Orlando

Banezilla

Molten Core Raider
I'm planning on taking my girlfriend to Orlando to visit Disney World and Universal Studios in November. Is there anything else I should check out while I'm there? Where can I get discounted Universal and Disney tickets?

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just make sure you get your ass to Typhoon Lagoon. That was my favorite thing to do while at Disney the last time I went. The wave pool is amazing!

I think this website is the best Disney/Universal planning and cheap,officialtickets:Disney World tickets | Discount attraction tickets | Undercover Tourist

You might be able to find cheaper elsewhere, say, buying peoples' unused days on their passes, but that is such a pain in the ass and you have no idea what you're actually buying most of the time.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I don't know how those used ticket places work. Last time we went to disney world we ended up having an extra day due to the difference in price between 4 or 5 day ticket being negligible and not wanting to go to the park one day. On our way home we stopped at one of the used ticket places to sell our tickets and they just asked how many days we had left and bought them based on our word as far as I know. So it really made me wonder about the people who buy the tickets, you're just hoping the the person who sold them the ticket was honest? Its not worth the risk buying a ticket even half off one of those places to drive to the park, pay to park, ride the tram or ferry to the park, and once you get there realize the used ticket you bought is no good. You just lost at least 3 hours vacation there to try and save $40 on a vacation where you're likely going to spend north of a grand.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Renting a house is kinda fun. I rented a nice place with a pool and hot tub for 1000/wk.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
Just make sure you get your ass to Typhoon Lagoon. That was my favorite thing to do while at Disney the last time I went. The wave pool is amazing!

I think this website is the best Disney/Universal planning and cheap,officialtickets:Disney World tickets | Discount attraction tickets | Undercover Tourist

You might be able to find cheaper elsewhere, say, buying peoples' unused days on their passes, but that is such a pain in the ass and you have no idea what you're actually buying most of the time.
All the parks use fingerprint scanners now, so its going to be 100% a scam if you try.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
I'm planning on taking my girlfriend to Orlando to visit Disney World and Universal Studios in November. Is there anything else I should check out while I'm there? Where can I get discounted Universal and Disney tickets?
Depending on how long you are going to stay, the Orlando Flex Ticket 2014, or Orlando Flex Ticket Plus 2014 (adds Bush Gardens which is out in Tampa but has a lot of good rollercoasters) may be something to look into.Orlando FlexTicket Plus 2014 | Undercover Tourist

If your time is short but you have the money, the express passes for Universal will save you a ton of time. I'm not much of a fan of the new Disney FastPass+ system but at least you can plan stuff at home. Using the app to make last minute fastpass changes is nice too. At one attraction I was standing in the regular line, checked to see if a fastpass slot was available for the time and one was so I booked it there and skipped over to the fast line. The way it can make you schedule your day is annoying though. Also running the app before you go to check wait times will help you plan which selections to make. No point in making one of your choices the ride that has a low wait time...

Siesta Key is a nice gulf side beach, but its about 2 hours away from Orlando. You won't get much for waves like the Atlantic beaches but it's one of my favorites.

I like staying at the homewood suites on International Drive. Free full breakfast every day and free dinner/beer/wine Mon-Th. They don't charge you an extra $20 a day to park like a lot of places. I hardly take advantage of the dinner but, you are in the heart of the restaurants and you can walk to a bunch where everyone else is paying a high price/waiting in long lines to even park in the area.

nuday

Golden Squire
For anybody thinking of going to either of the Universal parks: get whatever ticket package allows you to enter early and go park-to-park. My wife and I just spent four days there to check out the Harry Potter stuff, and besides the very last day, we barely saw a "crowd" of any kind. We went early, left after three hours or so when the crowds started to pick back up, and then went back in about three hours before closing.

I doubt I'll ever try to just go in for a whole day again.

Banezilla

Molten Core Raider
We went to Florida on the second week of November so crowds were low. We could of easily rode all of the rides at universal in a day. Veterans day at Disney world was super packed. During both days of our early park access at Disney world the main roller coasters at epcot and animal kingdom were closed.

We also took your advice and went to siesta and lido key beach.