Overwatch 2

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hahaaha maybe it was. I am going to start streaming my games just to have stuff recorded so hopefully I can catch it.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Here's one of them

I don't speak Australian, but I think the verse is a lament for the relativity of time for the common labourer.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This thing is a fucking train wreck lol

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This thing is a fucking train wreck lol
From what I'm watching it's just more Blizzard lazy, low-effort, cash-grab junk. Par the course with these bums. New WOW xpac looks the same. It's all so boring and stale

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Gotta elaborate there man. Seems more of the same from all I read. Not a pure train wreck.

Well, train wreck in the fashion of typical low effort garbage from Blizzard it seems even worse than their sub-par garbage. Overwatch should have been a free to play game anyway with what it launched with - the travesty was somehow that piece of garbage launching at $39.99.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Might be playing this along with the new Arclight game on my pho.... Ahahaha wew

Naw, when's Elon Musk buying this one and getting it back on track

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Wtb real successor to Team Fortress Classic

There was a great remake it to it in 2007. If memory serves I actually ran a server for it briefly. It is of course dead now and probably looks a little outdated. I haven’t played it in ten years probably. It coincided closely with the release of TF2 which kinda killed it.

Quake TF and HL1 Team Fortress were some fun times in late 90s / early 2000s gaming. So many great custom maps.

• 3Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Quake TF and HL1 Team Fortress were some fun times in late 90s / early 2000s gaming. So many great custom maps.
God that was such a fun game. Some awful fun trolling/griefing to be had in it. Would go Soldier on push maps would get the flag stuck in unreachable locations with rocket jumps.

Seeing the direction they took TF2 was, a very big let down.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

There was a great remake it to it in 2007. If memory serves I actually ran a server for it briefly. It is of course dead now and probably looks a little outdated. I haven’t played it in ten years probably. It coincided closely with the release of TF2 which kinda killed it.

Weapons Factory Arena for Quake 3 was actually godly too.

Sorry if I'm shitting on the adult children gaming thread, I'll go back to Pantheon tinfoiling. Thought I'd stop in given the announcements and hope for a better future.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
God that was such a fun game. Some awful fun trolling/griefing to be had in it. Would go Soldier on push maps would get the flag stuck in unreachable locations with rocket jumps.

Seeing the direction they took TF2 was, a very big let down.
Yeah there’s just a lot of dynamic things / acrobatics to be done in the originals you couldn’t do in a TF2. With conc jumping et al.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Feel like I was never able to play TF to its full potential due to connection speeds being terrible at the time. I still loved the concept and classes and just struggle bussed my way thru the lag.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
First match was good but the stream kept cutting out. Not sure what their problem was but they seem to have fixed it.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm having fun so far with the beta. The good outweighs the bad for me. A lot of annoyances are gone. One of them is changing Bastion so his turret mode is on a cooldown. He isn't cancer anymore. 2CP is gone and I will never have to see those maps again at least until the beta ends. Push is such a superior mode it isn't even funny. Mei isn't that fun to play anymore. I feel she isn't as good. They made Sombra really fun to play, and less toxic to play against so I've been playing her more.

I'm not too keen on them removing one tank when the obvious decision was to just limit the tank team to one shield tank per team. It works for now, but heroes like Roadhog are pretty worthless unless you get an ungodly high hook rate percentage. Anything lower than like 70% and you are just throwing.

I've lost all interest in playing support. Flankers can bend your over uncontested unless you have a get out of jail card like Mercy and Moira have. I just don't care to play those heroes a ton on top of it.

I find it funny the only shield tank to lose their shield is Orisa. Sigma should have his removed too. He's the entire reason the double shield cancer started since he can place his shield literally anywhere he wants.

I don't care for any of the passives they added. The healer passive is just dumb. They do not need the self heal especially since there are less people to heal now. DPS doesn't need a movement speed buff.

Edit: They also fucked up the sensitivity conversion from OW1 to OW2. Use this formula: OW1 Sensitivity * 0.99 = OW2 Sensitivity

I don't have the greatest aim, but it did feel off. I made this change last night, and it felt better.

Last edited:

Cybsled

The healer self heal is fine because a decent amount of healers lack decent self-healing option. Without a 2nd tank, healers have to devote more time to healing the squad or putting themselves in danger to keep the tank up

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'm not too keen on them removing one tank when the obvious decision was to just limit the tank team to one shield tank per team. It works for now, but heroes like Roadhog are pretty worthless unless you get an ungodly high hook rate percentage. Anything lower than like 70% and you are just throwing.

I've lost all interest in playing support. Flankers can't bend your over uncontested unless you have a get out of jail card like Mercy and Moira have. I just don't care to play those heroes a ton on top of it.

I figure it might have been a nightmare from a dev/gamedesign standpoint to essentially create another groupset inside of a groupset and for simplicities sake for both spectator and player, the 5v5 format seems the healthier option.. I've ran into some nasty roadhogs, and honestly.. I thought Hook Accuracy was everything even prior to all of this.. outside of barrier breaking. The new Roadhog changes seem pretty grand too.

Its been interesting at least for me to see the ebb and flow of the game more or less be dictated by who your tank actually is; whether or not that'll stagnant given the nature of hero based gameplay.. From my limited experience the team composition actually seems to be a bit more fluid with the type of tank that you have.. but i'm speaking as a Hanzo 1trick.. prior with dual tanks, I was pretty much able to always have -something- that benefitted me and do more or less me; making 1tricking quite freeing.. now it almost feels as if depending on what that one tank can do, fundamentally changes everything.

It's also been a bit more of a struggle to solo a single tank as a dps, so that also changes some dynamics.

As far as supp, I don't play, but two of my friends are supp/flex mains.. and they've been having a blast because of the freedom of 1tank and their passive.. they're able to juggle dps and heals a little more consistently.. well one of em, the other is a mercy 1trick and just enjoys flying around dodging everything, no technical feat but i'm sure the boosted passive has helped them.

Personally, I'm happy S76 got nerfed so quickly.. that was probably my only complaint over the last few days. But honestly, it's just overwatch with adjustments which.. I don't find bad.. overwatch has always been pretty fun.. it is just cool to see some mechanical tech evolve on the game. I hadn't played played in fucking foreverrr, and just last night I learned Storm Arrows can bounce lol.

Edit; with the mei changes.. I kinda wish they went the Symm route and just made her a small frame tank rather than keeping her dps.

Last edited:
  • 1Like