Overwatch

spronk

FPS noob
if there's a Spronk on these boards, I declined friend request by accident
biggrin.png
frown.png

what do you guys do when your QP team has no healer? Suck it up and play a healer? I feel like I really suck with Lucio and the monk dude, like I die so easy

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
frown.png

what do you guys do when your QP team has no healer? Suck it up and play a healer? I feel like I really suck with Lucio and the monk dude, like I die so easy
I highly discourage trying to solo support as Zenyatta. He doesn't have the peel ability of a Mercy or Lucio so if the enemy team wants you dead you're dead. He's very easy to spend an endless cycle of respawning because he is too squishy and lacks any mobility.

-edit-

That almost sounded balance whiney. He isn't imbalanced one way or another. I think he's in a great spot. But he doesn't have the tools to solo support. He is best paired with a Mercy or Lucio. Unfortuantely people see a "support" tag in QM and figure "durr support is taken care of" and will force you to solo support.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
frown.png

Learn Lucio to be honest, he is a huge game changer and you don't actually need to "heal" just stay alive near your team and do your thing. Healing is passive.
Alternatively learn Mercy, she is a gigantic game changer with her ult.
The other "healers" don't exist. Symmetra is lumped into the category for god knows why, she is more Defense than anything, and Zenyatta was nerfed into the ground, then stepped on a few times to push him into the dirt.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah, ok, or maybe have the enemy just continue one shotting you because they got good.

Fuck off retard, he's bad and the competitive stats bear it out.

Tenks

His competitive stats are screwed up because Tracer is arguably too powerful and he wilts horribly to flanking pressure and Widows (also probably OP) can eat him alive. But you can pubstar with Zenyatta all day if you're accurate with his orbs since they lack any falloff and discorded headshots do absurd damage.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Zenyatta is ridiculous. He's squishy because his heal is Mercy's heal with fire-and-forget, his fucking right click can almost one shot tanks, his discord nullifies 1/2 people's hp, and his left click is mccrees gun. Are you serious?

NOT EVEN TO MENTION HIS FUCKING ULT MAKES EVERYONE INVINCIBLE FOR LIKE 5 FUCKING SECONDS.

His 150hp is well deserved. Find a Reinhardt, hide behind him, kill everyone else.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
Git good with his headshots and report back
There's much better characters to play if you want to kill people.

My problem is that they didn't do anything to compensate for the heavy handed sledgehammer nerfs he got.

I really don't think him getting 200 hp would be unreasonable.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
You guys can rave about Zen all you want in your make believe 1v1 100% accuracy discord orb wet dreams. The reality is he pokes his head around and it gets shot right off by Widows, or he gets flanked, or rushed, or <insert manhandling class> because he's made of paper and has no mobility or escapes other than relying on his teammates.
All these jizz-worthy scenarios you are coming up with where Zen can excel pales next to the reality of the game where 95% of the time he's in an exposed position or constantly running for his life. If you want to do crazy no scope headshots with a non hitscan hero then play Genji. If you want to kill tanks play Reaper. If you want to heal, play Lucio or Mercy.

Zen was designed to be the DPS healer, and he was way, way too good at his job in closed beta. He hasn't been tuned to fit back into the meta yet. In fact a large number of glaring issues with Tanks and ult-meter charging from them were left unresolved. Every balance patch for the last 2 months of closed beta were focused on supports and DPS classes.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I like Zen but yeah I die by widows and tracers all the time when I play him.
Tracer should be killable 1vs1, Widows suck and generally I don't play Zen if they have a semi competent widow. Tracer if you orb her then headshot+kick, I think she dies, not too sure about values, but you can more or less kill her faster than she can unload one clip, and if she doesn't track well she won't even kill you. Obviously, that requires you headshotting her, if you don't you're probably gonna die, but you can actually do something, Widow on the other hand is... meh.

Zen's great on certain maps, but you need to play like a sniper(well not as far but still far), you can't be sitting on an objective or you'll just die. Makes it awkward when you have to ult though, unless it's a coordinated push. Then again I guess I haven't played since they nerfed his orbs, so maybe he's not so great anymore. Being able to orb Genji or Tracer to track their movement when they tried to flank was a pretty big part of his defenses, that's generally how I won the 1vs1s because I knew they were coming and would headshot them as soon as they turned a corner, but guess that doesn't work so good anymore.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Zenyatta is ridiculous. He's squishy because his heal is Mercy's heal with fire-and-forget, his fucking right click can almost one shot tanks, his discord nullifies 1/2 people's hp, and his left click is mccrees gun. Are you serious?

NOT EVEN TO MENTION HIS FUCKING ULT MAKES EVERYONE INVINCIBLE FOR LIKE 5 FUCKING SECONDS.

His 150hp is well deserved. Find a Reinhardt, hide behind him, kill everyone else.
Man I play Road Hog a lot and I love playing against Zen. Hook, single blast, poof dead support. Mercy isn't that hard either, takes a second shotgun shot but Lucio is a giant pain in the ass to play against as Road Hog.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I like widow, but giving a sniper such mobility tools is kind of crazy. A good widow can really turn the tide of most games even in my limited experience.

Tenks

Man I play Road Hog a lot and I love playing against Zen. Hook, single blast, poof dead support. Mercy isn't that hard either, takes a second shotgun shot but Lucio is a giant pain in the ass to play against as Road Hog.
That is because Zen and Mercy are both positional based heroes. Until people play them appropriately they'll feel very vulnerable to frags like that. Mercy is a bit more forgiving since you can Shift to targets to escape hairy situations. Zen you are just stuck taking it. Realistically Zen should rarely be exposed in such a fashion that he engages in 1v1 since he shouldn't be "doing his own thing" but sometimes a good Tracer can just jump in, kill you and recall out due to his low HP pool. Lucio himself can peel fantastically. If his E is up he can just run away. He can bop people with his RMB as well.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Man I have to give it to Blizzard, the game is pretty fun even in pubs, although I have been winning almost all my games for some reason. I guess this is the LoL gen's first FPS. Soldier 76 is nice in pubs, you get your own heal and the rockets help with sniping turrets, for some reason all the "Plays of the game" have been awarded to Bastion's stupid little tank... Even when I gun down like 5 people with the visor.

I might end up buying it, it fills the exactly same niche that TF2 used to fit in, but no third party servers and 6v6 only is kind of a bummer. I'll see what the post-launch plans are.

Tenks

I like widow, but giving a sniper such mobility tools is kind of crazy. A good widow can really turn the tide of most games even in my limited experience.
I'd like it if they moved some of Widow's damage to a crit multi. Make it so her headshot does the same damage but adjust it so she does like 300% headshot damage so you can lower her body shot damage. Right now you can just spam charged shots with Widow and get a ton of damage and frag despite not actually being a good sniper. Its a bit silly the best way to counter a Widowmaker is to just play Widowmaker better.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I heard Seagull talking about the only way to truly mitigate snipers in a game being Winston and he finds it annoying. I'll have to agree that the TF2 Sniper is far more punishing (balanced) in this way. He has some defensive tools but not a hookshot out of harms way.

Tenks

Yes double Winston is the meta answer to Widowmaker. Though its a really sad state when the only real answer is the monkey simply because his leap is on a better cooldown than hook. Even then it isn't that uncommon for a Widow to just try and take down a few people knwoing the Winston leap will kill her.