Overwatch

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I was trying to Pharah those Bastions and Torb turrets but would die as soon as I tried to shift/fly or pop around a corner, I was also in a pug and it was horrible and rage inducing. I would rather have uninstalled the game and cancelled my pre-order than throw my PC in the front yard.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You shouldn't fly as Pharah against Torb/Bastion/WM. It exposes you too much. You just corner peep.

spronk

FPS noob
Here is an older competitive game between Seagull's team and Cloud-9 for those complaining about a low skill cap. This was also before they nerfed Zen
wink.png

Is it just me or does watching this kind of pro play really show how weak the team play in this game is? Yes, there are callouts but it feels a lot less like a team game than when I watch streams of call of duty or counterstrike. I guess the big difference is no respawn in those games vs respawns here, and probably the pro level of Overwatch will not allow respawns either.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is it just me or does watching this kind of pro play really show how weak the team play in this game is? Yes, there are callouts but it feels a lot less like a team game than when I watch streams of call of duty or counterstrike. I guess the big difference is no respawn in those games vs respawns here, and probably the pro level of Overwatch will not allow respawns either.
lolwut.

Xalara

Golden Squire
The game is good, but I am worried about how PUGable this game is. A lot of the solo quick play games I've been in have been very swingy, and when you're on the losing side in those matches I've found it is very hard to do much but die. Compared to Team Fortress 2 where, even when losing I could often do stuff and have fun.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Why the fuck does Rip Tire do 0 damage if destroyed 1 centimeter from your opponent's feet? So stupid. It's useless except for solo or maybe duo kills. Why does D.Va get a nuke that can't be avoided if you are next to it, but with Junkrat all you have to do is shoot the rip tire once and bam it does 0 damage. It's a fucking explosive. Shooting it should fuck you up. So annoying. And you are totally vulnerable too. It's dumb that D.Va has a better bomb ult than Junkrat. I had a ton of fun with Junkrat at first, but I'm sick of having my tire instantly destroyed when I try to do something great with it. Also, when this beta is over I won't miss hearing Bastino POTG noise, that's for sure.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Once Ranked is reintroduced a lot of the tryharders will flock there, leaving QP open as the play anything casual mode people expect it to be.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Why the fuck does Rip Tire do 0 damage if destroyed 1 centimeter from your opponent's feet? So stupid. It's useless except for solo or maybe duo kills. Why does D.Va get a nuke that can't be avoided if you are next to it, but with Junkrat all you have to do is shoot the rip tire once and bam it does 0 damage. It's a fucking explosive. Shooting it should fuck you up. So annoying. And you are totally vulnerable too. It's dumb that D.Va has a better bomb ult than Junkrat. I had a ton of fun with Junkrat at first, but I'm sick of having my tire instantly destroyed when I try to do something great with it. Also, when this beta is over I won't miss hearing Bastino POTG noise, that's for sure.
This is so far from the truth, Junkrat's ult > D.Vas any day of the week. D.Va has build up, can be Reinhardt-blocked, Winston shielded, Mei Ice Wall, you can stand behind a flag post, the Payload LOS's it. Junkrat's is controllable, detonatable at any time, and independent of Junkrat (so even if he dies, you can still make a play.)
Shooting his tire down is the only way to deal with it, you cannot have Rein shield it, it can roll through Winston's shield, it can climb over Ice Wall and it does it ignores payload LOS.

Never claim D.Va's ult is better.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, that has always pissed me off about Junkrat's ult too. You should at least only go back down to 50% charge if they blow it up too, but you get fuck-all if they shoot your tire, which is so easy to do.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
It used to explode even if you killed it, which made it very un-fun to play against because it was a guaranteed 2-3 person kill, and didn't incentivize you to do anything but run from it, and you couldn't really even do that.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Edit: Double post I didn't see.

Also I love how I just healed over 70% of my team's damage taken and got 3 gold medals but got 1 commendation. Nobody appreciates support lol.I didn't even want to play a support, but we had no support and no tank but I got a team of stubborn asshats even though we won thanks to my timely heals and rez's. Potg bastion, commendations to reaper or mcgree or soldier 76, every time. People suck, it's like someone mentioned a page or two back about how they hate having to be forced into a role because the rest of the team is all too stubborn. It sucks. I'd have expected blizzard to make it more friendly for everyone, but it's really not as accessible as people claim it is. Not near Hearthstone's level. This game won't bring in people from other genre's that otherwise don't play FPS's and it certainly won't bring in non gamers. Potg bastion, commendations to reaper or mcgree or soldier 76, every time.

Tenks

It used to explode even if you killed it, which made it very un-fun to play against because it was a guaranteed 2-3 person kill, and didn't incentivize you to do anything but run from it, and you couldn't really even do that.
Yeah it was almost impossible to not get value out of Junkrat's Q previously. The only options would either be dramatically lower the charge rate of his Q or use the current iteration. I prefer the latter.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
You can shoot it from a distance? It should do damage if you kill it RIGHT as it's about to hit you. If you manage to surprise people with that loud ass sound and get within a centimeter of them, you deserve to AT LEAST damage them. It's dumb that it gets 1 shotted by anybody. It makes so much noise and is so easy to kill that it's useless. I don't know who you are playing against that you can successfully climb an ice wall with it and then kill somebody lol.

Tenks

You can shoot it from a distance? It should do damage if you kill it RIGHT as it's about to hit you. If you manage to surprise people with that loud ass sound and get within a centimeter of them, you deserve to AT LEAST damage them. It's dumb that it gets 1 shotted by anybody. It makes so much noise and is so easy to kill that it's useless. I don't know who you are playing against that you can successfully climb an ice wall with it and then kill somebody lol.
You can easily silence the tire. In fact in it's current state it is almost required unless you want it to just die. If you B-line to where you want to explode you telegraph the tire pretty heavily. So you want to go up something, run the tire into a wall w/o climbing (this will silence it) and then proceed. You need to use the map geometry using Junkrat's tire if you hope to get anything accomplished with it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It actually takes more then 1 shot and can usually hit a target before being killed. If you're driving it through open terrain then you deserve to have it killed for free.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I played with lots of comps, including a c9 pug, and junkrat was used heavily on maps like Dorado. Good Junkrats position their tire to do maximum damage with minimum visibility on the tire until it's on top of you. His tire has gone through tons of iterations, I think 125 hp is spot on, as really the only classes that can one shot that are Widow / Reinhardt / Direct hit from Pharah / Roadhog chain can grab it and stun it long enough to kill it, or the Junkratter can blow the tired and not kill Roadhog.

Lots of counterplay options now, whereas before it was "oh look, Junkrat got his 10th ult off because its so easy to charge and oh hey look 3 of my teammates are dead again."