Obi-Wan Kenobi

Chris

Potato del Grande
well, he only fought 2 people hand to hand and neither Luke or OB1 ever jammed their lightsaber up Vader's nutsack. yet he has various codpieces. as nerdy and nitpicky as this is, its fucking stupid to make Vader a hodgepodge of the different Vader costumes from the OT.
You are claiming that Vader only ever fought Obi-wan and Luke in the suit? Was he not hunting down Jedi? Did nobody fire a blaster at him or otherwise try and assassinate him?

It's not stupid at all, it's irrelevant and easily explained in the lore. It would be more stupid to say that characters just wear the same clothes all the time, which is a VERY common trope.

2 episodes left and OB1 hasnt done one fucking thing to protect Luke. i was wondering earlier that perhaps OB1 never had any intentions of keeping Luke safe, but was just the old kook neighbor the Skywalkers had across the desert. because whatever his purpose is, he's complete shit at it.
A New Hope is that story, he doesn't NEED to do anything with Luke in terms of telling a good story about his exile, other than starting and ending with being on Tatooine.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You are claiming that Vader only ever fought Obi-wan and Luke in the suit? Was he not hunting down Jedi? Did nobody fire a blaster at him or otherwise try and assassinate him?

It's not stupid at all, it's irrelevant and easily explained in the lore.

Wrong. The pieces are all from different eras, some of them even taken from other movies.

This isn't about wearing the same clothes all the time. It's about derelict costume design. I'd like to see you go into the Marvel thread and say the same.

The fact is you will only get away with this statement in the Star Wars thread because Star Wars is shit, Star Wars is "irrelevant". That's the explained lore I gathered from your post.

Post the same thing in a thread where people care and see how it's received.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wrong. The pieces are all from different eras, some of them even taken from other movies.

This isn't about wearing the same clothes all the time. It's about derelict costume design. I'd like to see you go into the Marvel thread and say the same.

The fact is you will only get away with this statement in the Star Wars thread because Star Wars is shit, Star Wars is "irrelevant". That's the explained lore I gathered from your post.

Post the same thing in a thread where people care and see how it's received.
I wear clothes and use different equipment from different eras of my life all the time. I found an old ruler last week that I used to measure up my garden when I was putting down new decking and borders. I wore old clothes when I was spraying bleach on the algae growing on my fence. What the fuck are you talking about.

Captain America went back to his old costume around Civil War and didn't wear his fancy modern one. You are talking nonsense.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wear clothes and use different equipment from different eras of my life all the time. I found an old ruler last week that I used to measure up my garden when I was putting down new decking and borders. I wore old clothes when I was spraying bleach on the algae growing on my fence. What the fuck are you talking about.

Captain America went back to his old costume around Civil War and didn't wear his fancy modern one. You are talking nonsense.

A full complete costume, though, right? Your offering is nullified.

Unless you can provide evidence Captain America's suit was mismatched pieces patchworked from different movies and some parts being completely made up then that isn't a valid example.

Nonsense my fucking ass.

Chris

Potato del Grande
A full complete costume, though, right? Your offering is nullified.

Unless you can provide evidence Captain America's suit was mismatched pieces patchworked from different movies and some parts being completely made up then that isn't a valid example.

Nonsense my fucking ass.
You are insane, "some parts being completely made up", it's a fucking cybernetic suit, IT'S ALL MADE UP.

What is the issue here? Is he wearing a Mandalorian Crushgaunt on his left hand in EP3 and EP4 but in Kenobi and EP6 he has a Durasteel Glove augmented with a Sith Amulet?

Maybe he found the Sith Amulet between EP3 and Kenobi and upgraded to it, but between Kenobi and EP4 it got damaged and was being repaired, only returning to him for EP6.

If Chris Evans came back for a 4th movie and wore the modern costume with the boots/gloves/helmet from WW2 because he thought it looked cool AND functional, would you being crying about the costume department then?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You know a show fucking sucks when this is the bullshit y’all talk about.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
We're once again back to 'digging for things to be upset about despite already being surrounded by them'.

• 1Worf

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You are insane, "some parts being completely made up", it's a fucking cybernetic suit, IT'S ALL MADE UP.

What is the issue here? Is he wearing a Mandalorian Crushgaunt on his left hand in EP3 and EP4 but in Kenobi and EP6 he has a Durasteel Glove augmented with a Sith Amulet?

