Overwatch

xzi

Mouthbreather
The art team on WoW is phenomenal right now, not really something I want to play - I agree with that.

Overwatch feels really solid though as a game, I don't think it's going to be the e-sport game they want it to be but it's good. How they managed to make the movement and feel of 21 characters feel natural in relation to past games is pretty impressive by me.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The art team on WoW is phenomenal right now, not really something I want to play - I agree with that.

Overwatch feels really solid though as a game, I don't think it's going to be the e-sport game they want it to be but it's good. How they managed to make the movement and feel of 21 characters feel natural in relation to past games is pretty impressive by me.
The problem is there's nothing TO this game.

No character progression (that actually changes gameplay), no weapons mods/choices or skill choices, only arena style 6v6 maps, no single player or in-game story development, no MP campaigns/territory control.

It's fun to play until you want things to not be exactly the same every game. I would play it if it was F2P because it's a decent shooter with a few fatal flaws (largely how I feel about HotS and Hearthstone) but meh.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So you mean like quake and doom and rtcw and countless other fantastic FPS that people still play because they are fun? Good point!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So you mean like quake and doom and rtcw and countless other fantastic FPS that people still play because they are fun? Good point!
Except it doesn't really have the depth of matches in TFC (you really can't with fixed 6v6 imo), the gunplay of CS 1.6/quake/UT2k4, etc.

I love some good shooters with precision gameplay that don't really have a lot going on besides a bunch of maps and good gunplay. This isn't it when you have huge ass dragons flying through walls, autolock turrets, teleporting ticklemonsters, etc.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
almost got this but I remembered I put down TF2 after a few hours permanently cuz I don't like cartoony shooters

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Except it doesn't really have the depth of matches in TFC (you really can't with fixed 6v6 imo), the gunplay of CS 1.6/quake/UT2k4, etc.

I love some good shooters with precision gameplay that don't really have a lot going on besides a bunch of maps and good gunplay. This isn't it when you have huge ass dragons flying through walls, autolock turrets, teleporting ticklemonsters, etc.
To each their own but as you know progression really doesn't matter in a FPS if it's fun. Now if you don't find this game fun that is different and I do understand your points.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The problem is there's nothing TO this game.

No character progression (that actually changes gameplay), no weapons mods/choices or skill choices, only arena style 6v6 maps, no single player or in-game story development, no MP campaigns/territory control.

It's fun to play until you want things to not be exactly the same every game. I would play it if it was F2P because it's a decent shooter with a few fatal flaws (largely how I feel about HotS and Hearthstone) but meh.
Should check out Battleborn if that's really what you're looking for, might be right up your alley.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Well I'm not sure it is. I'm more saying if OW was a full blown moba with items/upgrades/skill slots then maybe I wouldn't be so ambivalent about it. My problem with OW as it is right now is pretty specific, the gun feedback is awful and the gunplay is generally pretty loose. I know it's to make it fun for retards and mothers playing it on Wii-U or whatever, but it just doesn't feel good.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Seriously? TF2 was great.
yeah and I was a huge huge huge fan of TFC (I mean, my god the demo man and sniper dot... the well)

just the cartoony stuff doesn't work for me in shooters and probably causes me to miss out on great game play

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'd argue that progression ruins FPS. You shouldn't have to unlock guns and shit. Everyone should be on an even playing field, may the better player win. Fuck the BF type shit where you have to unlock your win condition by playing a billion hours first, that shit can go rot in hell.

Column_sl

shitlord
My issue is the game feels like a fucking Disney game with all the auto supers, aim assist bullshit.

Looks pretty, but isn't deep at all.

I tried to watch todays Pax tournament ,but was bored within 20 mins.

All these game companies that don't make fighting games are so afraid that casuals can't compete that they put in bullshit systems to compensate. Guess what? Casuals can't compete thats why they are casuals.

It feels like 20 years since the big game companies have made games that they would want to play, and that are good. They make games that can be adsorbed by the largest amount of casuals with a pretty wrapper on top.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The whole one character with aim assist, yeah I'd agree.

What deepness do you want from an FPS? I will say though actually playing the game vs watching the game is totally separate. The game for me is fun as shit probably because I'm actually good, but watching it feels somehow chaotic and boring at the same time.

Column_sl

shitlord
The game for me is fun as shit probably because I'm actually good, but watching it feels somehow chaotic and boring at the same time.
If you actually are good then the game would be insanely boring right now. There's not enough good set teams yet for you to be constantly matched with them, so what you are really saying is you like the fact that you can pug stomp plebs because you probly aren't as great as you think you are.

And calling this a pure FPS when there is only an objective/class based game type has me rollin. O but it's TF style right? give me a break lmao

you might be right Big Phoenix, the Blizz fanboys will just gobble on that cock all day.