Overlord (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
2.20 star(s) Rating: 2.20/5 5 Votes
Title: Overlord (2018)

Genre: Action, Horror, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Julius Avery

Cast: Pilou Asbæk, Jacob Anderson, Wyatt Russell, Bokeem Woodbine, John Magaro, Iain De Caestecker, Jovan Adepo, Michael Epp, Marc Rissmann, Dominic Applewhite, Éva Magyar, Andy Wareham, Mathilde Ollivier

Release: 2018-10-25

Plot: On the eve of D-Day, a group of American paratroopers is dropped behind enemy lines to carry out a mission crucial to the invasion’s success. But as they approach their target, they begin to realize there is more going on in this Nazi-occupied village than a simple military operation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I mean, I guess Zombie Nazis will always be in style..rumor is this is tied to Cloverfield in some weird way. JJ Abrams producing.

For reference:

gfxPTyeG9HescyS3EAcMM0VxNg6.jpg
AsdfMWxHYQbUiBLHYhxsMI3TZME.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
"Inspired by a late night playing call of duties zombie mode"

i was disappointed that the black guy walked towards all the weird sounds behind a wall, usually in a scary movie he is the guy who will make the most sense and say "RUN BITCHES RUN"

at least its better than battlefield 5

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I mean, I guess Zombie Nazis will always be in style..rumor is this is tied to Cloverfield in some weird way. JJ Abrams producing.
Its my understanding that this is not tied to the Cloverfield "universe", but rumor has been that it was since it was announced. Bad Robot are currently working on the next Cloververse movie, though.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Its my understanding that this is not tied to the Cloverfield "universe", but rumor has been that it was since it was announced. Bad Robot are currently working on the next Cloververse movie, though.

Yea I heard that as well. The similarity between the The Cloverfield Paradox image and Overlord jumped out at me though.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is this nazi zombie movie historically accurate? Were there black american soldiers serving 1 off in a standard infantry platoon? I thought they had segregation in WWII?

comicbookguy.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Is this nazi zombie movie historically accurate? Were there black american soldiers serving 1 off in a standard infantry platoon? I thought they had segregation in WWII?

comicbookguy.gif

Clearly you send the diversity hire on a suicide mission to investigate what the Nazis may be up to in their secret lab.

i'll allow it.

• 2Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

At this point isn't the "Cloververse" just (mostly) mediocre movies that Bad Robot buys, slightly rebrands, and sells?

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So this is out :p I only came across it because I was listening to a morning radio show and they talked about it. Then I watched the trailer and wondered if the EA devs on BF5 got a copy of the script before movie production.

Any good?

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
There is no reason to see this in theater versus at home in a few months.

I liked it, but it is definitely wouldn't be considered good by most people.

Airplane scene at beginning is awesome.

I honestly feel like a lot of the plot is a ripoff of 30 Days of Night or something close to that being mimicked.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Hmm was supposed to see this tomorrow, I guess I'll wait for home cinema instead.

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Thanks Monster Hunter. You were a true movie hunter and took one for the team. Back I go to Netflix's Maniac. (Really good)

• 1Like

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Man I am trying to think of a reason to tell you to see it, but I can't. I LOVE jj abrams i kove cloverfield lost etc all his stuff, this wasn't well done in a lot of areas.

Euron Greyjoy as the villain was good, the cast minus Kurt Russells son kinda really sucked.

The opening scene I really liked and the buff dave chappelle clone general from "the big hit" was his usual awesome self.

The explanation needed to be deeper and for fuck sake the more I type this the more I can literally see where they were gonna cloverfield it up and backed off.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database