Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I didn't play right at release and waited for a sale but I don't remember seeing complaints of them constantly changing gear but it's been a while. Are you confusing it with The Division? That's what killed that game for me.
No, i'm not confusing shit. feel free to read this thread tho?

The game at launch had a super shitty character lockout bug. like "fuck this game" if you were affected, and people who were affected quit over it, not denying that. but it only impacted a small fraction of people. something about doing cross-platform group missions where the world tier of the server you joined was different than the world tier you were on natively, all the gear drops with were flagged wrong and wouldn't display, so if you left that mission without melting all those drops or had equipped any of them then your character couldn't load. It was a shit show, people were locked out of their characters for days, i think almost a week? Eventually they deleted all the bad gear and reissued max quality gear replacements to those players.

Other than that bug tho, the game was amazing at launch, hell it was even better before in the beta, but they just kept changing shit. Wild, knee jerk reaction style power balance swings, gear changes, itemization changes, world tier changes, expedition changes, etc. The biggest complaint was why the fuck are you constantly nerfing everything if this isn't a GaaS? Ultimately they were obviously trying to extend the "content" ie the end game by making the grind take way more time and be way harder. By the time I quit there was literally 3 builds (for the 4 classes, sorry devastators didn't have a viable build) to grind end game expeditions due to the timers, mob difficulty, and player power, all for a 0.0001% chance for a gold drop and 0.00001% chance that drop would even fit your build.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No, i'm not confusing shit. feel free to read this thread tho?

The game at launch had a super shitty character lockout bug. like "fuck this game" if you were affected, and people who were affected quit over it, not denying that. but it only impacted a small fraction of people. something about doing cross-platform group missions where the world tier of the server you joined was different than the world tier you were on natively, all the gear drops with were flagged wrong and wouldn't display, so if you left that mission without melting all those drops or had equipped any of them then your character couldn't load. It was a shit show, people were locked out of their characters for days, i think almost a week? Eventually they deleted all the bad gear and reissued max quality gear replacements to those players.

Other than that bug tho, the game was amazing at launch, hell it was even better before in the beta, but they just kept changing shit. Wild, knee jerk reaction style power balance swings, gear changes, itemization changes, world tier changes, expedition changes, etc. The biggest complaint was why the fuck are you constantly nerfing everything if this isn't a GaaS? Ultimately they were obviously trying to extend the "content" ie the end game by making the grind take way more time and be way harder. By the time I quit there was literally 3 builds (for the 4 classes, sorry devastators didn't have a viable build) to grind end game expeditions due to the timers, mob difficulty, and player power, all for a 0.0001% chance for a gold drop and 0.00001% chance that drop would even fit your build.
I know it was pretty much too late at that point but they DID fix the drop and legendary problems this game had. And youre right, with absolutely no pvp and mostly a single player game or CO-OP Im wondering also why the fuck they went down the road of nerfing everything to the ground. It sure cost them in the end. But again, being a single player game who gives a fuck as long as they fix the shit.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Skill-Up review:

I solo'd 99% of the launch game, but this sounds like it will be pointless to do so in the dlc.

edit: Wtf is that villain? Its supposed to be a woman....my guess is "its a MAN, baby".

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Skill-Up review:

I solo'd 99% of the launch game, but this sounds like it will be pointless to do so in the dlc.

edit: Wtf is that villain? Its supposed to be a woman....my guess is "its a MAN, baby".
The guy hosting that video is just ate up about spending $35 bucks on an expansion. Even going so far as to saying you can get whole ass indie games for less. No shit sherlock. His minor complaints are nit pick tier considering Destiny, Division, Fortnite etc., have all those same issues (ffs). Never mind he was angsty about not getting the exe he needed to start the game until they released it (entitled). Then the complaints about the game being better suited to playing with friends, derp. I usually like his reviews, but he was just a cunt with this one. He very much enjoyed playing Destiny more than this cause he kept bringing up shit that Destiny has.

Personally, I think People Can Fly management thought the game was going to do bad at release and haggled out some shit tier lump sum payment from Game Pass (not that launch did fantastic either). Then to top that off, they have no real microtransactions in the game so they never got the chance to make additional profit from the Game Pass players. Not that I want Microtransactions, just stating for financial evidence. Players like myself that bought the full game outside of Game Pass, I believe that showed them that the game could stand on its own two legs and maybe made them regret the forced/rushed release and decisions that entailed. Hence the continued development at a loss, IE. the expansion. Hopefully that means they can maybe sell the full game and expansion for like 60 or something and get some new boots on the ground.

Outside of all of that... Did anyone else notice they sure did add a lot of things that seasonal games have? Like the bones of systems. Paragons, another tier of world difficulty levels, a separate talent tree that works on your other talent tree etc.? If this does well, I think they might actually push for seasonal content.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The guy hosting that video is just ate up about spending $35 bucks on an expansion. Even going so far as to saying you can get whole ass indie games for less. No shit sherlock. His minor complaints are nit pick tier considering Destiny, Division, Fortnite etc., have all those same issues (ffs). Never mind he was angsty about not getting the exe he needed to start the game until they released it (entitled). Then the complaints about the game being better suited to playing with friends, derp. I usually like his reviews, but he was just a cunt with this one. He very much enjoyed playing Destiny more than this cause he kept bringing up shit that Destiny has.

