Okay bros - Oil Prices & Energy Stocks - time to buy?

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
I'm planning to park money into dividend paying majors fairly soon here. Oil prices can probably drop further, but I wouldn't bet on them staying at $40-50 for longer then a year. Supply disruption is already occurring it's just ~6 months out because the producers are hedged to the wells they've drilled already.

Once the oil market shakes out the excess supply in a year or so and prices start rising again, watch out. I wouldn't be surprised to see OPEC slightly cut production in a rising price environment which would result in oil prices correcting to 10-20% over their 2014 highs once this is all said and done. We might be looking at another oil shock come 2016-2017ish if prices remain too low for too long.

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
I'm planning to park money into dividend paying majors fairly soon here. Oil prices can probably drop further, but I wouldn't bet on them staying at $40-50 for longer then a year. Supply disruption is already occurring it's just ~6 months out because the producers are hedged to the wells they've drilled already.

Once the oil market shakes out the excess supply in a year or so and prices start rising again, watch out. I wouldn't be surprised to see OPEC slightly cut production in a rising price environment which would result in oil prices correcting to 10-20% over their 2014 highs once this is all said and done. We might be looking at another oil shock come 2016-2017ish if prices remain too low for too long.
Khane bro ask him for sources quick.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hey look at that. He's a contributing member to this forum. Thanks for asking him for me Gadrel

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Oil up a little today, was that the bottom? Will I let my money ride? I'm anxious about it.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Oil up a little today, was that the bottom? Will I let my money ride? I'm anxious about it.
Kind of a weird day, overall market up, oil up, but the oil sector is not. CVX, MPC are slightly red. small producers are down around 1%

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
What you are doing right now is not called investing.
biggrin.png

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I rolled my magic 8 ball across the quotes page of the newspaper and it landed on VGELX and "make it so"

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
It's listed on Schwab, and allows me to enter the symbol, enter share quantity, etc-- just barfs at the commit stage with "available to institutional customers only". I'll hunt for a roughly equivalent ETF symbol..

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
No, it's a mutual fund with 2,500 minimum investment. It's an open ended retail fund so no idea why it's restricted.
VGELX is the admiral shares $50,000 min You want VGENX. The ETF if you want to be able to trade it intra day is VDE.

We were just showing how big our dicks are earlier by using the VGELX ticker

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
VGELX is the admiral shares $50,000 min You want VGENX. The ETF if you want to be able to trade it intra day is VDE.

We were just showing how big our dicks are earlier by using the VGELX ticker
........................./??/)
......................,/?..//
...................../..../ /
............./??/'...'/???`??
........../'/.../..../......./??\
........('(...?(..?......,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.??
............\..............(
..............\.............\

Thanks Adam12