Oblivion - Tom Cruise goes WALL-E

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
War of the Worlds wasn't as good as the trailer, but it wasn't bad. Magnolia was excellent and he actually got an oscar nod for it. Mi3 and 4 were great action flicks too, part two was the only bad one. That 'win' column is filled with films that aren't just wins either, but really mfing good movies. I think the worst thing you can say about that 'fail' list is they were average

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Those lists are terrible. Seriously. Terrible.

Also, War of the Worlds was utter shit and I'm sorry I wasted the 2 hours I did watching it.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
War of the worlds definitely wasn't good. To me, it was more the god fucking kids that made it awful. I wanted the aliens to win just because it'd mean that those two fucking kids would die. Tom cruise did okay in that movie, that said. For all the things that went wrong, most of them were glaring things around him that he couldn't possibly have control over.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I cant wait to sit in the theater and accurately guess the uninspiring, cliche twist that will no doubt leave me annoyed that I gave more of my money to Hollywood.

Fadaar

That guy
I can't understand this. I mean... I don't think anyone went in to Knight and Day thinking "This isn't going to be cheesy and predictable, and it's totally going to be good action and romance and humor," but.... the fact that it didn't utterly fail against ridiculously low standards is like praising McDonalds for not being moldy.

The following is obviously an indisputable list of Tom Cruise's successes and failures. I'm pretty lenient either way - Tropic Thunder wasn't glorious, but he was fantastic in it, etc. etc.

Wins for Cruise-
Taps
Risky Business
Rain Man
Interview w/ a Vampire
Mission Impossible
Jerry McGuire
Vanilla Sky
Minority Report
Valkyrie
Tropic Thunder

Utter Fails for Cruise-
Top Gun
Legend
Days of Thunder
The Firm
Magnolia
Mission Impossible 2 through... what, 5 now?
War of the Worlds
Knight & Day
Rock of Ages
Jack Reacher

I'll admit that I've not seen quite a few of his that I know have some acclaim, like Eyes Wide Shut or Lions for Lambs... but growing up in the 90s really forced you to have a pretty good idea about stuff like Top Gun. Giving him credit for horrible movies like War of the Worlds is just ridiculous.
You list all of those movies and miss his best one -- Collateral?

Braen

<Medals Crew>
What about Cocktail? hehe

And no mention of a Few Good Men?

I thought Last Samurai was pretty good too.

Homsar

How the hell is top gun, legend, magnolia, the firm, days of thunder listed as utter fails? I don't even consider jack reacher utter fail and the last mission impossible was great

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
How the hell is top gun, legend, magnolia, the firm, days of thunder listed as utter fails? I don't even consider jack reacher utter fail and the last mission impossible was great
Um, ^ this? Who the fuck didn't like Days of Thunder? Or Legend? Or TOP FUCKING GUN?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If ever there was a time for me to Nazi Mod something....that list would be it.

Even The Firm was a decent flick. That list is seriously retarded.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
All the Right Moves isn't on that list, either. Bad list is bad.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Or A Few Good Men. I WANT THE TRUTH!

This hate shit has gone too far. Imma say it: Tom Cruise makes good movies. Stick to hating his questionable religious choices and not his awesome movies like Color of Money, also not on the fucking list god dammit I should ban your ass.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I don't think I've ever heard a person....ever...in my whole life, tell me that Top Gun and Days of Thunder were bad movies.

I'll be the first person in line to mock his religion...but that man knows how to act and make a movie good. I would never deny him that.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Cocktail! That movie was awesome when I was a kid and wasn't allowed to watch it. I wonder if it holds up now.

OneofOne

Bronson Pinchot on Tom Cruise and Risky Business

We didn't know it was going to be a big hit. We thought Tom [Cruise] was the biggest bore on the face of the Earth. He had spent some formative time with Sean Penn-we were all very young at the time, Tom was 20, I was 23. Tom had picked up this knack of calling everyone by their character names, because that would probably make your performance better, and I don't agree with that. I think that acting is acting, and the rest of the time, you should be you, but he called us all by our character names. He was tense and made constant, constant unrelated homophobic comments, like, "You want some ice cream, in case there are no gay people there?" I mean, his lingo was larded with the most. There was no basis for it. It was like, "It's a nice day, I'm glad there are no gay people standing here." Very, very strange.
http://www.celebitchy.com/76492/bron..._was_a_douche/