Overwatch

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Turrets are pretty easy to take care of, but they're also easy to get back up. However with 6 of them it's a fucking mess, lol.

I played a lot of Torb in the first stress test months ago and he just felt awful, right now he feels like he's in a super good spot. He has enough health to survive a few rockets, enough damage to 1v1 anybody without his turret, and the giving armor to your teamates is extremely useful and I'd even say overpowered if your team is getting a lot of kills.

I think Torb and Bastion are both in good spots, but I can see how in random pub games with a team that doesn't communicate or anything could see how they're OP. S67 or even Zarya's big plasma balls shred both of them so easily. Bastion feels extremely situational, but also I feel like a lot of people that were playing Bastion were completely ignoring his regular rifle as well, he can dish out some damage with that thing but everyone seems to try to go back into turret mode lol
I would agree I was playing him some this weekend and even without his turret at all he seemed pretty damn fun. His normal "gun" think is actually really solid both at range and up close and his armor drop thing is very helpful for people. Add a turret onto that and he seems to be in a good spot. This is a new game though and like any turret dropping class initially people don't know where the best spots for these things are and don't know the counter routes yet.

khorum

Murder Apologist
So I kinda got hooked into this game during the stress test weekend and I find myself fiending for it. Does the presale give me access to the closed beta right now?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Got me a taco bell cup with an Overwatch code on it, texted it to the number not even a response if I was a winner or loser, gg Taco Bell.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Good video, I can't imagine what it's like to work on something for a decade only to see it crash and burn.
Ask basically any developer. I've worked on projects that crashed and burned. Its an embarrassing and dejecting feeling. I guess not a decade but its not like Titan was in active development for 10 years.

xzi

Mouthbreather
That video was great, I really look forward to the other 2 parts. Also nice to see them actually talk about Titan even if they didn't reveal much, I'm forever fascinated by games or content that didn't get released to the public.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ask basically any developer. I've worked on projects that crashed and burned. Its an embarrassing and dejecting feeling. I guess not a decade but its not like Titan was in active development for 10 years.
It's ironic too (yet understandable) that those who worked on cancelled titles feel dejected as you say, yet it's often the case that those who follow developers closely often gain more respect for the dev when they decide to suck it up and admit their project wasn't as good as they'd have hoped and ultimately cancel. As much as I looked forward to Titan, I admired the fact that they decided to move on instead of trying to push out a title in hopes of regaining development costs.

That was a great video btw.

Ryoz

<Donor>
I haven't watched it, but it mean I think they're exaggerating with the being in development 10 years thing. So they were working on another mmo while wow was being released or just released? I suppose it makes sense, underestimaing how massively successful wow would be. Just the arrogance though of thinking you could make a big and better wow.

Cybsled

Something being in "development" isn't the same as someone actually sitting down and coding the thing. Discussions, outlines, and idea drafts can all count as development, so I do buy that. WoW comes out and they start brainstorming what could be the next WoW, but different enough so that they do not cannibalize the current WoW audience.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'll be honest those videos are just making me want to play Quake to tide me over. Or maybe the new UT, lol. Team-based FPS has always been my thing and I can definitely feel that they went for that kind of gameplay from the stress tests I was in. Game is fun as shit, I just hope it's long lasting.

Although Tigole talks a whole lot about modding in other games it makes me curious why they've said they're not going to be doing modding in OW. Maybe I can still hold my hopes for at least a map maker but I doubt it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Because Blizzard is shit like every other modern studio? You would think the retards who let DOTA slip through their fingers would learn a thing or two.

Cybsled

The only reason I really played WC3 was Dota...the core RTS had long since become stale. I'm not sure if Blizzard would have ever really developed it since it wasn't home grown and they were doubling down on RTS as E-Sports king. I mean, it took LoL and DOTA2 to eventually get them to commit to HOTS.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
The only reason I really played WC3 was Dota...the core RTS had long since become stale. I'm not sure if Blizzard would have ever really developed it since it wasn't home grown and they were doubling down on RTS as E-Sports king. I mean, it took LoL and DOTA2 to eventually get them to commit to HOTS.
Same. I bought WC3 to specifically play DOTA as well. Didnt give a damn about the singleplayer or really the any of the other multiplayer.

Column_sl

shitlord
Biggest problem with Blizz right now is they make a wonderful looking product with very weak game design.

Their art department is bar none some of the best in the Industry still, but their game design is so dumbed down it just does not match the type of quality you are seeing on the screen.

They are not the only ones tho, Bungie has this same problem.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Blizzard has had problems close to a decade now, problem is people wont stop swinging from their nuts acting like their games cure cancer when theyre average at best.