Overwatch

Xevy

Log Wizard
Bastion is a pug eater. Widow/Symmetra/Pharah/McCree/Genji are all solid counters to him. Even a competent/sneaky Reaper or 76. But pugs with no coordination get absolutely raped. That's why I play Brawl so when Bastion dies, he's gone. Sometimes they get 2-3 bastions from RNG and then it gets rough, but besides that it's a lot nicer to not have to deal with him 100% of the match. Honestly he needs to have about 200hp or a smaller magazine clip for balance purposes. Widow should be able to 100% and then quickshot him dead immediately.

One game we had me Reinhardt shielding a Bastion and Torb on Anubis defense. Let's just say, they were not very pleased. I think one Tracer ever made it to the point.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Played a bunch with friends yesterday evening. Matchmaking is OK with more people but not great. Mei and Roadhog are my most despised right now, they need HP nerfs and they'd be fine I think.
I totally agree on the Mei point. With that invulnerable/self heal I usually don't even bother with her.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Pre ordered and don't regret it at all. OB has been great, but haven't had urge to play for 2 days, hope that's more because I'm busy and know progress won't save than that I'm bored. Will say game is super shallow and needs more modes/maps. Wish they'd taken a page from battleborn there. When I play both games, I can't help but wish both studios combined some things to make a great game. OW is better, no question but I think for me I'll lose interest rather quickly after release.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I too think Bastion is really easily countered, and is usually a bad pick. It's a hero you can run over, I rarely ever lose games to him.

Man, I can stomp some fucks on Torb though. People don't respect his gun enough and spend too much time repairing. If I play Torb I get a card, pretty much guaranteed. The turret is pretty easy to put in spots that can be hard to deal with, especially when they try to deal with it and have you shooting them at the same time. His armor is pretty huge for a lot of heroes too. I especially love him on the first half of Gibralatar, but once they get into the shuttle hanger he becomes more useless.

He just has some pretty hard carry potential on certain maps, but definitely not all of them, and he needs the chance to get setup so if you are getting run over you really need to change asap.

Edit: In fact, I was playing with a few friends (who aren't good) and we ran into a 3 bastion team the other day on Volskaya and we still beat them. They even positioned pretty smart with overlapping fields of view that we could only hit one at a time, but between using Mei, Tracer, and Widow they pretty quickly realized they had to switch. One of them was even being babysat by Mercy.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
If Bastion was this wildly OP he'd be ran in tournaments 100% of the time. At the moment he is a niche counter pick. He's only as good as the people running into his fire sight.
What does this have to do with anything? The ratio of pug games to tournament games is something in the millions to 1. How many tournaments have you or anyone else played here?

I know it's fun to infer that you're better than everyone else, but please spare us...

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
They really need to cut out this join a game already in progress where your team is losing bullshit. There has to be enough players to spawn new games without an eternity to waiting. With no punishment for leaving it makes more sense.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
I too think Bastion is really easily countered, and is usually a bad pick. It's a hero you can run over, I rarely ever lose games to him.

Man, I can stomp some fucks on Torb though. People don't respect his gun enough and spend too much time repairing. If I play Torb I get a card, pretty much guaranteed. The turret is pretty easy to put in spots that can be hard to deal with, especially when they try to deal with it and have you shooting them at the same time. His armor is pretty huge for a lot of heroes too. I especially love him on the first half of Gibralatar, but once they get into the shuttle hanger he becomes more useless.

He just has some pretty hard carry potential on certain maps, but definitely not all of them, and he needs the chance to get setup so if you are getting run over you really need to change asap.

Edit: In fact, I was playing with a few friends (who aren't good) and we ran into a 3 bastion team the other day on Volskaya and we still beat them. They even positioned pretty smart with overlapping fields of view that we could only hit one at a time, but between using Mei, Tracer, and Widow they pretty quickly realized they had to switch. One of them was even being babysat by Mercy.
So. You had an organized team that was communicating. Which, we've all already said a team communicating and working together would really negate a lot of Bastion's bullshit. Also it was three of them? And from what I've seen three of anything really isn't a good idea in this game. So I don't really see how what you are saying changes much.

The problem I have with Bastion mostly is when he can set up a long ways behind a point half hidden in a doorway where he can peep the main avenue of approach with his whole team in front of him. If you fight on the point he melts you. You don't, you have the other team controlling it and fighting you the whole time.

Which, the more I think about it prolly is less of a Bastion being OP, and more just shit map design that allows those spots in the first place. The Anubis map is the worst one I've seen it for. And there is no real way to flank the setup I've seen since its half in the hallway from their spawn.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So. You had an organized team that was communicating. Which, we've all already said a team communicating and working together would really negate a lot of Bastion's bullshit. Also it was three of them? And from what I've seen three of anything really isn't a good idea in this game. So I don't really see how what you are saying changes much.

The problem I have with Bastion mostly is when he can set up a long ways behind a point half hidden in a doorway where he can peep the main avenue of approach with his whole team in front of him. If you fight on the point he melts you. You don't, you have the other team controlling it and fighting you the whole time.

Which, the more I think about it prolly is less of a Bastion being OP, and more just shit map design that allows those spots in the first place. The Anubis map is the worst one I've seen it for. And there is no real way to flank the setup I've seen since its half in the hallway from their spawn.
Spots like that can almost always get decimated by Junkrat or Widowmaker from a spot that he can't even shoot you while you kill him.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If they have nothing but turrets and Bastions then counter with Divas and Genjis for super cheese.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
The best one I saw was a ridiculous set up for 1 Reinhardt, 1 Junkrat, and the rest Pharahs. Shat on just about all the Turret/Bastion nonsense. Course, you'd need people to communicate to do it.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
They really need to cut out this join a game already in progress where your team is losing bullshit. There has to be enough players to spawn new games without an eternity to waiting. With no punishment for leaving it makes more sense.
You get an xp bonus for that, though.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like it how new people are added into the game when someone leaves. No more of that "a player left, now we're doomed to fail" routine with all the other Mobas. Someone bails out whever, new person is added. Not enough players to fill both teams, enjoy Team PvP game while waiting.

The DREAMER.. errr.... games must flow.

I love the whole concept, just dislike the pricing. So I'm not pre-ordering. The last time I pre-ordered something from Blizzard it was Starcraft: Wings of Liberty and paid 10euros more for it than i'd pay for a boxed copy in a store with the same benefits. (Yes, digital download version was more expensive.)

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I'm pretty sure Widow needs a nerf. Not even a high skill hero or anything since the snipes are so forgiving and body shots still do a fuckton of damage.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
When you say you mean Widow's aim is forgiving. What you mean to say is that it magically increases the size of your hitbox and allows you to snipe people just behind something. You notice all the time that her scope picks up on a target even though they are behind something, well at the very edge of that range, you can hit them. Even if the are, actually, geographically and geometrically entirely behind something. I know because of playing a Widow vs another Widow in a game where everyone else largely left us alone and we just had a snipe war at each other behind these 2 spots. But I think the only thing that really bugs me about her is how much damage she can do at close range with her automatic. If you surprise her up close she shouldn't be able to turn around and kill you as long as your aim isn't atrociously bad. Her close up damage is too high imo.