Only God Forgives- Ryan Gosling

Szlia

Only God Forgives was released in Europe a month or two ago, so I just walked 10 min and saw it.

The Gangster I just saw at a movie festival (NIFFF: Neuch?tel International Fantasy Film Festival that also has a section called New Cinema From Asia).

Found a trailer btw:

PS: the actual english title is the The Gangster (singular, not plural even though the main characters are two pairs of gangsters).

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Maybe I'm a weirdo. I didn't like his aspergers performance in Drive. It was unnerving. He was just "off" the whole film. I realize that was the role he was playing, but it was fucked up anyway.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Only God Forgives was released in Europe a month or two ago, so I just walked 10 min and saw it.

The Gangster I just saw at a movie festival (NIFFF: Neuch?tel International Fantasy Film Festival that also has a section called New Cinema From Asia).

Found a trailer btw:

PS: the actual english title is the The Gangster (singular, not plural even though the main characters are two pairs of gangsters).
Awesome. Was just wondering if there was a torrent floating around somewhere.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Maybe I'm a weirdo. I didn't like his aspergers performance in Drive. It was unnerving. He was just "off" the whole film. I realize that was the role he was playing, but it was fucked up anyway.
REEAALLL HUMANNN BEINNGGG, ANDDD A REALLL HERROOOO. He was a robot man learning the ways of regular mans.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's the whole point of the movie, depicting some "off the spot" character interacting with actual beings, a situation already shown in Sergio Leone's movies (the dollars trilogy, Refn's Drive director main inspiration). The story doesn't really matter, it's just about people forgetting about their shitty lives over some scope (the waitress forgetting her shitty life over a car ride, the waitress' son having a better buddy, the repairman having a better "son", the villain having a better deal).

In my opinion Drive suffered from being first seen as a heist movie, and then being acknowledgded by hipsters as a neo-noir Sundance film about forgotten values (scorpion jackets and racing gloves). Drive isn't about that really, it's about the Lone Wanderer cliche evolving into nowadays pastures, being estrangered in his own environment. I totally understand most of Drive's critics, being a shallow film about clueless characters going nowhere. But criticizing it just because some character doesn't talk is like blaming Harmonica man in Once Upon A Time In The West just because he plays harmonica. It's not about what they say, it's about what they feel. It's about what we feel.

TXjohnny

<Bronze Donator>
A screener is available for those kids cool enough to know what I'm talking about.

My Friday night plans have just been set.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
1080p version is on IPtorrents.

UK release is 2 weeks ago, think I'm gonna try and hold out for the Cinema release

bazazu

Lord Nagafen Raider
I enjoyed Drive quite a bit, but I was inches away from actually turning this crap off halfway through. I stuck it out hoping for some redeeming ending, but not only did it not come, it got worse.

Don't waste your time.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I tried to watch it, then fell asleep.

I was actually really tired, but the movie didn't help.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
wow I can't believe it's actually as bad as advertised, it's really hard to imagine how it's going to be this terrible based on the trailer

maybe Gosling is trying too hard these days, the place beyond the pines was a bit overly ambitious as well

I liked it, ya'll just don't understand it
I agree, this film was fucking cool as shit. It was slow, yes. And very silent, but the imagery and story were incredibly easy to follow and made sense. What was wrong with the ending? It was beautiful and poignant, all the characters acted exactly as they should have.

Raz

Trakanon Raider
Well if you go into it thinking it's going to be pretty bad (after reading this thread), it might turn out okay. But it's light on story and high on style. After the credits i was like; yeah that was a series of cool camerashots and she said "yellow American Inventor" lol.