Online Gift Shopping

Nevele

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm looking for a few websites that might be a source for better-than-normal gift ideas. I'm not looking for anything in particular. I don't care if it's tech-related, board games, quirky or fun or what have you. I just want to look at some options that aren't the usual crap that I stumble across. I'm looking for all age-groups, I just want options. Surely the minds of RR have a few tricks up their sleeves.

And please, this is for posterity. Let's keep the Tranny links to yourself.

Bonus, I have a 1-year old niece. I'd love to find something playful and fun for her that would be easy to travel with, as they're moving out of country soon.

galgor

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You told us you want effectively want "spiffy" gifts. What's your budget? Who are you buying for aside from your niece?

Without any of that info...

For the niece. Sometimes it takes some digging to find well designed stuff, but it's mostly handmade and the quality is good.
The Land of Nod

Everything else:
Kaufmann Mercantile
Carryology
GearHungry

Now is probably the time your going to tell me your not spending nearly $400 for a pocket knife. Hindsight is 20/20 though, huh? =P

Nevele

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thanks Galgor!

This was more of a general question, rather than a 'I need a gift for X'. I'll definitely check out these sites. Really, I was just hoping for places people were fond of that they wouldn't mind sharing. I use a site called FatWallet (Coupons and Deals: The hottest coupon codes and cash back) to keep an eye on general deals. But the deals are what random people find, so it could be ANYTHING. I had in mind something like "man, I was trying to find my brother something for his birthday, and I stumbled on this kickass site. Lots of cool stuff here!"

For instance, I think this idea is awesome:Emotiv | EEG System | ElectroencephalographyMind Control Headset
Not for everybody's price range, but still a pretty cool gift idea.

People like Furry aside, I think a collection of quick links to the web's unique shops would be pretty relevant this time of year. Thanks for chipping in!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah good links, I'd like to see them keep coming. I'm with OP here that its all about finding something that's outside the norm for a gift. Anyone can go to a mall or big box store, and most of them have seen all the shit there. So any sites with stuff that's going to have an "oh look at this" factor are nice for holiday gift buying.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
A Guide to Christmas Gift Shopping -- by Haast

1) Drink
2) Drink more
3) Once inhibitions are sufficiently lowered, get on Amazon
4) Buy whatever comes to mind first for each person on your list
5) Be confused but happy that your shopping is done when it shows up at your door 2 days later
6) Wrapping sucks. Buy bags, drop gifts in bags, stuff some tissue paper over it to show effort.

Great success.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
A guide to Christmas Shopping by mkopec...

1) Drink
2) Drink more
3) Once inhibitions are sufficiently lowered, set up a family meeting
4) Tell everyone that gift giving is a stupid ritual which should only be reserved for kids in the family.
5) Tell everyone that adult gift giving is done (watch everyone cheer)
6) Buy kids some gifts
7) Profit
8) Continue drinking.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
It looks like I need to work on my drunken charisma and powers of persuasion.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Best thing my family ever did. The kids also end up profiting because they get even more spoiled with more gifts, like it should be. I dont need a shitty sweater from Aunt Jean or some fucked up shit I will never use from Uncle Bob.