Out of the Furnace

Szlia

Winter's Bale?
cool.png

Looks good though. Amazing cast.

spronk

FPS noob
damn thats a top notch cast, looks sad and depressing though. You sort of expect the cast of Justified to suddenly show up.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What a good fucking trailer. There should be Oscars for trailers.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Thought this was going to be a film about Jewish people for some reason, but this looks good as well.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is not a good movie. Saw it tonight and the story must have been written by a self-loathing masochist tard. The cast is great and all the actors turned in solid performances, but god damn did they have an awful script to work with.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Not that im a jew apologist, and I get that you guys are trying to be all funny and shit, but if you ever see those furnaces in person you gain an entirely different perspective on the subject. And its far from funny.

I saw Auschwitz in person. Probably the first time in my life that something like that affected me to the core of my being. The rooms of prosthetics, the room of nothing but hair that they used to make blankets from, the human skin lamp shades, the soap made from human fat. The gas rooms in which they executed 100's of people at a time with gas at the guise of it being a shower. And the rows and rows of 100's of furnaces in which they incinerated the bodies in sometimes being still alive because the gas did not completely kill them.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Due to anonymity, there is so much offensive shit on the internet that it is hard to really get worked up about anything.

If nothing else, the first guy was at least trying to be clever, in bad taste. The ones that followed are just un-original dumb-fucks.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
If Holocaust jokes get your panties in a twist, your best bet is to never use the internet.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nahh, man, panties not in a twist. Just wanted to share my life altering event. And yes it was life altering. Staring straight into the eyes of a madman, the abyss.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Were Fight and I the only ones to see this? Because if so, good. This was not a good movie, despite the cast.

Hell, I disliked this enough that I'm just going full spoiler. About the only way it is interesting is in seeing the dichotomy of largely liberal Hollywood producing gun violence. So to justify Bale murdering the bad guy, modern Hollywood has to load the deck so thoroughly that:
Bale is caring for a bed-ridden father.
Bale spends every waking hour earning money to bail out his brother.
Bale goes to prison for an almost entirely accidental crime.
While in prison the love of his life leaves him.
After getting out of prison, he begins restoring his house in his shattered neighborhood.
His brother gets killed even after following the bad guy's wishes, despite getting the crap kicked out of him for doing so.
The bad guy is, of course, a drug kingpin and untouchable by law enforcement. He is also a drug addict himself, for no reason other than to stack the deck more against him.
Bale's plot to kill the bad guy still results in the death of the closest thing to a friend Bale has in the movie (it seriously could have used more than 12 or so speaking parts).
And yet I'm still wondering why the movie doesn't end with Bale in prison - he kills the bad guy in full view of the local sheriff. It heavily smells like that was the original ending, until focus testers threw crap at the screen.

Seriously, unless you are a film school student working on a thesis on "feel bad 'action' movies*", stay away.

*Oddly, the champ of the genre, Blood Diamond, starred Leo DiCaprio, one of the 97 producers on this.