Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Empowering Antenna, the final point in the Pestilence tree for Technos, seems bad. Yeah it's a 40% buff to weapon damage for the whole squad, but it's only for 10 seconds and the only two decay skills are Blighted Rounds and Blighted Turret. You should try and keep Blighted Rounds active at all times so you shouldn't ever need to re-activate it and Blighted Turret seems less handy than Cold Snap or Fixing Wave
Blighted Turret can be switched to Freeze, if you want to take up a mod slot. Can have the 40% buff all the time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know most games have cut content, but Ive read that Outriders had a significant amount of cut content. I wouldnt be surprised if gear drops and crafting got far less attention than was planned, just like the class disparity etc. If they put out a DLC/expansion etc., I would fully expect them to shore up a lot of crap. Though, I agree that nerfing things now, serves no purpose other than to put a bad taste in players mouths. I really wanted to fight that walker thing that they allude to fighting early on in the game, but from what people are saying on reddit - that was cut. The shit I could complain about is just the Aimbot mentality of all the mobs. Fuckers know where you are, and they know exactly where you're going to stand at any point. The only thing I could reliably fake out were snipers. Take cover, wait for the laser to drop on your location, fake pop out a couple times and they'll pull the trigger.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
You should be able to reroll 1 Stat for another random Stat for drop pod resources. So if you get +health you can roll it for another random stat

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
The first half of this is the wrong mindset for this game, and the 2nd half is the reason.
At any point you can spend resources to simply +1 a piece of gear from lvl 33 to 34 and you absolutely should, at every chance you get.
You can have perfect items (3/3 useful stats and 1/2 useful mods) as early as lvl 21 and that's the stuff you hold onto forever.

It doesn't get easier to gear as you go higher, it gets harder.

Example: A green lvl 20 item could have Firepower + Long Range, then you roll it to 21 and it gets Close Range. Perfect rolls for a Techno. Now you upgrade to blue. Does the first mod matter? Not really, maybe you get Critical Analysis though. You upgrade it to your level then you roll it Epic, and it gets Bloodlust, or Toxic, or Crit Stack, etc. Perfect item. Reroll the first mod to whatever else as you progress, eventually a really good T3 mod.

Now, try to do the same at gear lvl 39, when all of your drops have 3 stats already and most of them are epic. You need an item to be 4/5ths perfect to be worth keeping.

Also, don't worry about how many resources you have at lvl 50.
A CT15 gold is 70k drop pod resources. That translates to over 5 million scrap, which gets you 200k leather, or 200k iron, or 40k titanium.
Ok well wish i had known that at level 20.
Good to know i dont have to worrry about resources. I'll farm a few current level CTs for good/great stats and upgrade them then

Cybsled

It’s rough because the game is really shitty about letting you know how stats actually effect you.

Also you’re starved for pod resources unless you can farm them and you can’t level epics later on without PoD resources, which only leaves you buying them for titanium, which is another resource you need

Hosix

All labs matter!
If you have a technomancer give this a try. Do the full mini gun build with anomaly power on all gear. Do the armor stuff that refills gun on killing toxic mob. Add in mini gun tier 1.

Run into a pack of mobs. Pop mini gun and turd turret, third skill is your choice. Enjoy. You cannot be stunned. 6 alphas? No problem. As long as you keep killing and refilling mags? They can’t do shit.

Yes they move slow. I haven’t figured out strats/positioning for all maps. But it’s funny with a mountain of aliens on you and you just keep wrecking shit.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you have a technomancer give this a try. Do the full mini gun build with anomaly power on all gear. Do the armor stuff that refills gun on killing toxic mob. Add in mini gun tier 1.

Run into a pack of mobs. Pop mini gun and turd turret, third skill is your choice. Enjoy. You cannot be stunned. 6 alphas? No problem. As long as you keep killing and refilling mags? They can’t do shit.

Yes they move slow. I haven’t figured out strays for all maps. But it’s funny with a mountain of aliens on you and you just keep wrecking shit.
It used to be way better with an infinitely stacking dmg buff that a mini gun mod had.

Cybsled

Ya, that buff drops off so damned fast now. You used to be able to turn the minigun into an absolute beast.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Ok well wish i had known that at level 20.
Good to know i dont have to worrry about resources. I'll farm a few current level CTs for good/great stats and upgrade them then

Also check armor vendors in Rift Town and Trench Town regularly for blues and greens with your preferred stats.
The amount of the stat doesn't matter because they all end up the same when maxed out. In fact, it's usually better if an item has a lower firepower/cdr/etc roll relative to other pieces of the same level because that means the armor rolled higher, and you can't buff up the armor value with shards.

