Once Upon a Time

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah, people are bagging on the effects but, come on, you know they don't have an enormous budget to work with. Granted, I guess they shouldn't have gone the route where the series requires such visuals.

Anyway, I didn't think it wasthatbad (but not good enough to warrant a separate thread). I'll continue watching for now.
Yeah, it's just that they spent too much time on stuff that required visuals when they didn't have the budget for it. Hopefully they find their legs on that.

Also really hope we get to see more of the Hatter, he was a great character in the main show.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, I watched it last night too. The visuals felt waaaay off for sure. I don't think they put nearly the care and effort into this as they put into the main show. Hopefully it picks up, since I do really enjoy what they've done with the main show.
I don't think OUAT's CGI is any better, just that they don't have to use it as often. They mostly just have to use it in flashbacks to the storybook worlds, and even then, it's not always necessary due to much of the filming being done outdoors. With Wonderland, nearly all of the show appears to be filmed in front of a green screen, so it's hard to ignore how poor it really is.

Also really hope we get to see more of the Hatter, he was a great character in the main show.
The producers have said they'd like to have Sebastian Stan in the show, but he's too busy filming the next Captain America movie currently. Unless they decide to continue the show past the single-season format they've previously discussed (which seems unlikely unless its ratings pick up significantly in the next few weeks), it doesn't sound like we'll be seeing him in this.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I thought it was pretty ballsy of Disney to do Mulan and Aurora. I always thought of them as a more 'traditional' valued company and never would have thought that we'd see lesbian Disney princesses. It was hinted at pretty much all of season 2 (with all the longing looks and whatnot), and this is the furthest they've come to confirming it. (Although they never actually said it...)

Anyways, have some gifs

tumblr_muo10lmzkr1qgwefso1_250.gif

tumblr_muouxoJbyg1qit0n2o6_250.gif

tumblr_inline_mup19hk3Tl1r6h8bs.gif

Devlin

Golden Squire
Dare I say it but I watched the 3 new episodes last night and actually quite enjoyed this show again.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I find it sort of odd inWonderlandthat they use many references to Disney'sAladdin- same villain, same city, carpet, even going so far to reference songs from it - but instead of giving the Genie the same iconic style of lamp, they give him one that looks like it's fromI Dream of Jeannie.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think OUAT's CGI is any better, just that they don't have to use it as often. They mostly just have to use it in flashbacks to the storybook worlds, and even then, it's not always necessary due to much of the filming being done outdoors. With Wonderland, nearly all of the show appears to be filmed in front of a green screen, so it's hard to ignore how poor it really is.
Is that why I find it so weird to watch? I hope it gets better, given OUaT is a solid fun twist on things I was expecting better for Wonderland.

Really looking forward to finding more out about Pan's backstory. How the fuck did he go from childhood fairy tale hero to creepy shadow ripping psychopath

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don't mind Pan, I think they actually got a great kid to play him, but I'm so sick and tired of the constant, "We're a family! That's not how families do things! Love will win in the end, because we're a family!" (cue crinkled nose face from Pug-Snow)

Bleh. Just let Regina and Rumple rip some fucking hearts out until they get Henry back. Although, if he turns any more douchey, I'm fine if they leave him behind.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I don't mind Pan, I think they actually got a great kid to play him, but I'm so sick and tired of the constant, "We're a family! That's not how families do things! Love will win in the end, because we're a family!" (cue crinkled nose face from Pug-Snow)

Bleh. Just let Regina and Rumple rip some fucking hearts out until they get Henry back. Although, if he turns any more douchey, I'm fine if they leave him behind.
Did you miss the part where Emma was just letting Regina straight steal a Lost Boy's heart and his free will and even Snow was like, "well okay it was for the greater good I guess".

Terial

Trakanon Raider
this show has finally been cut from my watch list.... Got totally sick of the whole "nothing is greater then true love" angle that they play up all the damn time, it's horrible.... True Love is the greatest cure, true love will beat them all, true love will make everything okay, True love made me cancel this show.
ahhh well, that's 2 shows cut from my watch list now (How i met your mother and this one).

Needless

Toe Sucker
my gf has been watching this show, so i tried watching a couple episodes... the cheesiness of this show is astounding haha, yeeesh

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Did you miss the part where Emma was just letting Regina straight steal a Lost Boy's heart and his free will and even Snow was like, "well okay it was for the greater good I guess".
No, I didn't miss it, that's why I threw the part in about ripping out hearts. But that was one of the rare moments amidst 4 episodes of all the family bullshit. I cheered when Regina did that, but they still had to show Puggy McPugFace crying about it. Just let her do it continuously until they get Henry back now, since they let her do it once.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Also, the constant wandering around the forest is getting about as old and tired as the farm was in TWD.

"Okay guys, it's just over this hill!"

"oh no, the camp moved, now it's on the other side of the island!"

Well, let's get cracking if we're going to make it to the other side of the island by sundown."

"I see nothing wrong with this plan."

Neph_sl

shitlord
So...

the boy who was Rumple's undoing ended up being Pan, not Henry (who, incidentally, is Pan's great-grandson). Also, they could've handled how Rumple got out of the bracer better. Yeah, he probably cut off his own arm and put it back together, but it seems like they could've shown more. I guess it's a family friendly show or whatever.

The first part of this season was pretty slow, but things definitely got better during the latter part of Neverland and afterwards.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
That fucking kid? Wow. I know he gets a lot of hate and he's only a child, so it's not really his fault, but wow he's the worst fucking actor ever and it's always been so painful to watch. Him playing pan is just unbearable, I'm hoping that something happens in the story where the actor that plays Pan originally ends up playing the kid for the rest of the show, because he drives me nuts.

nu_11

This show went to shit in this current season. You could tell from the first episode;
where the previous season's villains are killed off within the first 30 min.