Overwatch

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I found this out yesteray. Sticky bomb ult does not kill Roadhog or Reinhardt at full health. I feel like my entire life is a lie.

Hell yeah we did Brahma, I'm about to hop on now if anyone is game.
1200 and 500 HP's respectively.

Probably won't be on till 6:30 or so.

BrahmaDog#1295 if anyone else wants to group with the old man. Me, I mean...not Reinhardt.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am not very good, but I do enjoy this game! Gridironrush#1530 if anyone wants to game it up.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Reinhart can additionally spin around so his shield is between him and his team and the bomb won't damage through it I believe, although the bomb isn't very large anyway.

Some interesting tidbits in that Myths video... attaching things to props is kinda amusing but doubt it will ever mean much :p Turrets getting healed by medkits is kinda wtf but neat

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Reinhart can additionally spin around so his shield is between him and his team and the bomb won't damage through it I believe, although the bomb isn't very large anyway.

Some interesting tidbits in that Myths video... attaching things to props is kinda amusing but doubt it will ever mean much :p Turrets getting healed by medkits is kinda wtf but neat
Then the Rein would have to make the decision to turn his back to (presumably) your team or shield the AOE. In general I'd think he would choose the previous.

And the turrets HP thing is kind of cute but I haven't found a really good spot to make use of it. Sometimes I'll do it on Hanamura A in that little side room by the double doors where there is a small HP pack. But there are better places to get better turret value. For whatever reason people are turret baby sitters on Torb and thats the wrong way to play him.

Tenks

Curious if they should just put his right click on a CD like soldiers. It does equal if not more damage then the rockets.
Nah that would interfere with his design at that point. I'm not sure how to fix him or if his problem lies in more a meta sense. I guess if they wanted they could make his alt fire even more erratic and scattered than it is right now. It isn't terribly difficult to land 3-4 shots even at close mid range.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I'm bad at this game
frown.png

so bad
This is why I only play turret heroes, healers and Bastion.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
There's a map where you can see really really far. A good counter for turrets should be a sniper, but the second you pop out to shoot you get trashed, at ranges so far you really need a scope to even see the turret. Not really sure what other counters there are for one. Nothing I play.

Flanking them doesn't really work either because they turn so fast. Torb also completely nullifies any flying character. Soon as they jump they die before they can even get a shot off.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Reinhart being able to pin D.Va suicide mech actually seems like the biggest deal out of that myths video. If you have the reaction time you can nullify the attempted big-play-clear-everyone-off-the-defense-point D.Va plays by just jumping on the grenade yourself.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Turrets don't have that far of range. Example: The Hanamura map, if someone places a turret on the back wall of the last spawn(ie next to where the defenders spawn exits) you can sit out front of the building and kill them without them ever shooting you(hanzo, sniper, phara, mei, lucio etc can all kill them from that far). Main thing with turrets is to hide and poke to kill it, even with torb repairing he wont keep up(and you can usually kill him also if hes sitting on it repairing while you fire).

Myth video was interesting. I have seen people put turrets on objects(like the soccer/basketballs) but they get destroyed if they run into another object in the world. There's a lot of cool things people will slowly learn. So many ults can be blocked by other characters but hardly anyone does it. One reason I love mei so much, wall can block so much.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Not only Mei wall can block, but she can ice block and then teammates can stand behind her block to LoS certain alts like DVAs. It's pretty awesome. Mei really is one of the most powerful characters right now. Her left click can take down a reinhardt shield before even needing to reload. Unfortunately, after he's frozen Mei needs at least 3 headshots with right click to kill him which is basically impossible if you soloed his shield.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Sticky bomb does what 300 damage? I wish they'd just display the damn information in this game for how much damage things do.

That said it is often times pretty easy to get a stick on Rein and usually people are near him. If given the chance I zip behind him and plant my Q.
It does 400 if stuck on someone +5 damage for it sticking. Also a stuck bomb on someone's head will get the 2x damage mod.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Found out earlier that if you hit escape in between games, it gives you the option to open loot boxes. I didn't know this was possible, I thought you had to exit all the way out.

Tenks

Found out earlier that if you hit escape in between games, it gives you the option to open loot boxes. I didn't know this was possible, I thought you had to exit all the way out.
Turn off Skirmish while Queued if you have boxes to open. That way it doesn't pop you into a skirmish game and you can just open them.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Turrets just need a damage falloff at range. Right now they do max damage at very very very far ranges.
Turret damage isn'tthatgreat, though. Every Toblerone that thinks they're playing TF2 and babysits their turret is basically resulting in their team being effectively half a character down.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
How does everyone feel about Potg? I'd say probably 1/15 times I see something new and unique, but otherwise I just find them kind of annoying and boring, even when they're mine. Like yea, great. I saw that happen, I lived it, can I go now? I'd say it's 50% antsiness to just continue and get into another match, and like 50% the potg being something super boring, like a bastion in a corner or a torb getting a multi when he's not even anywhere near his turret.

But I guess since there's a loot feature associated with them, there will probably never be a skip option, eh?

Oh, also, I don't think I've ever felt as luke warm about collectibles as I do in this game. I really like overwatch, but I frequently forget I get boxes when I level, and just open them to stop the icon from blinking. The entire office is playing - we even have a spreadsheet in excel for everyone's bnet names (lol) and I think I've only heard one person excited about the sprays etc.

How does everyone else feel? I collect skins in LoL/HoTS etc, but I have no urge to do so here for some reason.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love quite a few of the skins and want them. Same for some of the emotes/intros. Sprays are not too high on my radar, since the only time I see them is when waiting for match to start. Maybe ill start seeing people spray right after they think they made a potg or something.

I don't mind the potg. While some are boring, its also fun to watch the really good ones.