Obi-Wan Kenobi

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i guess i was expecting something coherent. its really lame that it took them 5 episodes to get to the sole purpose of this show.

God knows why they can't manage to deliver 5-6 episodes of a show. Boba Fett couldn't either, and that was different writers and with F&F on it.

Going out "strong" for the tier it's in anyway... Delivering an actual Vader that made sense and behaves completely within canon will smooth over the bulk of complaints I think. No dementia this time and no awkward standing around or meandering. The previous depiction of Vader in the series felt like fan fiction.

This one felt like they pulled this Vader right out of the OT.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
God knows why they can't manage to deliver 5-6 episodes of a show. Boba Fett couldn't either, and that was different writers and with F&F on it.

Going out "strong" for the tier it's in anyway... Delivering an actual Vader that made sense and behaves completely within canon will smooth over the bulk of complaints I think. No dementia this time and no awkward standing around or meandering. The previous depiction of Vader in the series felt like fan fiction.

This one felt like they pulled this Vader right out of the OT.
They really shit the bed on de-aging Anakin, he looks 50 not 25. I kept asking myself, why this retarded flashback scene with younger looking OB1 and older looking Anakin? It was so surreal looking.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They really shit the bed on de-aging Anakin, he looks 50 not 25. I kept asking myself, why this retarded flashback scene with younger looking OB1 and older looking Anakin? It was so surreal looking.

I think budget constraints. The balance sheets are extremely tight on these Disney+ series. Look at the mess with the Vader payment and Disney fucking him on overtime and reshoot money, straight up not paying him at all. They hedge money as a priority whenever it's available. Post-production seems to be where that occurs. The Vader was all post-production and reshoot fuckery, and so would Anakin's de-aging. Disney doesn't bend at all, even for a few pennies. They wouldn't even give the Vader a few hundred bucks and let him go public trashing the company over a hundred dollars lol.

They probably took the first take on the Anakin flashback and said what's that cost? "Oh". *Walks out door with the raw demo video* "We'll be in touch"

"Vader wants his 900 dollars for the reshoot"

*slams phone down* "He'll get nothing and be happy we even allowed him to stand on set in the suit".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think budget constraints. The balance sheets are extremely tight on these Disney+ series. Look at the mess with the Vader payment and Disney fucking him on overtime and reshoot money, straight up not paying him at all. They hedge money as a priority whenever it's available. Post-production seems to be where that occurs. The Vader was all post-production and reshoot fuckery, and so would Anakin's de-aging. Disney doesn't bend at all, even for a few pennies. They wouldn't even give the Vader a few hundred bucks and let him go public trashing the company over a hundred dollars lol.

They probably took the first take on the Anakin flashback and said what's that cost? "Oh". *Walks out door with the raw demo video* "We'll be in touch"

"Vader wants his 900 dollars for the reshoot"

*slams phone down* "He'll get nothing and be happy we even allowed him to stand on set in the suit".
It was weird, like padmee was older than Anakin, yet this old dude is supposedly her young love? I cant wait for those memes.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
You would think at some point Vader would look at all the stormtroopers and think back to the clone troopers under his command who were tactical geniuses and go 'wtf...'. Maybe have HR hold some sort of seminar or drills or something.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Going out "strong" for the tier it's in anyway... Delivering an actual Vader that made sense and behaves completely within canon

Yeah, the light side Jedi that decapitated Dooku next to the fully Sith Lord that couldn't deliver a fatal blow and left alive the person that just betrayed him and let his prize get away is really good writing

Why did they send two transports down to planet, couldn't they have just used their actual star destroyer in some way? The barricaded door that she could have light saber melted from the start is just an over used SW trope

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The writing was better but still bad and they shouldn't have bothered using Hayden Christensen at all if they weren't gonna de-age him. He fucking looks older than Obi-Wan does in those sparring scenes.

Called the Reva thing at the very beginning of the show but the result of that fight is fucking retarded. Vader binds the dead spirit of the Grand Inquisitor to a Jedi Temple for all of eternity as punishment for his failure and he didn't betray him. Just abandoning her with a gut wound for trying to kill him? Stupid as fuck.

Choreography was still ugly as fuck.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
The Leia storyline should have ended at ep2 and the show would be way better, I hate child actor storylines where they are more compentant than the adults and save the day. I get it's disney but ugh. The entire defense sequence was so dumb, why are they shooting the door with a laser for 20 m when she can open it in 2s with her lightsaber? Same goes for all subsequent doors. Just cut your way in in a minute and get it over with. The double transport thing was also dumb.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
That's pretty much standard Star Wars levels of stupid. Vader can also rip heavy bulkheads and shit from the walls of Bespin in ESB, but can't overpower gravity for a few moments to stop Luke from falling into a pit. It's all silly and inconsistent, but that's par for the course.

