Overwatch

xzi

Mouthbreather
IGN posted this video yesterday, the team talking about the lore and universe in general.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
IGN posted this video yesterday, the team talking about the lore and universe in general.
Who cares? None of it is in the game.

This is like the bullshit "Don't judge the movie you have to read the prequel comic book series!"

Cybsled

Well to be fair, we don't have the full game. That video had a lot of cutscenes/etc that aren't in the beta.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
As long as this games tick rate stays at BF3 dumpster level I won't find much enjoyment out of dying behind walls or watching projectiles pass through targets. 60 should be a minimum with 100 being the goal.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
As long as this games tick rate stays at BF3 dumpster level I won't find much enjoyment out of dying behind walls or watching projectiles pass through targets. 60 should be a minimum with 100 being the goal.
Oh look another person who read about "tick rates" on the internet and is coming in with his expert level forum post knowledge

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
OW is so different than typical FPS. I actually believe it'll do very well and could be very competitive. It's so very different than other FPS games. Nobody cries about tick rates in the MOBA space and OW heroes and team comps play out very similarly to MOBAs. The game is more about ability management and usage rather than about sharp-shooting. Teams need to focus on coordinating abilities and using them at the right moments.

The last patch solved most of the behind-the-wall kills I was experiencing. It's a fun game and seems to have solved my LoL addiction.

Tenks

The "tick rate" people bitch about is simple lag compensation which can go up to 200ms. The "tick rate" crowd are simply people who either don't understand this or are unwilling to accept that for an online-only game lag compensation is required. The best way to solve the "tick rate" complainers is to simply match people up with similar (low) pings so everything feels natural. This will probably be more easily solved with a larger player base since they can now fine-grain match make people with ping to server as a highly weighted attribute. The only thing that feels off is Roadhog's hook because it's mechanics are a bit wonky. It has travel time but it also is hitscan. So it feels once he throws out the hook the game has already determined if it will land or not but the actual grabbing & pulling happens a bit later. So that one is very easy to get hooked behind walls due to the mechanics -- which possibly should be changed. Its not like Roadhog is OP or anything so its probably better his hook is hitscan to make it more reliable.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
OW is so different than typical FPS. I actually believe it'll do very well and could be very competitive. It's so very different than other FPS games. Nobody cries about tick rates in the MOBA space and OW heroes and team comps play out very similarly to MOBAs. The game is more about ability management and usage rather than about sharp-shooting. Teams need to focus on coordinating abilities and using them at the right moments.

The last patch solved most of the behind-the-wall kills I was experiencing. It's a fun game and seems to have solved my LoL addiction.
Same... first game to really become my new addiction to fit into my busy life schedule since LoL.

Tenks

Yeah I'm really missing playing a couple of games of this a day. Even if it isn't the most uber competitive game on the planet it is just plain fun to play.

Tenks

The tick rate change in BF4 was extremely noticeable when they upped it. It's not all whiny bullshit.
OW and Battlefield don't use the same netcode. And you can already play customs @ 60hz client in OW. It feels a bit more fluid but it isn't some wild difference from the 20hz client refresh by default.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didn't notice any jankyness on the stress test weekend with my like 8-15 ping. All the bullets were going where I expected them to (that is to say, missing, because I hardly play FPS anymore :l)

Tenks

I didn't notice any jankyness on the stress test weekend with my like 8-15 ping. All the bullets were going where I expected them to (that is to say, missing, because I hardly play FPS anymore :l)
The biggest problem comes if you're playing someone like Tracer versus people with 200 ping. You can sometimes blink but the server will rewind you to where you blinked from as your death location because your opponent didn't see you blink yet.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Tickrate and lag compensation was an issue in early closed beta, even somewhat on the first stress test but the last test felt 100% fine. Even playing one night at 140 ping constantly it felt as smooth as it could be.

Comparing OW to BF4 when they're completely separate companies/servers, player sizes, and netcodes is sort of pointless. Although I do get your concern, the concern isn't really there anymore as it's been fixed as far as the last stress test goes.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Just got the early access beta keys. Might have one to throw up since my "friends" are playing Division.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So apparently even if you buy through Blizzard you still have to enter a key? Ghetto.

rrr_img_132184.jpg

Tenks

I'm guessing the laziness of you being forced to enter a key is to make sure you see you get a friend key as well. Either way was a bit unexpected but it took all of 10 seconds.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
If my friends didn't buy OW already they probably don't deserve it.

Though I'm sure friend keys are more for Blizzard. Getting more people to play and all.

Edit: Though I guess since today is the last day to pre-order to get into the beta, people won't have to do that now because of all the friend keys.