As for technos and miniguns... alternatively you could use a tactical AR and just 1-tap them before they finish spawning in.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Ok I see what you guys are saying and all but its still roll of the dice on the mod being good? Like do you find a good blue level it to 50 then upgrade rarity and alt f4 if the mod sucks? Or even greens alt f4ing if the 3rd stat is garbo? At the end of the day you need 4 of 5 stats to be good cus you can only control 1 mod slot. Sure it may have been easier had i kept good pieces while leveling but at this point does it matter now whether i farm current lvl blues trying to get good 4/5 or go back or farm vendors for 3/3 slots, level and upgrade them hoping for 4/5? Either way im farming for gear hoping rng is nice 4 out of 5 times

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Increased rarity lets you pick from 3, so you get more chances at useful gear when you vendor hunt for green/blue.

But more importantly yes, you can cheese the whole upgrade process if you'd rather not RNG. And it's better to disconnect your ethernet interface rather than Alt+F4, this kicks to main menu so you don't have to start the game from scratch.

Example AutoHotKey script (CTRL+1 to disconnect, CTRL+2 to reconnect, rename "Ethernet 3" to whatever your interface is called);
^1:: run, *runas %comspec% /c netsh interface set interface name="Ethernet 3" admin=disabled,,hide ;change name to be the name of the network adapter return ^2:: run, *runas %comspec% /c netsh interface set interface name="Ethernet 3" admin=enabled,,hide return

This is 100% reproducible with no bugged out items if you do it exactly as listed;
1) Leave your character in the Outriders camp
2) Load in, run to Zahedi, wait for autosave (spinning circle in bottom right) to complete
3) Talk to Zahedi and begin upgrade (example: increase rarity)
4) Check mods, disconnect (CTRL+1) immediately if none are what you want. You have 2-3 seconds here so you should know what your mods look like rather than hovering over while contemplating.
5) Reconnect (CTRL+2) after "Disconnected from Server" prompt appears. Load back in, repeat.

Never, ever do anything else after you load into the game. If you check your inventory to "see if it worked", exist back to lobby and go in fresh.

Cybsled

Upgrading feels bad at the higher CTs. You get to the point where you need to upgrade existing gear, but to do that you have to spend thousands of drop pod resources. And the only reasonable way to get them is to win expeditions (sure, you can sell titanium, but then you have to get titanium, rinse repeat). But you have trouble winning expeditions without leveled gear, so you end up hoping the random shit that drops might be a good roll.

Got silver on coliseum, won 3k resources, then had to use them all to level my main gun to 48 from 47 ;/

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Ok so using a mixture of upgrading greens/alt-f4 til they are good and finding decent blues from expeditions i've now got avg lvl 37 decent gear. gonna give a few lvl 39 expeditions a try and see if its just the item level disparity that caused my roadblock or if my build just sucks.

edit: ok still able to gold expeditions solo and increase my CT, but goddamn was that expedition painful. fuck marshlands

Last edited:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
PXL_20210421_105419199.jpg
What's going on here? Same item level, same rarity, cool down and status power are identical but the Vagrants Boots just have straight-up higher anomaly power and armor.
Is this just an RNG factor?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
that seems weird, the stat rolls are RNG a bit but you can upgrade the 3 stats, but not armor. never seen one just clearly better in every way but i guess that's a thing. Those boots on the right are god tier though 5/5.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
There is a definite benefit to running with complimentary builds. If you have two 'rounds' guys relying on kills to refill mags then you run into issues with them sniping each other's kills / anomaly damage killing their target and they run out.

I think you want one guy to be running a 'classic tank' build either running in melee style or using beefy defenses and acting as a decoy and then another person standing back and spewing AE damage centered on their tanking buddy. There may be some nice support synergies for the third man where they don't interfere with the other two but I've not sussed that out yet as we don't have 3 that often.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
aight so pro tip from a newb scrub, i just realized the stats page actually tells you what all the different stats do (shift on inventory screen, where you see your avg item level) and shit like close range, long range damage, criticals, etc only applies to weapons.

For skill based builds (anomaly/melee) the only stats that matter besides armor are Anomaly power to deal damage, GCD reduction to reduce cool downs, resistance pierce (only seen this on mods) to reduce resists to status affects, status power to increase dmg/duration of status effects like bleed/toxic/etc, and skills life leech to regain health from skill dmg.

So now i'm running around with my sidearm active cus its the only firearm I have that increases status power and skill life leech. I stopped caring about what type of weapon i have equipped a while ago and have just been equipping the 3 highest item level weapons with crit/close range dmg only to now realize that does nothing.

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok quick question:

I blasted through the main story starting about half way through and am Level 27 and able to start expeditions and got my butt kicked in the first one (solo lol).

I have a lot of the side quests and bounties and such to do. Should I do that first to get to level 30 and then start expeditions? Or should I get to level 30 and then start leveling world tiers and then expeditions?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I would get to 30 before starting expeditions. On my second character i hit 30 before I even got to the desert due to replaying bits with different people. At 27 you are missing out on 4 skill points and that alone is a big difference for some builds.

Why the heck did they do skill points as 0 or 2 for level 21+ is beyond me. I'm guessing its because you have only 6 ability levels + 3 intro levels + 20 skill points = 29 and not 30 so they just played weird games with the accrual rather than just having one random level past 22 that has no skill point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user