Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What I do not understand is how I have two side quests from one hub. The first one I can blast through in WT5. The one next to it destroys me. Coming from the same level hub I’m curious how well they balanced this shit.
Im enjoying the game, dont get me wrong - but I dont think they balanced encounters very much at all in that regard. Some of the bosses for example will just wipe the floor with me and after a few tries I would just take it down 1-2 WT's and breeze right through it. The jump in how bullet sponge stuff between WT5 and WT7 is ridiculous at times.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
What I do not understand is how I have two side quests from one hub. The first one I can blast through in WT5. The one next to it destroys me. Coming from the same level hub I’m curious how well they balanced this shit.

Is one of them human enemies and the other beasts? Are there snipers present in one but not the other? Basically any enemies with bullets are bullshit.

Why the fuck are they just nerfing? That is always a shit move.

Gonna go out on a limb here and guess they didn't expect people to be soloing challenge tier 15 on day two. Some shit is just broken and it's okay to admit.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Meh they're just rebalancing the game based on a few that have already no life their way to the end. Now the rest of the player base who haven't reached that point is left to deal with nerfs and increased difficulty because of this. Most of those no lifers will probably leave after this patch anyways from boredom.

They're already nerfing bullet builds(I'm actually surprised they did, but obviously needed), did they need to nerf vulnerable and clear times too? or wait until they see the effects? Game just comes down to running highest damage builds because it's a pve time challenge game in the end, which also just kills build diversity anyways, it's not like it's built to be a full trinity game. Next meta damage builds will come up to take their place, are they going to keep nerfing them? Will they bother to buff anything underused or underpowered?

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
This is pretty standard fare for gaming being shit in a post-streaming world. The people that play 72hrs straight on release discover the OP stuff, it stirs a cry for nerfs from the casual players, devs have knee-jerk response that kicks the ladder for everyone else.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sadly blighted rounds still sound like shit, no more leggo's from doing contracts/hunts, 50% nerf to dmg on toxic mobs. Vuln nerf, AR Tactical nerf. Oh well.

Cybsled

If they were smart, they would have instead buffed all the weaker shit instead.

Then they made gold time super hard to get, which just funnels everyone into FOTM damage builds. Why do so many devs never understand this? The problem isn’t one build is too powerful, the problem is too much shit is underpowered based on how they designed the game. They add close range abilities, then give elites moves that insta gib you close range, pushing people to ranged builds. Gee, it’s almost like you could add features that mitigate these problems to make more builds viable!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Is one of them human enemies and the other beasts? Are there snipers present in one but not the other? Basically any enemies with bullets are bullshit.

Yeah that definitely was the case. 1st one was beasts and easily dispatched with a low shot ratio. The second were human based with snipers and a bulletsponge mini boss thrown in while I was trying to crowd control as he threw artillery shells everywhere.

Fun fact though: I could literally run that side quest with the beasts and breeze through WT tiers and get better loot than forcing myself through a side quest I had to downgrade to WT3 with less loot. That piece seems definitely broken to me.

Ladro

Anomaly
I just did a CT7 expedition on my Pyro which is max for me right now at level 40 and noticed no difference in my ability to kill things solo. I lost 15% damage to ash but still completely destroying things. Agree things should be buffed to compensate overall and that nerfing sucks but I think people are maybe crying a bit much here. Adjust your gear and use perks that synergize.

I'm still on the climb to optimize and don't give two shits about rushing CT15 for phat lewts. I'll get there when my build can get me there... still having fun coop so enjoying my experience.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I just did a CT7 expedition on my Pyro which is max for me right now at level 40 and noticed no difference in my ability to kill things solo. I lost 15% damage to ash but still completely destroying things.

Uhh, patch doesn't have a release date yet.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it's lame but I'm absolutely not surprised by this and kind of glad I waited for at least some early rebalancing.

If I wait a little longer, what are the chances of me getting it at a discount?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Said some things would be in today’s patch during maintenance. Like the connectivity stuff. But the bulk would be on a later date.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
All the balance changes are already in. Tricksters got hit the hardest, since the class needs to be close to do damage and mobs are still a gang-rapey stun lock and freeze fest. Technos doing alright, just a bit slower. But the people who got the right T3 mod drops are still pulling down easy CT15 golds.

Also, the legendary vendor didn't refresh... if he's a one-and-done per character I think I'll bow out til a content update.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Taking away the guaranteed legendary from the hunt/bounty quest lines was so fucking stupid. Who's gonna repeat the entire quests for a purple reward when you get 2-5 from every beast clear? gtfo

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I did a 9 expedition last night for the first time and a 9 today after changes. Didn't feel any different on the pyro.

The hunt change is super lame though. You deserve a legendary for having to map hop so many times ;[

Hosix

All labs matter!
It’s like The Division/Division 2. Instead of beefing up other abilities to make them more appealing? They nerf what everyone is using.

Maybe they should work on mobs and how they perform.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Instead of beefing up other abilities to make them more appealing? They nerf what everyone is using.

Beefing everything else up to the level that bullets buffs were at would basically neuter any game difficulty.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So as this game is not a "live service game", has no pvp, has no rankings or any competitive ladders, etc. Like who the fuck gives a shit about balance and why the fuck would they go on a nerf spree in the first week of the game? Also legendary from redoing quests? Like holy shit I guess we cannot have that, lol.

Dumb.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Not having PVP or competitive ladders doesn't mean that the dev wants every single end game player using the same builds. Which is pretty much what happened. If they launched the game with these tweaks already implemented it's not like everyone would suddenly say the game is trash. Yet builds would still be insane because mods and effects in this game are fucking nuts anyway. Buffing my bullets is honestly the least interesting ability I have.