Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hosix

All labs matter!
I'm gonna give this more of a shot. I only have the demo and I picked Trickster but just randomly. Is there a META yet or are they all fairly good or too early to tell?

Honestly? Each class has a build or two that wrecks shit. It’s about adding in the correct armor/gun mods.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm gonna give this more of a shot. I only have the demo and I picked Trickster but just randomly. Is there a META yet or are they all fairly good or too early to tell?
Techno is by far the easiest to push end game content with. It is one of the few that requires zero legendaries. I can carry two other people to gold in tier 15 expeditions. Meanwhile, my dev and pyro struggle to finish a 14 gold while trying to farm legendaries for set bonuses. Trickster is probably fine for pushing expeditions solo without a set bonus. Techno will probably get nerfed TBH. It is just too easy.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
At this point it may be small sample size, ive only ran the vendors maybe 10 times total (so about 40 looks) and 2 of the 40 times it didn't follow the 10-20% of your skill tree "main stat". Also keep in mind the only vendor that reliably sells greens is rift town and to a lesser
Extent jungle. Trench and bailey sell more blues with only 1 or 2 greens.

Your mileage may vary. But within a few hours i was able to get a full set of gear with 4/4 stats that i want all from vendors, and will alt f4 the 5th slot when i get them to 50 and upgrade them to epic. Im even working on specific looks now. Got almost a full set of perfect roll pitch-black set, just missing chest. I was originally going for exosuit (got 2 pieces) or outriders (got 2 pieces) but they are not as common as pitch-black from lvl 20 green vendor.

It's certainly far more efficient for me than farming gear in CTs. My devastator looking like a goddamn clown still doesnt have perfect role gear and hes 5 lvls undergeared struggling for upgrades.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Techno is by far the easiest to push end game content with. It is one of the few that requires zero legendaries. I can carry two other people to gold in tier 15 expeditions. Meanwhile, my dev and pyro struggle to finish a 14 gold while trying to farm legendaries for set bonuses. Trickster is probably fine for pushing expeditions solo without a set bonus. Techno will probably get nerfed TBH. It is just too easy.

If they nerf, they're idiots.

Again: This isnt a live service game. There is no PVP.

They need to BUFF everything else, or nerf the damned enemies. Once emergency stance gets fixed, people are going to start quiting the game in droves if they don't rebalance the expeditions or give much more generous timers. Boomtown feels impossible to gold on TBH unless all the riflemen don't play hide and seek, and even then that is playing perfectly and super aggressive (which won't be possible once they nerf stance, since a single rifleman will take 80% of your HP in 2 shots and the rooms are filled with dozens of them)

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Finally got to 15 gold with Dev and a shotgun build. I'm pretty much unkillable, as long as I don't get stun locked on a couple maps. If I had a couple god rolls I'd be a beast.

Hosix

All labs matter!
If they nerf, they're idiots.

Again: This isnt a live service game. There is no PVP.

They need to BUFF everything else, or nerf the damned enemies. Once emergency stance gets fixed, people are going to start quiting the game in droves if they don't rebalance the expeditions or give much more generous timers. Boomtown feels impossible to gold on TBH unless all the riflemen don't play hide and seek, and even then that is playing perfectly and super aggressive (which won't be possible once they nerf stance, since a single rifleman will take 80% of your HP in 2 shots and the rooms are filled with dozens of them)

Exactly. These guys are gonna butt fuck themselves into anthem. They could easily add expeditions to gain content. Add legendaries that only drop from certain expeditions that maybe pop once every so often.

But no. Let’s nerf the few builds that can get gold. Instead of buffing other builds/abilities.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah they need target farming and something other then legendary that you can't break down to get mods that are just a little more powerful then legendary. Needs better set bonuses or have more then a 3 piece set bonus. So much more they can do but I have zero faith in these guys. Made a really fun game but it fizzles out quick at end game.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Some Devastator CT15 Gold action. And this isn't even my final form! I need a couple pieces with better mods. Need to figure out the ammo problem.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Since you're applying bleed pretty regularly you could add in Vampiric Mag. But man... building around bullet damage on Devastator, and an auto shotty at that, you are fighting 2 uphill battles.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Watching that video was highly triggering to me. I kept yelling 'PUNCH THEM' at the screen. Archways is just made for melee Dev, never even come close to missing gold on that and used it everytime I wanted to increase my rank.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Watching that video was highly triggering to me. I kept yelling 'PUNCH THEM' at the screen. Archways is just made for melee Dev, never even come close to missing gold on that and used it everytime I wanted to increase my rank.

LOL. Can't make this up...F1 on my keyboard used to be mele. I now have a 60% keyboard in front of me, with....no function keys. I keep reaching for air!

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
So....why does this game have sniper rifles? Can you even use them in expeditions?

Cybsled

They aren’t very practical in current expeditions because they are timed events. Plus as a techno decay build, I can’t swap to it or I trigger the decay cooldown and my damage becomes shit

Vorph

There's a bunch of questions like that which don't really have an answer.

