Olympics Thread

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I'm watching the CBC feed, and they're talking like Crosby is carrying the team. He's shitting the place up.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Its okay, nobody ACTUALLY expected the US to beat us right?
Maybe you casuals can walk away with a bronze *snicker*

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gratz to Canada. What a friggin frustrating game to watch. USA just couldn't get anything going consistently. I'm wondering if it's starting to become mental now.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Gratz to Canada. What a friggin frustrating game to watch. USA just couldn't get anything going consistently. I'm wondering if it's starting to become mental now.
Canada just has too many great players. USA really would need to play together more to combat that talent imo. We might have lost 1-0, but Canada controlled that game from the start to the finish. Our forecheck was embarrassing.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Only caught the third, and Canada really did mostly dominate that period. If it wasn't for Quick they would have had a few more goals, at least. Being able to roll four incredible forward lines going 100% for 40 seconds at a shot is pretty overwhelming for any team or country to cope with.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
They controlled the whole game and Quick was great. He's fun to watch when I'm not rooting for him to die.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Great, and now I have to spend all weekend with my Canadian in laws. At least my brother in law's wife is American.

I apologize up front I don't feel like googling and posting my sources, but:

Did you know that the Gold medal is made up of about 6% gold? It's value today is around $600, given 94% of it is silver.

The silver medal would be worth about $350

While the Bronze.... $5.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
figure skating is fucked up.
While I do like watching the athletes perform in them, pretty much any judged sport is "fucked up" and I put almost zero faith in the actual results. Figure skating (and gymnastics in the Summer games) probably being the most corrupt of them all.

I still for the life of me can't figure out how and why ski-jumping is a judged sport other than somehow a bunch of blow-hard, self-important, otherwise incompetent jerk-offs managed to insert themselves into the middle of it all. Seems simple to me, guy who jumps the furthest should win, right? Nope, we are going to judge you on form in the air and landings. Back in the 90's when guys were jumping much further using the V technique and were not winning because they were getting dinged for "form" was absolutely asinine.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I guess the bars are open at 5am here for the game on sunday.
Looks like i'll be getting sloshed~

Szlia

I apologize up front I don't feel like googling and posting my sources, but:

Did you know that the Gold medal is made up of about 6% gold? It's value today is around $600, given 94% of it is silver.

The silver medal would be worth about $350

While the Bronze.... $5.
A good thing no one is planning to smelt their medal then!