Outer Banks

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Outer Banks

Genre: Drama, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2020-04-15

Creator: Josh Pate, Jonas Pate, Shannon Burke

Cast: Chase Stokes, Madelyn Cline, Jonathan Daviss, Madison Bailey, Rudy Pankow, Charles Esten, Austin North, Adina Porter, Drew Starkey, Alexis Desiree Jones

Overview: A tight-knit group of teens unearths a long-buried secret, setting off a chain of illicit events that takes them on an adventure they'll never forget.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
This is a new show from Netflix. I had read somewhere that this is like a modern day Goonies. I can see that, it's misfit kids out on a treasure hunt, with several other small side stories, bad guys chasing them, etc. I'm enjoying it. It's well done, every girl is smoking hot (but they're no kerri green - kidding). It's not the best show ever, but it's enjoyable and easy to watch.

Kerri-Green.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
cool. Been on my too watch list. Been trying not to raise my expectations that it will be as good as the goonies though.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
cool. Been on my too watch list. Been trying not to raise my expectations that it will be as good as the goonies though.

The one main thing it's missing for me is that incredible chemistry between the main characters, like Goonies had, It Chapter 1, etc.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's was ok. Needed to lose about 3 episodes as it drags a bit. But I guess that is normal for a Netflix series.

Chris

Potato del Grande
My wife made me watch this. It's a teen drama.

By the end the characters make the absolute worst possible choices at every opportunity.

The last few episodes are so action packed yet you think to yourself "but why do that?" constantly.

I also hated that the main character is called "John B", nobody does that...

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Take a shot every time someone says John B, you'll be plastered 5 minutes into every episode. Dunno why it was so noticeable...

I binged most of it while doing some work from home, it was a great background show that you can focus on like 10-15 minutes every hour.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Was good entertainment but doesnt need a second season, also all the girls play 16 year olds so we know not tits until at least season 4

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Was good entertainment but doesnt need a second season, also all the girls play 16 year olds so we know not tits until at least season 4

I was completely hoping for the blondes tits to be shown when they fucked. God she has amazing huge tits.

Totally agree this does not need a second season. Should have wrapped up the gold and clearing Johns name. Season 2 is going to be so stupid.

Take a shot every time someone says John B, you'll be plastered 5 minutes into every episode. Dunno why it was so noticeable...

The John B thing killed me. Like his dad is dead, there's no other John, no one needs to have their middle name initial said every time someone talks to you. It's insane.

-

I thought the show started off strong, but by the end it felt like they were having a "who is the worst actor" contest. They all won. It got so bad at the end. And Chris wrote above how the characters make every worse decision possible, it starts to get retarded at some point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I was completely hoping for the blondes tits to be shown when they fucked. God she has amazing huge tits.

Totally agree this does not need a second season. Should have wrapped up the gold and clearing Johns name. Season 2 is going to be so stupid.

The John B thing killed me. Like his dad is dead, there's no other John, no one needs to have their middle name initial said every time someone talks to you. It's insane.

-

I thought the show started off strong, but by the end it felt like they were having a "who is the worst actor" contest. They all won. It got so bad at the end. And Chris wrote above how the characters make every worse decision possible, it starts to get retarded at some point.

The scene in the final episode where the one girl is going absolutely insane before she can talk to the cop and the dad basically sneaks his way in was so annoying. Like Calm the fuck down bitch stop acting like a psycho and this could all be avoided.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The scene in the final episode where the one girl is going absolutely insane before she can talk to the cop and the dad basically sneaks his way in was so annoying. Like Calm the fuck down bitch stop acting like a psycho and this could all be avoided.

Right?? Like she could have cleared John B's (lol) name so many times but didn't in over 24 hours. It's so fucking stupid I can't even process it anymore!

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
you guys must not have or have ever had teenage daughters...

We just had the "John B" conversation at the dinner table the other night, and my oldest couldn't get over it. My answer to her is also my answer to you - from a branding perspective it was brilliant, because everyone who has seen the show would know exactly who you're talking about if "John B" comes up in pop culture. Shit, barstool sports was selling t-shirts and hoodies that said "I would die for John B" on them a few weeks ago.

I do think the second season is going to be a bit of a stretch because they have to find a way to get all the characters back together in the same place. Don't want to spoil anything, but not sure how that will work in a plotline that would make any sense (but I'll at least check in to see if it happens)

Chris

Potato del Grande
The "John B" thing is just that nobody talks like that.

You use your full first name with your friends since they don't hang out with your dad, or if dad is famous you could use your full middle name, or you use a nickname, or go by "Junior".

I actually had to go by my second name at High School because someone more popular had the same name. I could have been "Chris P" and shortened it to "Crispy", that would have been retarded.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The "John B" thing is just that nobody talks like that.

You use your full first name with your friends since they don't hang out with your dad, or if dad is famous you could use your full middle name, or you use a nickname, or go by "Junior".

I actually had to go by my second name at High School because someone more popular had the same name. I could have been "Chris P" and shortened it to "Crispy", that would have been retarded.

Wait are you Chris Pratt??????

faille

Molten Core Raider
finally got around to watching this. Not terrible but not great either. So many stupid moments where people just don't listen or refuse to reason things out.
Easy enough watch though. I do wish it was more of a treasure hunt show. Season 2 dropping on Friday for anyone who cares

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I watched both seasons this weekend. Show is mostly fine. It's mindless entertainment. Cast has good chemistry, the crazy people certainly as fuck come off crazy. Sarah has one hell of a rack. The Johnny B name stuff is amusing in how noticeable it is. There are definitely dubious decisions, but teenagers do dumb things all the time.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database