Origin

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm on episode 4. Maybe this gets addressed later in the season (but I doubt it). Did anyone else find that the Captain ordered the abandon ship awful damn early?

1. Giant FTL colony ship, maybe the only one in existence, cost trillions of dollars, possibly irreplaceable
2. Sends only two people down to check out the issue
3. seems to give them about 10 minutes to check it out before she's ready to completely abandon ship
4. not only abandons the ship, abandons a bunch of folks who are in cryo-sleep, Captain is thinking "see ya suckas!" (???) Whatever happened to Captain stays with her ship?
5. Crew jumps into a bunch of pods and jettison, where are they all going to go though? Can those little ships make it 9 more days of travel? Doubtful.
6. On that note, why FTL to a spot 10 days out from your final destination, why not FTL closer to the planet? (because Story?)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
I'm on episode 4. Maybe this gets addressed later in the season (but I doubt it). Did anyone else find that the Captain ordered the abandon ship awful damn early?

It does get addressed later on, you may find the reaction more reasonable once you see a bit more background info, but it's all spoilers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did any of you finish all of this show and also all of Nightflyers? If so, how do the two compare?

• 1Like

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Did any of you finish all of this show and also all of Nightflyers? If so, how do the two compare?

I thought Origin was much better than Nightflyers and it looks like so did most folks as Nightflyers has been cancelled.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

started this up. on ep4. yeah, this is WAY better then nightflyers so far.

Edit:
Ok, they lost me a bit with the blast door airlock.. with an inexplicably easy to open escape hatch on the ceiling...
Why would there be an escape hatch in the airlock? how is it not sealed? how did anyone get the leverage to open said door 11-13ft up ON THE CEILING? how did he do it in like the 3 seconds of the countdown? Why wouldn't said airlock be auto-locked while counting down, or why would opening said door, not abort airlock countdown?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Caliane

finished up. Was pretty good.

The abandon ship didnt make a ton of sense in the end. Like it does at FIRST reveal, that Thea knew about the aliens. but, it does not in review, when you consider how low threat level the aliens actually are. Ship IS rigged with nerve gas and ability to jettison rings... Why abandon ship first? instead of just quarantine. We even saw the elevator is the only way to access other rings right? AND, thea apparently has probes that can scan for the fucking things. why is THAT tech not on the ship?

They blew up Iris, and scattered the aliens into the entire solar system on debris. Yeah, Thea was fucked. Didnt need the end reveal to tell me that.. bizarre they understood that, due to collisions with space craft.. but didn't somehow figure out the planet itself was also going to get meteors from Iris debris..

Another series with everyone trying to break quarantines and commit genocide. Dude at the end says nothing, so makes you even wonder what his plan was there? Get her off the ship, and thus they live? great. Did he assume the probe itself would be also scanned before returning, thus be cleansed, or at least she would be contained? or, did he think get her off the ship, we are saved, and when we land, we are landing on a planet with an alien that will be running wild?

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
The abandon ship didnt make a ton of sense in the end. Like it does at FIRST reveal, that Thea knew about the aliens. but, it does not in review, when you consider how low threat level the aliens actually are. Ship IS rigged with nerve gas and ability to jettison rings... Why abandon ship first? instead of just quarantine.

They can only use the nerve gas after abandoning ship, because otherwise it will kill everyone. If it wasn't for the crew chick fucking up and forgetting to evacuate her section, everyone would be off the ship, and everything would have worked pretty smoothly without any passengers having any idea what's going on. It's probably overkill, but they don't really know much about the alien's capabilities and the setup is presumably to stop them from getting to earth when the ship would be mostly empty. Being boarded by a non space-faring race is an unlikely scenario ;p

• 1Like