Overwatch

xzi

Mouthbreather
I usually dig playing support roles in games but rocket launcher in Quake/TF has always been my go-to. Pharah looks quite fun, especially with how mobile shit is. Plus, airshots are forever satisfying.

Have they said anything about custom content in the game, such as a map editor? I'm not calling this game a TF2 clone, but for the sake of example: Any TF2 clone that comes out is all good and fun for about a month or so before the maps are so worn by everyone and the developers have no near date of when they'll be releasing anything new. Blizzard isn't exactly known for it's hasty content patches, so it's currently the only thing that has me slightly worried.

Level design though in these maps seems pretty solid. I'm actually looking forward to this.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My assumption is since it will be on a F2P model they won't give out a map editor

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Blizzard RTS were the only ones with solid editors and you could argue that they fucked it up royally in SC2, so I wouldn't expect anything official, sadly

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'll assume they'll adopt the same kind of release schedule as HotS, which was like iirc 1 hero per month and 1map every 3months(might be wrong, can't find the articles about that again). Unlike TF2, the maps seem a lot smaller and compact leading to shorter games(for example only 2 points to capture or the payload completing quite a bit faster, though they might have sped up TF2 since I last played), so adding new ones shouldn't be too hard, but 3months is still kinda a long time especially if they add a shit one at any point.

Without the steam workshop and all that shit though, I think there's basically absolutely no way they're making an editor and let people create content, since they wouldn't be able to monetize it easily. SC2 was probably their test platform for such content and I don't think they're happy enough with the results that they'll add it in further games.

I guess we'll know more about all this at the next Blizzcon or whatever. That's when I expect beta to fully start too.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Latest 3: Winston, Widowmaker, and Bastion.

Didn't post earlier as I found the first two fairly boring. Winston in particular looks pretty awkward with his random left arm and I felt like he should go into 3rd person view for his ult. Bastion looks fun though.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any class that can basically do a one shot kill will always have some utility in the hands of somebody really good.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Any decent sniper is fucking ridiculous on most of the popular conquest maps in BF4.

Rush maps, no, but no one plays Rush anymore.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
All I ever played for my 125 ranks was conquest. And snipers were never a game changer. Just annoying cunts that I'd have to swap to a DMR to deal with.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Trying to scope somebody 10m away looked painful, with all the mobility most classes have, sniper doesn't look too great, plus - no headshots ? I guess they are saving themselves trouble for later when the inevitable crazy skins show up, but if hit anywhere does full damage it's weird.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Trying to scope somebody 10m away looked painful, with all the mobility most classes have, sniper doesn't look too great, plus - no headshots ? I guess they are saving themselves trouble for later when the inevitable crazy skins show up, but if hit anywhere does full damage it's weird.
Well as a side note given how fast everybody is moving and how mobile everybody is probably fine its just massive damage if you hit at all with it. Given the shot speed and the immobility when firing and she looks pretty squishy seems reasonable plus it was an early beta build so who knows may have changed since then.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Zarya

She seems super versatile. Shields herself + teammates, movement restricting ult, grenade / laser weapon.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
AWP is really expensive and more of a support weapon. You don't want a team full of AWPs. If it was blatantly overpowered you'd see everyone buy it every round.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Sniper can see through walls, if I played one on a defensive map I would just tell my team where the enemy is a what is coming, pure support! Head shots would be all bonus.

Zarya

She seems super versatile. Shields herself + teammates, movement restricting ult, grenade / laser weapon.

Oh man the grenade launcher arc of that weapon is my favorite kind for these games.