Overwatch

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I highly recommend everyone watch this vid:OVERWATCH CANCEL TUTORIAL - YouTube
Guy explains most of the good cancels and is very helpful. Vid posted up yesterday.

Roadhog is around the 9min mark.

The Genji cancels seem required, they make a huge difference. Reaper cancels are easy enough learn to get a little edge and S76 is kinda minor but useful.
Reinhardt/Roadhog cancels seem massive too.
Woah...

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Make sure to watch the hitbox section toward the end too
biggrin.png

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thanks for the games tonight. I was avoiding at first because I'm desperately trying to learn the rest of the cast because I feel pigeoned holed but this Sunday was just all around terrible for me.
Thanks for joining us last night, was fun. I think I called you out for playing Reaper at the start of a defense map, sorry if I did. (I think I played him later on the same map lol).

Didn't realize you weren't that comfortable with anyone else yet.

Maybe see you again tonight.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Weekly Brawl changes on Tuesdays at 22:00 UTC.

Also!

I've been watching McCree carefully since we've released. McCree's flashbang plays an important role in being a strong option against very fast/agile teams (tracers/genjis/etc). It is also a nice tool to prevent close range devastating abilities and ultimates such as Reaper's Death Blossom.

That said, its probably a bit too good at dealing damage to higher health targets such as Tanks and barriers. I don't have any concrete changes yet, but I'm going to be testing some things internally to see how he plays.
PLEASE! Nerf McCree - Overwatch Forums

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Is the only way to earn coins through loot boxes? Is the only way to earn loot boxes by levelling up (or buying)?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I highly recommend everyone watch this vid:OVERWATCH CANCEL TUTORIAL - YouTube
Guy explains most of the good cancels and is very helpful. Vid posted up yesterday.

Roadhog is around the 9min mark.

The Genji cancels seem required, they make a huge difference. Reaper cancels are easy enough learn to get a little edge and S76 is kinda minor but useful.
Reinhardt/Roadhog cancels seem massive too.
He didn't mentioned it directly, but canceling your reload on Roadhogg is suuuuuper important. His ammo counter fills as soon as he puts the scrap in to the gun and you can skip the entire cocking animation afterwards with melee or E.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Slaythe#1431

I know this would create too big of a clusterfuck, but I wish there was a ladder system for each character. I'm in the 20s now and can play as S76 on offense and Junkrat or Torb on defense and feel like I'm contributing to the team. Any other character feels the opposite. I know I should just queue solo and deal with the learning curve, but winning games is more fun, you know?

I like Mccree in a coordinated team setting, but I find him pretty boring in solo play where people just refuse to talk to one another. He's great at targeting specific characters if that coordination in there. If that isn't the case, I just feel like I'm hiding in corners sniping kills and not really impacting anything.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Slaythe#1431

I know this would create too big of a clusterfuck, but I wish there was a ladder system for each character. I'm in the 20s now and can play as S76 on offense and Junkrat or Torb on defense and feel like I'm contributing to the team. Any other character feels the opposite. I know I should just queue solo and deal with the learning curve, but winning games is more fun, you know?
This is what Quick Play will be for. That's why we see no public in-game ranking system, MMR, KDA, Win%, etc. Ranked will be for try-harding with your best dudes.

Tigole mentioned somewhere that Ranked will be coming in June... probably mid-late June.

After experiencing Competitive in Beta, it was a clear difference between try-hard teams (Competitive) and fuck-around teams (Quick Play). Nobody will care about their QP stats at all so fucking around will be accepted.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
always good when the dudes youre playing with are so bad the rr bros bail on ya, lol.

thanks for the vid!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Though your sarcasm is off the charts it actually won the game, so what you said was actually correct. So, that and go fuck yourself!
I couldn't tell if he was talking about the Animation Cancelling video I posted, or your POTG... lol.
Gratitude or Extreme Sarcasm, can't decide.

edit: Nice potg btw
biggrin.png

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I couldn't tell if he was talking about the Animation Cancelling video I posted, or your POTG... lol.
Gratitude or Extreme Sarcasm, can't decide.

edit: Nice potg btw
biggrin.png
Oh shit, I might owe Tred an apology. He probably did mean Fawe's Video.

My bad Tred.