Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just a heads up, each time the game crashes, it saves a 320mb file to your main HD. Never deletes them. I looked in my Madness folder....13gig worth of crash dumps.

Edit: Crashed 2 more times since I posted this. I think that is 41 crashes since release, with 52hrs total played. Crazy.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just a heads up, each time the game crashes, it saves a 320mb file to your main HD. Never deletes them. I looked in my Madness folder....13gig worth of crash dumps.

1.24 GB here. Thanks for the heads up.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Anyone playing on console / xbox? Figure servers must be stable by now so trying it out. I like the world and settings and maps, but man I am having a rough go in combat. It feels like the FOV on console is way too narrow, I have a super tough time knowing if I am "in danger" on boss fights. I can barely see much around me, the first boss the electro dude was constantly dropping puddles on me and my dumb ass was dying to it a lot. Eventually I just adopted a strategy of move behind cover, shoot for 10 seconds, move again.

I just really don't like the cover mechanics in this game, it feels super wonky compared to Division or even Gears of War. I think if I could up the FOV it might be more manageable but without that I feel like I lack so much information in combat. Moving as well feels bad, it triggers me when I move to cover up ahead and get a sniper shot in the head. Whats the fucking point of cover to cover if you can get sniped during the rush part...

Maybe just a game that plays poorly on a controller compared to kbm, but I played hundreds of hours of Division and Destiny on console with no issues so kinda weird.
The cover isn't meant for you; this isn't a cover shooter. Its a trap. The Cover is for the bad guys. Don't use it. The healing mechanics are there to reward aggression and aggressive motion. Use the radar to position yourself if you are moving and want to know where to boss is but if you doing too much cover and peek and pop, its time to fire up and jets and get moving. Use your powers and pick your load out to heal on the run and take the fight to them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The World Tier system is quite ingenious. It provides a vector for steadily increasing difficulty in way that scales with actual player efficacy rather than normalizing to some stat or forcing the player to select their own difficulty with no guidance.

My one character solo is cruising around W7 whereas the character I play co-op with my buddy is hanging out at W9/nearly 10. The end result is that we always feel challenged by whatever we are running against and it's a lot of fun.

At one point we thought the game was broken because our abilities weren't refreshing but nope, it was just a nasty debuff a minor boss was using on us. True joyful chaos, we are having a blast.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

If I had known the 1st Morloch fight wouldnt drop any loot, I would have set my WT down much lower for that battle. I was almost WT9, but by the time I finally beat him, I was only 1/3rd through WT8 after all the XP loss ;/

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!

This makes things go splat. Plus it fucks up mobs around the target. Fun.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I must be an unlucky dude because I haven't seen one legendary drop for me. All my legendaries are from quests or repeating the monster hunts and wanted hunts. I'm on wt15 and drop pod 9 levels.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
So I've done some Gold CT15 Expedition solos on my Trickster. Only have one or two useful T3 mods so far, but have a strong set of lvl 50 epics with Firepower+Cooldown+Close Range Dmg. Twisted Rounds + Borrowed Time + Hunt the Prey with a tactical AR. Borrowed Time with 100% duration and the armor + resist makes me super tanky (83% phys resist of a maximum 85%) for 56 seconds out of every minute.

Currently to do the more difficult CT15s Gold I am gated by 1 specific legendary mod, Instant Reload (Hunt the Prey), which would change the build to full damage, 1-shot with shotgun. There's an interesting power curve for Trickster in the endgame where once you get to a certain level of damage you can basically ignore survivability and play the game like Doom instead of Destiny. From what I see, Techno is roughly the same but they have better base health sustain and they get long range instead of close range bonuses, so they can just snipe down elites from a safe distance behind a freeze turret.

Anomaly Rounds gun builds are the first easy path up to CT10+ expeditions, but anomaly power builds are emerging now too. I think some abilities need way shorter cooldown for the sake of build diversity, especially on Trickster. Nobody is playing CT15 with the slash or cyclone abilities because you just die between cooldowns.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If Blighted Round doesn't have its sound effect changed with whatever patch is upcoming, I think I'll be done with that class and maybe game. It ruins the gameplay for me. Other than Mini Gun build, I don't think Techno has anything that is viable (I strongly dislike the slowness of MG build).

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
When devs nerf the shit out of everything people just stop playing. Why can't they just make shit that sucks better

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ya, Im reading over them now. Just about everything people have talked about here (volcanic rounds for example) is getting nerfed. Wont change much for me as Ive been pretty basic on my Devastator. I would probably pay more attention to specific stats but I feel like Titanium is too stingy to continuously upgrade things. Ive found a shotgun with great stats and Ive made both mods fit my playstyle and thats the only thing Ive been upgrading so far. Hell, even the shards seem stingy. Lvl 26, just now reaching the human-ish base in the desert thats been taken over.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When devs nerf the shit out of everything people just stop playing. Why can't they just make shit that sucks better
Ive noticed a lot of people in the teens of the world tier solo are using the abilities that theyre nerfing. Could just be them trying to extend the game's life and encourage multiplayer.

Cybsled

Why the fuck are they just nerfing? That is always a shit move. Making the game more frustrating doesn’t retain players. Bethesda pulled that shit with FO76 claiming they would use it to rebalance and buff things. That was over a year ago.

Sounds like mini gun will be worthless since they nerfed massacre. Without that buff running that gun is useless at scale.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
What I do not understand is how I have two side quests from one hub. The first one I can blast through in WT5. The one next to it destroys me. Coming from the same level hub I’m curious how well they balanced this shit.