Orcs Must Die! Unchained

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
I couldn't find a thread about this. Their F2P game just went into open beta on steam. I have no idea how good the game will be overall, but some free Orcs Must Die! can never be a bad thing.

There are two game modes. The first is the game we're familiar with, the second is a 5v5 DOTA style PVP.

I'm not sure what the grind is like for unlocking stuff, but after an hour or so I was able to at least open some new traps. Some of the other stuff looks pretty daunting for a no-cost player, at least on initial impression.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I never got into OMD 2 for some reason.

Loved the first one.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I absolutely loved the second one and played the shit out of it with a friend. I was disappointed with the new direction they took and pretty much stopped reading the emails they sent me about it, but you're telling me that they've implemented a mode similar to the first two?? Might be worth looking into again. No other game was as fun for me as OMD2 with a friend.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
OMD 2 was a disappointment for me, felt like they failed to improve on the original in any meaningful fashion. F2P MOBAs are the new brown cover shooters and they even lack the single player to remain somewhat playable in the future. I'll see how it plays out, especially the single player aspect.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
There are 50 levels of the classic game mode. It doesn't have quite the same feel as the first two, but for free it's hard to complain.

I got into the alpha months ago, but never actually managed to get into a game because the matchmaking was awful. I loved both of the previous games and was sad when I saw they were going this route. I'll give it a try tough, because I loved the others so much.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fanof the first two, did not like this one. Felt like a cheap knock off and they removed headshot damage.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
After playing some more of this I'm not liking the survival mode. It really doesn't feel like the first two. Plus the maze making is all messed up.