Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i've been playing as a pyro. i'm at lvl 18, world tier 7. i'm wondering what everyone is thinking about their classes. there are some really cool mod synergies with the pyro and have ~10 second cooldowns on all my skills is pretty nice. one of the abilities (can't think of the name) does a small amount of fire damage and then burns them. if they die within a few seconds they detonate for big damage to everything around them. i'm currently using a mod that puts ash (stun) on everyone within 7.5 meters of the target, so they can't run away from the explosion, another mod that gives 20% extra range on the explosion and another mod that increases the damage of the initial hit AND the explosion by like 650 (changes based on item level). with just a single ability i can completely clear out a pretty large area. i know people were a little worried about pyro's in the beta, but they seem to be doing just fine from what i can tell.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
I jumped in at launch, tried the demo 2 days before release and have been playing solo as a Devastator going the bottom skill line (Seismic Shifter) which is ability dependent. Level 17, World Tier 7 and things are doable if I nail the execution, but any error and it's death on captains or most recently the Broodmother. Given that you lose experience in your world tier whenever you die, I'm not going to slog it out for the campaign while trying to hit Level 30 as well. Comes down to the game experience you want. I found this summary helpful -

Also, it's easy to just focus on the World Tier numbers, but keep in mind the first 5 are your standard difficulties in other games. Difficulty does not affect experience gain for leveling.

Outriders World Tiers
World Tier:Difficulty:Enemy Level:Dropped Item Level:Loot Rarity Modifier:Legendary Drop Rate Bonus:Equippable Item Level Cap:
1Story-2-280%0%+0
2Easy-1-190%30%+0
3Normal+0+0100%70%+0
4Hard+1+1120%130%+1
5Expert+2+2140%215%+2
6Master+3+3160%285%+3
7Legend+4+4180%300%+4
8Immortal+5+5200%315%+5
9Frantic+6+6225%330%+6
10Impossible+7+7250%345%+7
11Inferno+8+8300%360%+8
12Torment+9+9350%375%+9
13Nightmare+10+10400%390%+10
14Insanity+11+11450%405%+11
15Madness+12+12500%425%+12

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
am playing techno world 9 middle path, kind of a breeze atm lvl 29, still doing story. The dmg u unleash with poison bullet is kinda insane, specially when u can fit in some mod so u never have to reload even using assault wpn with 30 bullets clip. One of my wpn has claymore mod, striking for 4.5k as well. Have to say i enjoy this lot more than desstiny, it has lot more depth imho, and mods and the combination u can do with em, its pretty fantastic.

Regarding that video, dunno i dont rly agree. i upped my world tier everytime it was possible, but i also kept my gear up to date since u can lvl the wpn/armor on the crafter, and it doesnt rly cost that much, and tbh never rly had any major problem (solo always). I guess to each his own, rght now im like 1 shotting trash, captains dies rly fast, and bosses too.

Last edited:

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lvl19 world 8 devastator. So much dmg mitigation in the middle tree and one get out of death perk, while dmg output is a drag but alot of heal from skills when refresh is up.

Thing is while I kept complaining to my kids when playing I thought the gfx is dog poop and have no idea about story since I skip all dialogues, I cant put this damn thing down!

• 1Solidarity

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Lvl19 world 8 devastator. So much dmg mitigation in the middle tree and one get out of death perk, while dmg output is a drag but alot of heal from skills when refresh is up.

Thing is while I kept complaining to my kids when playing I thought the gfx is dog poop and have no idea about story since I skip all dialogues, I cant put this damn thing down!
This game is like simple fun. Nothing too crazy or anything. I love playing this for some reason. Don't skip the story though. It's so stupid and corny that it's like B movie awesome.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Bought on a whim last night as I can't resist a looter shooter. Got to L10 Pyro. Story is so bad that I wish they would have just went over the top B movie style with it but otherwise enjoying it.

This game is like simple fun. Nothing too crazy or anything. I love playing this for some reason. Don't skip the story though. It's so stupid and corny that it's like B movie awesome.

Hah saw this right after I post. I don't think they went far enough to just own it and make it realllly bad.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mentioned earlier in the thread about the Hunts and Contracts that open up when you get to Trench Town. There are 10 of each, the Hunts reward epic armor and the Contracts reward epic guns. When you finish all 10 of either, you can reset and do them again. Really good XP / Wold xp as well. I'm lvl27 / WT11, not sure how far away from the "end" of the story I am, but after finishing all the Contracts (at WT10), I did them again. Currently trying the last Contract at WT11 and I'm not sure how to kill the boss (one of the Captains the just don't give a fuck about your dmg and rushes you). Gotten 3 Legendaries so far, which I think were all quest / milestone rewards. The legendary weapons are fairly underwhelming once you realize they are only special due to the mods they come with (which you can get for any weapon if you dismantle). I guess they might have higher scaling?