Personally, I think People Can Fly management thought the game was going to do bad at release and haggled out some shit tier lump sum payment from Game Pass (not that launch did fantastic either). Then to top that off, they have no real microtransactions in the game so they never got the chance to make additional profit from the Game Pass players. Not that I want Microtransactions, just stating for financial evidence. Players like myself that bought the full game outside of Game Pass, I believe that showed them that the game could stand on its own two legs and maybe made them regret the forced/rushed release and decisions that entailed. Hence the continued development at a loss, IE. the expansion. Hopefully that means they can maybe sell the full game and expansion for like 60 or something and get some new boots on the ground.

Outside of all of that... Did anyone else notice they sure did add a lot of things that seasonal games have? Like the bones of systems. Paragons, another tier of world difficulty levels, a separate talent tree that works on your other talent tree etc.? If this does well, I think they might actually push for seasonal content.

He's is an admitted Destiny fanatic.

He literally bitched about grinding in a looter shooter?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Seems like an OK amount of new content but he's right that $35 is too much to ask for it. I got the game on a discount for $20 and I feel like that was about the right price to pay for the full game. So $35 is a non-starter.

Daidraco

LOL bitching about $35 while spending $100s per year on Destiny?
Even WoW has the audacity to charge $50 bucks for the base expansion coming up and they have a sub and a cash shop. I'm all for games getting cheaper, but I think $35 bucks if pretty damn fair for a game that doesnt have any additional fees behind it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For those who happen to be actually playing, how do you access the full world map once you're at the Outrider Camp (finished MSQ)? When I played last, I'd swear you could just teleport back to any town via the map (as a way to cycle through available expeditions). Now though, I'm stuck at the Outrider Camp, bringing up the map just shows the camp. If I set a different Story Point, again, it just shows the map for that particular section. What about Hunts and Bounties? Can you not do them once you've finished doing 10 of each?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
For those who happen to be actually playing, how do you access the full world map once you're at the Outrider Camp (finished MSQ)? When I played last, I'd swear you could just teleport back to any town via the map (as a way to cycle through available expeditions). Now though, I'm stuck at the Outrider Camp, bringing up the map just shows the camp. If I set a different Story Point, again, it just shows the map for that particular section. What about Hunts and Bounties? Can you not do them once you've finished doing 10 of each?

Talk about to Channa to travel on the world map.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Oh come on it isn't that much. $80 for expansion + season passes for the whole expansion with expansions being a year and change apart.
His exaggeration and your reply still proves the point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good luck to those who want to try this out today, it appears they didn't learn much from their initial launch in regards to server capacity / stability, lol.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure if its a 40 or 60gb download, maybe its a 40gb download, then 60gb decompressed on disk.

Cybsled

I beat the main story in this - I would estimate it is probably around 1/4th or 1/5th the length of the original game, if that. It essentially resolves most of the stuff leftover from the end of the original game. It feels like it has a bit of finality to it, although it leaves enough of a door that they could probably do an Outriders 2 down the line if they wanted (with a time skip anyways). You learn a lot more about the Pax and their history. They were more like humans early on, then they abandoned their civilization for the most part to escape what almost killed them originally. Although then they get genocided by the humans as shown in the original game because they decided to go primitive, so not sure what message the devs had beyond "use power responsibly" lol

After you beat the MSQ, it unlocks basically a deep dungeon/torghast type temple. The temple has a bunch of hard arenas/missions/encounters that you have to beat. Some have guaranteed loot types - like one at the start guarantees legendary boots. So it is kind of like the old mission system, but you have to chain run them in order to get better rewards. You only get 2 do-overs if you die, then you get kicked out of the temple. I made a solo attempt on legendary 16 difficulty - the boss encounters are so annoying because they constantly spam those fucking teleporting berserker trash mobs that freeze you if they get in range, then you get stunlocked and die.

As for other stuff, the pax abilities are basically a sub-talent tree that enhance your current class. So like on my blight build Technomancer, I decided to go the turret tree because you get some better life steal and a turret ability where it basically AOE refills your ammo and gives you attack boosts if you're near it. There is also another advancement system where you can basically pimp out your base stats. Want insane crit? armor piercing? etc. Lets you do that

New items drop which have 3 abilities on them. However, you can't change out the 3rd ability, only the first two. The named legendary items can also have a chance to roll with the 3 abilities on them now, so if you went the class set route, gives you a new carrot to chase.

If you really liked Outriders, I would probably recommend it. The temple thing seems challenging enough to keep you busy for a while if you decide to run it on high difficulty

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users