Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Funeral Pyre is money. I don't have Fortress so I use Shadow Comet on my Roaring Umbra for melee Dev and it feels like I'm cheating.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I am a lvl23 techno playing the story currently wt6

what is the best strategy for gearing as I level. I have a legendary AR I like and have leveled it to 25. Should I keep leveling it with me or sub out other weapons as They drop ? Is it worth it to stick to one and raise the attributes?

any advice on the best way to level and improve gear would be appreciated. I am one of those players who save crafting mats for a future date and often end up not using them.

currently just picking anything purple with firepower and close/long dmg buffs.

I use 2 mods that refill my mags on killls and keep up my decay buff 100% uptime.

is status or anomaly worth it at all? They seem lacking. Maybe I don’t understand how they interact with other abilities.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For bullet build, firepower/close range/long range is all you want to see on armor. For AR, best bet is to use a blue preorder gun converted to tactical (save-scummed to 370+ firepower if you really want to min-max it) and level it up as you go. If you don't have preorder DLC, just cycle through whatever ARs you get as drops, converting each to tactical and always keeping Bone Shrapnel on once you can craft it. I wouldn't upgrade a random drop gun since you have no idea whether it will be any good at 50. Once you get to 50, the ideal thing is a tactical AR with ~95k damage, weapon leech/long range/close range, and Killing Spree + Bone Shrapnel for mods. Odds of that occurring naturally would be like winning the lotto, so you'll have to save scum to have any hope.

As for armor, I used pretty much all blues with the correct stats and upgraded them as I went along. You're limited to only 5 mods that way except on rare occasions where you get a good epic drop, but upgrading epics isn't sustainable without a lot of grinding that is time better spent on working your CT up to 15. I completed Archways on CT14 gold with all blue armor and only had to upgrade my AR to epic because I just couldn't kill everything without Killing Spree on top of Bone Shrapnel. It was a bit frustrating due to only having 5 armor mods total, but not as frustrating as getting to 50 and needing 216000 drop pod resources to upgrade all my stuff from 49 to 50.

(You can also use the mod exploit if you really need to. If you put Toxic Lead on your armor, then swap it for something else, you keep the ammo restore effect until you die or exit to lobby. Works with Perpetuum, Brain Eater, Vamp Mag, and most other bullet mods too. But not Trick Up the Sleeve.)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Rule of thumb: if you have an epic AR and want to see what it will be firepower wise at 50, account that every level will add approximately slightly over 15% of your current level’s firepower to the firepower of the next level.

Melicant

I've now capped drop pods on my techno so many times that I no longer really have anything to use them on. I buy everything I can, pretty much cap resources, and upgrade gear for all my other classes. I haven't needed any upgrades on him since the day after I unlocked 15s, and I regularly do gold carries for 1-2 others in 15s. Meanwhile, I've spent at least twice as much time and effort on my devastator that still needs set pieces to be able to regularly gold a 14 without abusing moaning winds. I do sometimes wish the techno had more requirements for gear. I have zero reason to play the techno other than to help friends gear up...

Vorph

Rule of thumb: if you have an epic AR and want to see what it will be firepower wise at 50, account that every level will add approximately slightly over 15% of your current level’s firepower to the firepower of the next level.
Don't think it's that simple. I just tested an epic tactical AR in my stash and it was giving 10% per level up through the 30's. 10% per level isn't nearly enough to get a 375 base gun all the way up to 94.7k at L50 though, even accounting for the extra boost from blue to purple.

Vorph

Rough testing with tactical ARs suggests the actual growth pattern is:

L11-20: 12.8%
L21-30: 20.4%
L31-40: 10%
L41-50: 15.8%

Blue to purple rarity upgrade adds about 5%.

No idea if any of that applies to leveling up legendaries or other weapon types.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
LOL. They fixed emergency stance with this patch today. Everyone is now crying how they can't survive. I had to take out a damage mod to survive.

And they patching again...

Cybsled

Based on the forums, it sounds like they boosted armor values of items, but reduced the mitigation per point of armor. They also didn't retroactively change armor values, so people are literally dying to a single hit now. They also stealth nerfed killing spree - buff only lasts 10s instead of 20s now.