Why does the game have anything but shotguns on console when controller aiming is so bad? (And still not fixed despite their promise that it would be in the first patch.)

Why does everyone talk about Emergency Stance being broken and lasting forever but they never mention that it's also broken in that it sometimes goes on cooldown forever? It's great when it works in your favor, but you're screwed when it breaks if you don't also run Mitigation from Death 100% of the time. Fix it so it works as the tooltip says, then maybe they can finally work on getting rid of all the ridiculously OP enemy attacks that make people exploit the bug in the first place.

Why do I have to exit to lobby 4583902 times to get the only non-shit expedition (Archways) to pop while slogging through CT1-14 instead of just being able to pick from all of them at any time?

Why does downleveling exist?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
There's a bunch of questions like that which don't really have an answer.

Why does the game have anything but shotguns on console when controller aiming is so bad? (And still not fixed despite their promise that it would be in the first patch.)

Why does everyone talk about Emergency Stance being broken and lasting forever but they never mention that it's also broken in that it sometimes goes on cooldown forever? It's great when it works in your favor, but you're screwed when it breaks if you don't also run Mitigation from Death 100% of the time. Fix it so it works as the tooltip says, then maybe they can finally work on getting rid of all the ridiculously OP enemy attacks that make people exploit the bug in the first place.

Why do I have to exit to lobby 4583902 times to get the only non-shit expedition (Archways) to pop while slogging through CT1-14 instead of just being able to pick from all of them at any time?

Why does downleveling exist?

Archways is by far the fastest/easiest. Chem Plant is pretty good also. Rest are a pain.

Quick way to get Archways is to join any of the crap ones and abandon it. I usually get Archways.

Vorph

I can't even complete anything besides Archways on my Techno. Currently at CT14, failed Archways a few times trying to get this over with. Same shit every time, I get to the last room in about 6:30, then something always goes wrong... I get pinned by the one of the first two big bastards, I get one-shot by a mother because golem decided to stop working, I get killed by bug toxin even though I'm shooting shit constantly (which should heal me and instantly remove the DoT, but sometimes my hp just goes down no matter what I do), I run out of trash mobs to get ammo back and end up with Blight Rounds on cooldown, etc.

It's still way better than trying to complete ANY expedition that has human enemies in it though. Can't shoot assholes hiding in cover with gamepad AR aiming, and if I try to rush them I'm dead before I even get close. I'm starting to get the feeling that I will need to continue to reroll lobbies for Archways even after I hit CT15.

Not my gear either, gun's epic L49 with Bone Shrapnel and Killing Spree, all armor is L49 with good mods in every slot, running both Emergency Stance and Mitigation from Death, etc.

Cybsled

Scorched Land is probably the easiest gold for solo techno in my experience. For the final part you have a massive arena you can use to kite if needed and it has a very generous timer for gold (like 20 minutes).

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Several of the expeditions just seem to have overtuned timers. I can dial the difficulty back to almost nothing and still have a hard time getting gold on a few of them just due to the time it takes to chase down outliers and runners.

The difference between console and PC cannot be overstated. After playing on the Xbox for a few days I pop onto the PC version and feel like goddamn Annie Oakley picking off mofos with hip-shots at 200 paces.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Yeah, I think whoever set the timers is either retarded or just pulled random numbers out of his ass without ever having actually played the game.

Paxian Homestead is 13:16 for gold, but it just. never. fucking. ends. I thought I was on track for gold easily with the pace I was on when I killed the boss the first time (lol), but he had only disappeared while I had to handle two? more waves of shit, and then he reappears by himself and ended up killing me when Blighted Rounds ran out with no way to replenish. (Reason #18916 why Trickster is vastly better than Techno for firepower build.)

Now compare that to Archways with a ~16 minute timer and the mission itself it trivially easy to complete in 9 minutes or less. Hell even the first CT15 Boomtown I did took me around 8 minutes, and that was with a helpful champion teleporting my ass to the exit door area almost immediately (which made the clear of the first area much safer and easier).

Scorched Land is probably the easiest gold for solo techno in my experience. For the final part you have a massive arena you can use to kite if needed and it has a very generous timer for gold (like 20 minutes).
Gave this a shot, and it definitely is a ridiculously long gold time (23:35) compared to how long it actually took me (about 11 minutes IIRC) but I doubt I could get it done faster than Archways even with a lot of practice. There's just way more enemies to kill and too many stages to the expedition. I'm only farming for legendaries at this point (weapons like Deathshield, High Roller, Funeral Pyre, and Anemoi) and I don't think there's a significant drop rate of legendaries even from extra bosses compared to getting the 4x20% rolls as fast as possible. Could be wrong there though I suppose.

Hosix

All labs matter!
They should have allowed you to put that expeditions currency towards your expeditions to up the legendary drop rate?

Make it like gambling. You fail? Lose your currency. Successful? Up your legendary drops.