Overwatch

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well I would never touch them for sure. I like KOTH but I also like the other maps. I also have no issue with class stacking so this game is pretty great for me :p

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think they'd be very fun
biggrin.png
TDM probably better as a brawl mode and not in the competitive rotation.
I always thought CTF could be done, but main problem is that it would be too hard to keep the rounds short.
Only way I can see CTF maybe working is if you start with the flag in your possession already and have to transport it somewhere, but of course you need to disable some of the broken shit like Tracer blink.
Instead of a payload, the payload would be a Reinhardt or something. Could be neat.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Class stacking is not an issue for me, player stupidity is the real issue. Two or three of anything is easily countered, but having a PUG Team that knows what to do is unlikely thus making it difficult. My new attitude in PUGs is just to have fun and work on characters I need to get better at, like Genji, Hanzo, Mei & Widow.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I can't be the only one who thinks TDM and CTF would be terrible in this game
I wouldn't mind more choices but Blizz agrees with you at least. They said the sense of character and individual contribution would be diminished with larger teams. The objective-based gameplay is how they prop up the demand for different roles and encourage coordination. TDM would disproportionately reward shooty playstyles and CTF would disproportionately reward mobility and CC. WoW's CTF modes contributed to its PVP game's escalating spiral of CC and counter CC.

I read they arrived at the 6-v-6 number pretty much because it was the sweet spot where character contribution shone and where carrying one person wasn't a virtual loss every time.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
but of course you need to disable some of the broken shit like Tracer blink.
Thats the biggest issue. The heroes are balanced around their mobility. You are basically asking a hero to get gutted if they are capturing the flag. Then you also have to decide which mobility is acceptable and which isn't. Is Genji's double jump fine? His wall climb? Is Lucio's wall ride? 76's sprint? It becomes extraordinarily messy for a game where it's heroes are balanced around their unique mobility. It would just turn into Roadhog being the mandatory flag capper because he has a huge HP pool and can heal since (for the most part) everyone walks the same speed.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Thats the biggest issue. The heroes are balanced around their mobility. You are basically asking a hero to get gutted if they are capturing the flag. Then you also have to decide which mobility is acceptable and which isn't. Is Genji's double jump fine? His wall climb? Is Lucio's wall ride? 76's sprint? It becomes extraordinarily messy for a game where it's heroes are balanced around their unique mobility. It would just turn into Roadhog being the mandatory flag capper because he has a huge HP pool and can heal since (for the most part) everyone walks the same speed.
I know, why not instead of a hero being the flag carrier, just make it an NPC! Hell it could be an object like a truck or something. Then the team just needs to be near the flag carrier/object thing to make it move. Brilliant. Hire me, blizz.

Class stacking is not an issue for me, player stupidity is the real issue. Two or three of anything is easily countered, but having a PUG Team that knows what to do is unlikely thus making it difficult. My new attitude in PUGs is just to have fun and work on characters I need to get better at, like Genji, Hanzo, Mei & Widow.
I don't have a problem with class stacking either. I haven't really seen it work for longer than a round tbh. Thing is some classes DEFINITELY stack better than others. It's a shame that Mercy's dps boost doesn't stack anymore but I could see how it must've been a problem before. I dunno if Symmetra's shield ever stacked (or if you could even cast it on another symmetra) but 150 regenning shields on top of 6 symmetras whose 36 turrets would 1shot most people would've been busted too.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Let's talk Zenyatta buff ideas.

I think the Orb of Discord needs a HoT that heals him or maybe small heals to the team (Not both).

OR

He needs to be able to apply his heal to multiple targets. You're already limited to LoS with no way to get close to your Ally like you can with Mercy and no AE like Lucio.

khorum

Murder Apologist
They should just let his orbs keep working out of los. They already disappear once you kill zen, so if you're raging hard about that genji or tracer harassing your backline with a perma heal orb, then just go for the shit-mobility glass cannon who's throwing his balls at your face instead.

Tenks

They should just let his orbs keep working out of los. They already disappear once you kill zen, so if you're raging hard about that genji or tracer harassing your backline with a perma heal orb, then just go for the shit-mobility glass cannon whose throwing his balls at your face instead.
I take it you didn't play the beta. LoS orbs was terrible and should never make a come back.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
After thinking about CTF a bit, I think it would probably be terrible in this game. Win 1 fight and you can get the flag and peace out. Only way it works is if the flag severely hampers your movement speed, then it's similar to Payload except 1 guy can't do jack shit and will just be frustrated. Open up movement and the rounds will be too fast. TDM still sounds fun as a Brawl mode, though.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
CTF has been terrible in almost every game I've played it in. I think the wonky modded Q2 CTF ones were the last time it was fun for me. If the map is balanced and the classes are balanced then by definition CTF stalemates until someone fucks up because of boredom

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea no LoS on orbs was some mega butt cancer to deal with and needed to go. +25 shields or health is really all he needs so you don't get instagibbed constantly, and maybe like long press shift to put the orb on yourself in an emergency.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I take it you didn't play the beta. LoS orbs was terrible and should never make a come back.
I played on a friend's account off and on back when bastion still had his shield and Torb could sneak under the world on lijiang markets (lol that was awesome). I didn't have much trouble with it then tbh, though I was usually on the tracer/zen's team. I only ever saw it on Tracer and she needed to be much more risk-averse than usual and the Zen had to stay even MORE risk-averse to keep the orb on the harasser.

I bet if Blizz framed an argument against it, they would've argued on the basis that it discouraged their intentions for either character.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Did the Weekly Brawl last night.

Atacking Hanamura, it starts us off with 3 Mercy, 2 Symmetra and 1 S76....

Defenders start with Widow, Torb, Rein, S76, Mei, Mercy. LOL.

Tenks

I played on a friend's account off and on back when bastion still had his shield and Torb could sneak under the world on lijiang markets (lol that was awesome). I didn't have much trouble with it then tbh, though I was usually on the tracer/zen's team. I only ever saw it on Tracer and she needed to be much more risk-averse than usual and the Zen had to stay even MORE risk-averse to keep the orb on the harasser.

I bet if Blizz framed an argument against it, they would've argued on the basis that it discouraged their intentions for either character.
I don't think Bastion shield was in the game at the same time as KotH maps. I could be wrong but that was out fairly rapidly.

And the LOS thing was a bigger issue in organized play. It wasn't a huge deal in pub play. But it was a massive deal once everyone stopped breathing out of their mouthes.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Did the Weekly Brawl last night.

Atacking Hanamura, it starts us off with 3 Mercy, 2 Symmetra and 1 S76....

Defenders start with Widow, Torb, Rein, S76, Mei, Mercy. LOL.
lol. Do the brawls use the same busted ass mmr that queues me into games with premades of level 120+ ppl? This matchmaking is prolly the most disappointing part of the game for me.

Tenks

lol. Do the brawls use the same busted ass mmr that queues me into games with premades of level 120+ ppl? This matchmaking is prolly the most disappointing part of the game for me.
Literally the only time this occurs is if the game is starting in a 6v6 and an entire 6 leaves. The game then just emergency fills. If it happens previously it will reinstance and boot the remaining 6. You are acting like it is a common occurrence and in reality I bet it has happened to you once.