Overwatch

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
S76 is a pretty damn good tire killer as well. I think a Helix direct hit one-shots it but more often you can shoot it a few times and then Helix and the explosion will kill it. Honestly I wish more heroes had ults with the amount of counter play as Rip Tire.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I always get somewhere hidden by using mine jump... Trust me my tire comes out of nowhere and it gets heard and someone turns around and shoots it and it instantly dies. Like I said, no problem with solo or duo kills. But you won't ever catch an entire decent team facing the same direction lol. Somebody hears it and fires 1-2 shots and it's dead instantly. The number of times I've had it right at an entire team's feet only to have it destroyed at the last milisecond when none of them noticed it two miliseconds ago it annoying. Like I just drove a tire off a roof directly onto a payload below and it died in midair. This game is dumb. Also how does a Bastion in turret form survive several direct frag hits to his face and a mine detonated under him? Is he immune to its movement affects? The one time I actually want my mines to move someone is Bastion and it doesn't seem to lol. And like I know is headshot is the back of his head when in turret form but come the fuck on. I usually kill him np out of anyone but it's really annoying sometimes when 3 direct hits don't kill him and a mine thrown ontop of him and not destroyed and properly detonated doesn't move him.

Tenks

I must not be getting matched up against the 420MLG pros because my tires rarely die

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I must not be getting matched up against the 420MLG pros because my tires rarely die
And you kill more than 2 players with them? I'm talking about trying to achieve something great with them. Not just a random kill or two.

Tenks

No I generally settle on killing 1-2 because I know the tire will die before I can dive it deep enough to kill more. It isn't like I commonly get 4 man kills with other ults. It sounds like you're being greedy and want your greed rewarded instead of punished.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Yea Junkrat's power comes from his ability to eliminate 1-3 people immediately. It stops pushes, clear points, it clears payloads. Enemy gearing up for one final push? Not if you kill their Reinhardt while the rest of them are forming up. Team fight right before a checkpoint? Come from behind their lines with a tire and kill their pesky Mercy to stop the ress.

All kinds of great plays Junkrat is capable of, and he can do this all even if he's dead.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Just played one of the most fun matches this Open Beta. (Had better Competitive matches in Closed, but still...)

2-0 in the rounds but had "Contested" for ages both times, both teams at 99% forever.

Enemy team had "pr0lly" which I couldnt confirm if was real or fake
frown.png
(he also had potg, bastard).

Matches like this make me love the game so much and give it hope it'll see eSport tier someday.

Was a lunchbreak game and didn't video cap it, wish I did. One of the few Open Beta matches I want to re-watch.

rrr_img_133432.jpg

rrr_img_133433.jpg

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Also. On what map is there a useful fucking wall to actually climb the tire with? I've yet to find one. The only decent map I've seen to use tire on is the Pandaria looking one where you can fire it off from the side onto the capture point, but even then, it gets shot mid air half the time. It's worthless except for solo kills and if lucky duo kills and I dunno, an explosive ult just feels like it should do more. I've had so many 4-5 kills with D.Va but never with Junkrat.

Tenks

DVa's ult is probably the worst in the game so if you think Junkrat's is worse you're doing something wrong with it

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
D'Va was my main in Closed and lemme tell you... her ult is garbage outside of being a zoning tool. You don't use D'Va ult expecting kills, they are so unlikely. It's the easiest Ult to avoid. It is great for temporarily clearing a capture point, though...

Junkrat tire is so powerful because you drive it and its blast goes through geometry. Killing 2-3 people is game changing. It's really well balanced right now because you can hide it with Geometry and get off surprise plays. Take corners tight, go through alleys, drive over walls, etc...

I can see it now... if the Tire was pre-nerf levels you'd be bitching how OP it is. Just cause you play Junkrate and waste a few Qs doesn't mean it's a shit ult.

With regard to your question: every map has walls you can climb for some surprise play, it would be too much work trying to point them all out tbh.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I get killed by Junkrats ult way more than I get kills with Pharahs. Probably because i'm a bad, but there it is.

Tenks

Junkrat's ult also generates faster than Pharah. He can get it pretty quickly too if the enemy has a Mercy or something quickly healing your damage so people are more keen on walking into your spam nades. Only problem is you're also giving away a support ult but gotta get them golds so who gives a fuck.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
Also. On what map is there a useful fucking wall to actually climb the tire with? I've yet to find one. The only decent map I've seen to use tire on is the Pandaria looking one where you can fire it off from the side onto the capture point, but even then, it gets shot mid air half the time. It's worthless except for solo kills and if lucky duo kills and I dunno, an explosive ult just feels like it should do more. I've had so many 4-5 kills with D.Va but never with Junkrat.
You're playing with people that snapshot tires out of the air at will, but can't LOS a D.Va ult?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The maps where Junkrat is good? lol

Temple of Anubis, Dorado, Hanamura are all great for the tire. I consistently get 2-3 with my tire. I've gotten the 4+ achievement in both closed and open beta. Even some of the KoTH maps can be pretty good

Tenks

I know comp teams don't consider Gibraltor a good map for Junkrat but I love him there. At least for phases 1 and 2. He kind of sucks on phase 3.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Actually had some time off work this weekend so I grouped with Rerolled dues and had a blast! Thanks to Hateorade & Sorrows in particular, as I grouped with them the most and thanks to the rest that grouped over the weekend. I really enjoyed playing Reaper and will probably main him as he is useful on just about any map in any scenario, at least that is my opinion after a few hours of play.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've been trying to find my play-style with at least one hero from each archetype. Tracer/Pharah for offense, Torbj?rn/Bastion for builder/defense, Reinhardt for tank/defense and Lucio for support. These seem to fit my style more than the others. I love the fast movement toons the best.