I thought the episode was largely fine. There wasn't anything aggressively awful in it, which is an improvement over the prior episodes. Vader at his full pissed-off powers was fun to watch.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ya this episode was dumb as shit. Boba Fett is starting to look better than this garbage. Simp Vader sucks. Unfortunately we all know Reva isnt gonna be dead.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ya this episode was dumb as shit. Boba Fett is starting to look better than this garbage. Simp Vader sucks. Unfortunately we all know Reva isnt gonna be dead.
Disney still hasnt confirmed her series, its likely just something a "source" threw out there to see how people would react. i honestly dont know whats going to happen anymore.

the leaks said
Reva finds Luke and she has a change of heart and goes back and tells Vader that she killed OB1 and he doesnt believe her, so he force chokes her to death. but after this episode i dont see that scenario happening that way. yet some of it its still lines up with her finding out about Luke. so who the fuck knows
this show is so cheaply made and halfassed, it feels like it was rushed out to meet a deadline.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
That's pretty much standard Star Wars levels of stupid. Vader can also rip heavy bulkheads and shit from the walls of Bespin in ESB, but can't overpower gravity for a few moments to stop Luke from falling into a pit. It's all silly and inconsistent, but that's par for the course.

I think it is actually more silly and consistent. When ever Anakin or Vader is fighting from a place of power, full of rage or arrogance, his power is astronomical, and whenever he is confronted with his own failure, his power really drops to absolute 0. It's happened it the OT, the Prequels and this series.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Episode was great.

You guys are just discovering that Star Wars has been poorly written and inconsistent all along.

• 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Disney still hasnt confirmed her series, its likely just something a "source" threw out there to see how people would react. i honestly dont know whats going to happen anymore.

the leaks said
Reva finds Luke and she has a change of heart and goes back and tells Vader that she killed OB1 and he doesnt believe her, so he force chokes her to death. but after this episode i dont see that scenario happening that way. yet some of it its still lines up with her finding out about Luke. so who the fuck knows
this show is so cheaply made and halfassed, it feels like it was rushed out to meet a deadline.
I'm beginning to believe Vader has a mana/spell points control problem.....

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Dunno why he didn’t just finish off Reva. She literally got stabbed once as a kid and lived, why allow a repeat?

spronk

FPS noob
not gonna lie I pumped my hands up twice this episode and shouted FUCK YEAH, when Vader put a blade through Reva and when Grand Inquisitor walked in and started his shit talking. It woulda been a 10/10 episode, even with all the flaws, if GI cut Reva's head off but oh well.

"I survived a saber to the mid and am walking around now, i guess i'll let you live makes a lot of sense".

All the vader scenes were awesome, I loved seeing him just fuck shit up and the power level difference between him and everyone else is just staggering. Motherfucker crashed a ship and tore pieces out of it, what the fuck. Reminded me a bit of Homelander/Boys in how terrifying Vader can be. The second secret ship was goofy as hell and reminded me of Chewie and Rise of Skywalker, lol. The Reva/Vader fight was a little weird but it was cool that he revealed he knew she was a youngling all along and was using her, although his tactical planning seems weak. I guess Obi-Wan pointed that out long ago. Really thought Obi-Wan was gonna stay behind to give the others time.

Still don't see how at all they reconcile all the Leia stuff with ANH but I guess they don't really care anymore. Should have removed most of the Leia stuff, moved most of episode 5 into episode 3, and gone on with this story but oh well its a shitty series and we all know it.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Dunno why he didn’t just finish off Reva. She literally got stabbed once as a kid and lived, why allow a repeat?
She isn't a threat to him. She can now just wallow in her failure for the rest of her miserable life, go to the jedi and try and make amends and just be hunted by the inquisitors, or try to come back at Vade and just die in a real lightsaber fight.

Leaving her alive is more humiliating than killing her.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
getting stabbed with a lightsaber is pretty common though. plenty of people die from it, and outside of getting an arm cut off or darth maul getting cut in half (which didn't kill him), people don't use a lightsaber realistically. if you're trying to kill someone with a lightsaber and you stab them in the gut, might as well swish it around and annihilate their mid-section, or swing the blade up and cut them in half long ways. but we're not ever going to see that, so in world logic dictates that a stab to the gut is a killing blow.

i mean of all people, vader should understand that what SHOULD be considered a death sentence can be survived if the plot demands it.

• 1Like