Oculus Rift

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
um what? That statistic seems rather suspect.

I mean by gamer does it mean "anyone who has ever played a game ever including candy crush" and so they extrapolate that of the general population (who play games, ie everyone) only 45% play shooters so the other 55% must get motion sickness from them? I mean what.

if we're talking real gamers, then 90% of gamers play shooters, and i've never heard of people getting motion sickness from them. I mean sure that's anecdotal but never met anyone who gets motion sickness from playing shooters. What's not anecdotal, I've never seen the thousands and thousands of articles that would of been written if this 55% figure was anywhere close to being the case, nor have I seen the tens of millions of dollars in research in graphics, UI improvements, syncing improvements, FOV, etc improvements specifically to counter motion sickness that would of been spent, if the majority of your players couldn't actually play the games that they are currently playing. But they are playing them, so did you forget a decimal here? like 5.5%? or maybe, 0.55%? that seems more reasonable.
Email the University of Minnesota on their findings. They found 50% of the people tested got sick after Halo.

(http://web.archive.org/web/200709272....asp?s=4867083)

Column_sl

shitlord
Prescription marijuana to help with VR sickness 2016! I wonder what it'd be like eating mushrooms while using VR... I lost myself in a game of League of Legends one time.

I don't really get sick playing games (at least not badly). I get headaches mostly if I play Elder Scrolls or Fallout too long on the pc (like more than 30-60 minutes, but i'm fine if i'm on the couch and it's on console, I can go for 10 hours no problem). I'm sure there would be other similar games that do it but I don't play a massive variety of games.
IMO weed would just make the Motion Sickness worse. Relaxing isn't really going to help.

I've seen so many people that said they have no problem with motion sickness turn green especially by the first rift dev kit.

I can't wait to see how many people get sick on the PS4 version.