He knows Anakin lead the Jedi temple slaughter because he watched the security footage. Iirc he sees a hologram of Anakin kneeling but I don't think there's any audio

I don't remember if Yoda refers to him as Vader when he sends obi wan to kill him.

Regardless obi wan left him for dead, hence the surprise

spronk

FPS noob
I think its reasonable to assume Ben doesn't know Vader = Anakin, as far as he knows Anakin actually died on Mustafar. Did Ben see a holovideo in the prequels of Palps calling Anakin Darth Vader? He saw him slaughter the younglings but dunno if he ever saw his new name.

The odder thing is Leia now has canon encountered Ben when she was 10 years old, so her plea in ANH to Obi-Wan, "You helped my father in the clone wars, we need your help again you're our only hope" really should be "Hey you saved my ass 8 years ago we need your help again". Minor nitpick with the only real answer being that this was written 50 years later, so I can let it slide.

It also doesn't really make much sense that now one Inquisitor knows that Leia is Obi-Wans "weak spot", why Vader/Emperor wouldn't eventually figure something out, use her more, etc. Hopefully that is not forgotten or overlooked since thats a new in show story beat they have to address.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I think its reasonable to assume Ben doesn't know Vader = Anakin, as far as he knows Anakin actually died on Mustafar. Did Ben see a holovideo in the prequels of Palps calling Anakin Darth Vader? He saw him slaughter the younglings but dunno if he ever saw his new name.

The odder thing is Leia now has canon encountered Ben when she was 10 years old, so her plea in ANH to Obi-Wan, "You helped my father in the clone wars, we need your help again you're our only hope" really should be "Hey you saved my ass 8 years ago we need your help again". Minor nitpick with the only real answer being that this was written 50 years later, so I can let it slide.

It establishes him as a war hero, you absolute cretin

Fucker

Log Wizard
Third Sister or whatever chick is fucking dead fish actress. Jesus her casting is so bad. Outside of that I'm happy with the first episode and going to watch the second now. Good visuals, a storyline that is fitting. All the recap and flashback stuff was good. It feels the most true to universe of any of the shows I've watched.
She is awful. Nothing but a bad meme. Studios need to go back to hiring attractive people. She almost ruins the show.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
It also doesn't really make much sense that now one Inquisitor knows that Leia is Obi-Wans "weak spot", why Vader/Emperor wouldn't eventually figure something out, use her more, etc. Hopefully that is not forgotten or overlooked since thats a new in show story beat they have to address.

The Senate isn't dissolved until just before ANH, so there is a reasonable chance that the emperor says "Lets not kidnap senator Bail Organa's daughter any more" and then "Let's not kidnap a senator, I'm trying to subjugate a galaxy here" until he learns Leia is herself in the rebellion, which is when he dissolves the senate, which does actually draw Obi-wan out again.

Although, I also feel like the end of this will end with the Emperor and Vader thinking Obi-wan is dead, to reconcile the surprise Vader feels when he arrives on the Death Star in ANH.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users