What a fucking clownshow lol. I'm done with this game until they pull their heads out of their asses.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
All these things have already been fixed.
Reddit is a reflection of angry nerds that logged in between the two patches.

Vorph

Based on the forums, it sounds like they boosted armor values of items, but reduced the mitigation per point of armor. They also didn't retroactively change armor values, so people are literally dying to a single hit now. They also stealth nerfed killing spree - buff only lasts 10s instead of 20s now.

What a fucking clownshow lol. I'm done with this game until they pull their heads out of their asses.
They seem to have just reverted armor back to how it was before the patch.

Fixing Emergency Stance without doing anything about the ridiculously overtuned enemies is fucking retarded. Tried Archways on my Techno without making any changes, got run out of there after 4 fails. First two were due to toxin from trash mobs in the initial area, just standing still near the exit door and killing everything that comes to me ended with me [Edit: the way I have always done the mission, and pre-patch I would rarely even proc my first Golem, let alone even come close to dying] being completely unable to regen life faster than their toxin dealt damage (which still makes no fucking sense, as the game reminds you every other loading tip that healing is supposed to remove toxin immediately). Then I got to the pillar for the next two attempts and both times I was instakilled by several mobs jumping in on me at once as the wave spawned.

That was with a full stack of Mitigation from Death each time. And I still had Emergency Stance equipped, but post-nerf it doesn't seem like it is working at all.

Another stealth "fix", I noticed after dying and abandoning the expedition and going out to lobby and back, the preorder AR didn't respawn in my inbox. So no more quick preorder guns, you'd have to make new characters and run them to the town each time now. I'd say I'm glad I got a second high roll one yesterday, but I really don't give a shit about the game at all anymore.

All these things have already been fixed.
Reddit is a reflection of angry nerds that logged in between the two patches.
I logged in after the second patch, the only thing it did as far as I can tell is fix the armor bug. What else are you referring to?

Last edited:

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Killing Spree, DBNO timer were on the list too.
Although I agree that not nerfing enemy damage output alongside the E Stance fix is fucking dumb, as stated previously.

Also - and this is another reason why Healing Received is a stupid stat - weapon leech / skill leech don't count as "Healing", though I've never checked to see if it clears toxin for me.

Vorph

Killing Spree, DBNO timer were on the list too.
Although I agree that not nerfing enemy damage output alongside the E Stance fix is fucking dumb, as stated previously.
Ah, I doubt I would even notice if Killing Spree was 10 seconds instead of 20, but I guess it's good they leave it alone for pillars which have stupidly long delays between waves sometimes.

Have you noticed Emergency Stance working at all? I was watching for both the Golem effect and the buff icon, never saw either.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Usually I didn’t see it even before the fix, usually I just heard the sound effect change when you take damage

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
So rumor has it monster melee attacks are anomaly damage? Anyone test it yet?
If so, that'd suck for trying to use MfD as a stand-in for Golem fix.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ya. I can't survive the last phase of Archway on CT15 at all as a Devastator unless I go full defense. Then I barely beat the silver timer. Sucks ass.

Guess I'm done until they get their shit straight.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I have not played this in a while, but god damn, again, what a stupid decision to nerf shit in a mostly solo, non-competitive PvE game that does not even have ladders. Sure broken perk, ok I get it, so you fix it and 80% of people cannot do shit they were doing before. Thats gonna make them stick around, sure.

Dumb

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Apparently they're just retarded over at PCF and managed to break pretty much every form of damage mitigation in the patch. Last I saw there was yet another maintenance update, but people are still saying everything is broken. Not even going to bother trying anymore until someone confirms heads have been removed from asses when I've got NieR and Judgment to play instead.

So rumor has it monster melee attacks are anomaly damage? Anyone test it yet?
If so, that'd suck for trying to use MfD as a stand-in for Golem fix.
I've seen that claim several times this morning, but nothing concrete to back it up. Considering PCF has admitted over on twatter that they broke damage mitigation, I think it's just a wild-speculation rumor.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

chuckle.gif

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I have a mix of 49 and 50 gear with carefully chosen stats and I just barely managed to survive a 13 Archways... The Strix in particular are way the fuck too dangerous and are far more of a challenge than any boss or elite.