Overwatch

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Using only the Quick Play in this game is fucking PAINFUL.
Yeah, two newb PC owners and myself got fucking wrecked for 10 matches in a row last night, it wasn't even close. So many idiots have no idea how to defend a point.

It was also really hard going from PS2 to this back to back, its so fucking fast in comparison.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The Payload maps seems often that my teams have no idea how to move the payload. Or they get to the end and then die because the final push does requiresomefinesse. As the enemy can spawn right next to it and defend well if you don't push intelligently.

I've been getting around this by playing Hanzo when we get to the end of the map and ulting the enemy team. Surprisingly easy to gib the entire team when they are defending in that position. As they usually rally behind Reinhardt or something. Sound arrow, wait for opportunity... make you move.

That being said. Killing the entire team with the dragon ult is EXTREMELY satisfying. So I pre-ordered finally.

Can I add some of you to my B.Net? Mine is TJT#1179. I'd like to play competently as the game comes out. PC of course.

Hekotat

Added you my Ninja, as well as some other suggested friends whose names matched forum handles.

Hekotat#1460

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Have posted in Hearthstone thread but here's mine for the OW bros:

Ravishing#1226

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, two newb PC owners and myself got fucking wrecked for 10 matches in a row last night, it wasn't even close. So many idiots have no idea how to defend a point.
You are telling me after capturing a point you aren't supposed to run around like crickets-on-crack chasing the enemy around corners?

Mind. Blown.

Hekotat

You are telling me after capturing a point you aren't supposed to run around like crickets-on-crack chasing the enemy around corners?

Mind. Blown.
haha, yea. I was the only one defending the point, the game ended may 1 min after it started, they just capped them back to back and it was over. The best part was at then end when you spawn right on top of the damn last cap point they all deployed Bastions OUTSIDE THE DAMN CAP POINT so we still lost.

/frustrated.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Honestly in closed beta even with level 100+ people there wasn't much objective coordination in QM. Mainly because it doesn't matter. Win or lose who cares. Once I got into comp people started to give a bit more a shit about team compositions and actually attacking the objective instead of treating the game as a glorified death match.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Competitive is 100x more fun and the matches were much more tooth-and-nail and objective-based. So many games where "Overtime" would linger for what felt like hours. Tense!

QP is just casual funsies stuff.

I'm very disappointed Competitive won't be available on release, but I also didn't like the "Hearthstone" setup.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Wait, why won't Competitive/Ladder be available on release? How will you organize with friends and such?

Also can we get Amod to have a Battle.Net tag sticky thread? Would really save time.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wait, why won't Competitive/Ladder be available on release? How will you organize with friends and such?

Also can we get Amod to have a Battle.Net tag sticky thread? Would really save time.
They are reworking it from player feedback. It is supposed to be in shortly after launch. Before you had to be Level 25 to use it.

Tenks

I'm very disappointed Competitive won't be available on release, but I also didn't like the "Hearthstone" setup.
I must have missed where they cut it from release. Kind of silly to just remove it but I guess if it'll be in within a few weeks from release (maybe?) I have to grind up to the appropriate level anyways.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You spend 1/4 to 1/3 of your time in this game waiting to play between loading a new map, the 30 seconds to pick a hero, the 60 seconds for the match to begin and finally the 60 seconds end of match recap.

Also guns don't have recoil?

Hekotat

Yeah, I kept having an issue where between maps it would DC me from the server. For some reason my ping would go up to 5k and as soon as teh match would start it would kick me.

Tenks

From my experience in closed the random disconnects generally occur when they're doing hardware testing. I assume during this time of stressing the servers they're tweaking the hardware which causes the DC.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
if there's a Spronk on these boards, I declined friend request by accident
biggrin.png

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Having way more fun with this than I thought, almost enough to justify picking it up, but not quite sure yet.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
The game is still fun, they still haven't touched D.Va which makes me sad. The only gun that has noticeable recoil is Roadhog's Whole Hog and McCree's Fan the Hammer.

Nidhogg#1588 if you want to play - I'm a vet?