Overwatch

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Interesting, but I still find FPS games in general terrible for spectating.

Seems like their maps have very little interactive elements besides objectives, which I'm not sure about, but I like how vertical the action can be.

Switching heroes feels dumb with so many of them.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I don't know, I've been watching FPS competitive games since early quake days and while a 1v1 is much easier to follow, this game - for being a game I've never played or seen before - is pretty easy to follow and figure out what's going on.

Vertical for me is huge, because it's hard to pull off in most FPS games in my opinion, overusing it or having poor map flow around vertical play seems to be the trend which is why we don't see a whole lot of maps designed like that.

I can see this game being a competitive game that gets very popular for at least a few months if not more, after that it's sort of up to blizzards balance and the rate they release new maps.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They actually pump content out for Heroes of the Storm pretty quickly these days. A new hero every 3 weeks and a new map maybe once every other month.

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm not a big fan of watching this to be honest. It's really annoying hearing CS type team calling in a game like this.

Looks fun to play tho.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd hope it would have the same idea as CSGO. In fact I read somewhere that Blizzard is inspired by many aspects of CSGO when it comes to this game.
So, it's CS:GO with animated titties for the uber-nerd virgins who love Blizzard?

Xevy

Log Wizard
So, it's CS:GO with animated titties for the uber-nerd virgins who love Blizzard?
It's Blizzard's Team Fortress.

Looks okay. I guess this is their attempt at a FPS PVP RPG without all the RPG elements that people get hung up on (PVE balance, quests, dungeons, factions, itemization, etc). Just pure archetypes and skills vs people with the same options.

Tenks

I don't really see anything that looks like an RPG. Outside of you can out-of-game level up heroes to unlock different cosmetics.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Looks more like Destiny's Crucible (including OP superpowers on charge timers) than Team Fortress to me. Which isn't a bad thing.

Wish it was more MOBA with item builds and such though.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Aside from likely being inspired by it, it doesn't really feel like Team Fortress aside from having a variety of class archetypes to choose from (def/off/support) and having a payload style mode.
To my loser ass with 4,000 hours in TF2 anyways.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm sure it will be a stellar esport with no dedicated servers, spectator mode or custom games, at least not until they add those 2 years down the line
biggrin.png

Tenks

Ah I see you have inside information about the architecture at launch.

And its supposed to ship with spectator mode. I assume (hope) it is drop in/out of any observable game.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Aside from likely being inspired by it, it doesn't really feel like Team Fortress aside from having a variety of class archetypes to choose from (def/off/support) and having a payload style mode.
To my loser ass with 4,000 hours in TF2 anyways.
It looks exactly like TF2. And 4K hours is bush league bro.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's Blizzard's Team Fortress.
Gotcha. Good description, thank you.

Maybe speccing FPS games is a personal thing? I regularly watch all of the CS:GO global tournaments and thoroughly enjoy them. Of course, I also play that game a lot, which might be why. For instance, I don't play StarCraft and I think watching that game would be very boring.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm sure it will be a stellar esport with no dedicated servers, spectator mode or custom games, at least not until they add those 2 years down the line
biggrin.png
Ah I see you have inside information about the architecture at launch.

And its supposed to ship with spectator mode. I assume (hope) it is drop in/out of any observable game.
And it has custom games.

It makes you realize how badly Browder shit the bed with hots.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Hearthstone isn't much better. Still no tournament mode or leagues, spectator mode just became usable recently, etc.

Tenks

And it has custom games.

It makes you realize how badly Browder shit the bed with hots.
HotS really needed to be it's own stand alone game and not a glorified SC2 mod. But it works for what it is. Why they can't get more than 12 slots per game and why they can't have the game feed a replay to a server for public spectators to view is beyond me, though. But the reconnect system for HotS is now pretty damn good. You can drop out and get back fairly quick these days.