Maybe he found the Sith Amulet between EP3 and Kenobi and upgraded to it, but between Kenobi and EP4 it got damaged and was being repaired, only returning to him for EP6.

If Chris Evans came back for a 4th movie and wore the modern costume with the boots/gloves/helmet from WW2 because he thought it looked cool AND functional, would you being crying about the costume department then?

Hello fellow British person.

In as polite a way as possible, you're wrong on this.

It's like Leia wearing the bikini top from RotJ and her insulated Hoth pants from ESB... in ANH.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

these arent his clothes, this is his life support system. Palpatine stuck him inside these at the end of RotS. the cape and helmet design can be considered different, he would change his helmet for one that better keeps him alive . its not like Vader has helmets and codpieces laid out on his bed every morning and chooses one because it makes his force choke powers pop better. also nobody shoots Vader. he diverts all blast away from him and disarms you with the force. you need to watch the OT sometime. it might help you with this show.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The costume shit is the stupidest, most autistic shit to argue about. Do you argue about Star Trek uniforms too?

How about the shit dialogue?
How about plot holes the size of a Death Star?
How about the horrible acting?
How about the nonsensical writing, nonsensical motivation, just complete and utter absurdity every 5 minutes?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
these arent his clothes, this is his life support system. Palpatine stuck him inside these at the end of RotS. the cape and helmet design can be considered different, he would change his helmet for one that better keeps him alive . its not like Vader has helmets and codpieces laid out on his bed every morning and chooses one because it makes his force choke powers pop better. also nobody shoots Vader. he diverts all blast away from him and disarms you with the force. you need to watch the OT sometime. it might help you with this show.
Retarded

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Go watch other good stuff and then you can imagine this show being better...
Pew Pew Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Chris

Potato del Grande

It's like Leia wearing the bikini top from RotJ and her insulated Hoth pants from ESB... in ANH.
No it isn't.

We basically see her get the bikini, so it's origin is established as forced on her by Jabba. Wearing that before that scene would break continuity unless they specifically showed that being her actual underwear for some unlikley reason.

For all we know she owns those ice pants or they are standard alderaan cold uniform, so she could easily wear them before that scene.

We don't see the origin or maintenance of anything Vader uses. He is put in a suit in EP3 but there's nothing to say that he is permanently trapped in that specific combination of parts. They even showed him being assembled after being in a healing tank in Kenobi.

Maybe I missed it but specifically WHAT has been changed out for Kenobi, isn't in EP4 but is in EP6?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I mean who the fuck cares? There is NOTHING that says that Vader cant change out helmets, chest plates, padded pants, gauntlets, belts to whatever the fuck he feels like.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>

Thats clothing that literally dictated by the story. Jabba forces her into the bikini. Hoth weather forces her to wear insulated pants. If she was on an ice planet in ANH wearing the insulated pants, that'd be perfectly fine.

Vader's costume is part of the story in a sense thats its a breathing helmet that keeps him alive, but there is nothing in the story that says he cant change the helmet appearance, or his belt, or his boots, or whatever.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I mean who the fuck cares? There is NOTHING that says that Vader cant change out helmets, chest plates, padded pants, gauntlets, belts to whatever the fuck he feels like.
No Araysar, he was put into that one specific suit and combination of parts. He can't change anything, it's his life support system (even though he has been shown outside of it at least twice).

Any changes made between original trilogy movies are permanent, I don't think you understand just how expensive it is for the Emperor to buy the parts and the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Centre had budget cuts (this is actually canon, I didn't make it up).

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
No Araysar, he was put into that one specific suit and combination of parts. He can't change anything, it's his life support system (even though he has been shown outside of it at least twice).

Any changes made between original trilogy movies are permanent, I don't think you understand just how expensive it is for the Emperor to buy the parts and the Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Centre had budget cuts (this is actually canon, I didn't make it up).

If Vader doesnt like anymore the belt that he has to wear and wants one with a different buckle, does he have to fill out an expense report and Emperor has to approve it?

• 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
If Vader doesnt like anymore the belt that he has to wear and wants one with a different buckle, does he have to fill out an expense report and Emperor has to approve it?
Screenshot_20220613-152123_Chrome.jpg

I only know about this because of the RLM parody video of this.

I cannot belive that people are unironically doing this for real.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
2-1B/DRX likewise ordered for Vader's helmet to be waxed with woodoo hide in the hopes that the resulting shine would distract Palpatine from the shortcuts they were forced to implement during the surgery.

I'm sorry, what?

• 2Worf