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
am playing techno world 9 middle path, kind of a breeze atm lvl 29, still doing story. The dmg u unleash with poison bullet is kinda insane, specially when u can fit in some mod so u never have to reload even using assault wpn with 30 bullets clip. One of my wpn has claymore mod, striking for 4.5k as well. Have to say i enjoy this lot more than desstiny, it has lot more depth imho, and mods and the combination u can do with em, its pretty fantastic.

Regarding that video, dunno i dont rly agree. i upped my world tier everytime it was possible, but i also kept my gear up to date since u can lvl the wpn/armor on the crafter, and it doesnt rly cost that much, and tbh never rly had any major problem (solo always). I guess to each his own, rght now im like 1 shotting trash, captains dies rly fast, and bosses too.

Yeah I don't agree with that video either. If he's playing on wt9 and has to fight level 30 mobs, he also has access to level 30 items which you can easily get off chests if anything or vendors, and your stats would also be boosted from those items and not sitting on power at your actual level, there's no reason to be holding on to old items while leveling, get the highest one you can and switch mods if you need to, the power jumps get bigger from level to level in the last half of leveling process. Worry about micro managing stats when you get to 30.

Yes even legendaries (which I agree are a bit underwhelming, just for cosmetic and t3 mods I guess, well sets on the leg gear too), unless you also see stats you like on them, you'll need to break 1 of each of them anyways to get the t3 mods from them.

If people want a smooth ride through the leveling process then I suggest stay wt 4 or 5 just so you get stuff a level or two higher than you, but you'll have to do some catching up later on. Use Damage Absorber mod when you can find it, that thing is godly, I'm getting 18k armor from it at level 30.

Have had a lot of fun playing my techno in a group, double turrets for spreading freeze/toxic/vulnerable/slow on multiple targets.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
20 on Pyro. If I didn't let the world go up I would be falling asleep. Permanent volcanic rounds, immobilizes, interrupts and healing on demand. Single target is solid and anything that is in a pack chains status effects. No idea if this build is good or not later but it makes everything super trivial currently.

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
21 now. Picked up a pistol with claymore II and I swapped out the first useless skill and replaced w deathchain II. Its now my boss killer... They die fast!

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Level 6 techno

any tree or gameplay tips.

i suck at these games but this one has been pretty fun.
Free on gamepass is what got me in !

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Made it to 29 last night. I’m not sure how much of the story I have left, but I’m having fun.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Level 6 techno

any tree or gameplay tips.

i suck at these games but this one has been pretty fun.
Free on gamepass is what got me in !
If you're playing solo, enjoy the Perpetuum Mobile + Minigun synergy for as long as it lasts.

If/when they nerf it to not work with minigun anymore, you can just swap to Blighted Rounds instead.

Cybsled

Is anyone else getting the "no hud" shit? It's pissing me off. Just started playing. Did prologue /w no HUD available. Didn't think much of it because I thought it was just prologue, but I thought the aiming mechanics would be sort of punishing if the whole game was like that. Then I get to trenches and have a HUD/targeting reticle. Ok, I guess this is normal. Then I go do the first mission and no HUD. Clearly something is fucked.

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Is anyone else getting the "no hud" shit? It's pissing me off. Just started playing. Did prologue /w no HUD available. Didn't think much of it because I thought it was just prologue, but I thought the aiming mechanics would be sort of punishing if the whole game was like that. Then I get to trenches and have a HUD/targeting reticle. Ok, I guess this is normal. Then I go do the first mission and no HUD. Clearly something is fucked.

I get this as soon as I log in. I just go back out to the lobby, and back in, and it's there permanently.

I see what my issue was as far as...everything goes. I completed everything on WT5. I had gear that was clearly behind for any other WT. I've caught up now. Gear is Lvl 42. Can handle WT8 no problem WT9 is a challenge.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I get this as soon as I log in. I just go back out to the lobby, and back in, and it's there permanently.

I see what my issue was as far as...everything goes. I completed everything on WT5. I had gear that was clearly behind for any other WT. I've caught up now. Gear is Lvl 42. Can handle WT8 no problem WT9 is a challenge.
Do all the Hunts / Contracts, they are fairly quick and will give good gear. I find the Hunts give more epics off mobs than the Contracts.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I beat the campaign last night on WT4, hit level 30 Trickster after the credits. I was cruising through WT6 but a couple of the later bosses just felt cheap as fuck with 1 or 2-shots, plus abilities that went through cover. Didn't make sense to me to beat my head against higher WT until I unlocked everything, knew the real grind was post-game anyway. So today I'll probably grind my WT up a bit and start thinking about expedition builds.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I am wondering about World Tier myself, my friends and I are playing as a trio and are on WT12 now (just letting it advance as it goes). I tried to play solo a minute when we were at WT11 and everything wasted me.

So are those of you finishing at like WT4, 6, whatever all playing alone? Anyone playing with friends and what did you finish it? did you ever have to stop advancing it or turn it down?

it really is brutal every time a tier goes up, until enough gear drops to fully upgrade to the new gear level. But as a party, going down doesnt lose you WT experience, only full wiping.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Diving into this after work this evening, finally. Best solo class? Was looking at devastator but the tech guy with the turrets looked kinda neat as well.