Overwatch

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
For those wanting a summary of the speculation, rumors, and/or Kaplan's previous discussions here is a decent video. Just hate the guy who narrates the Force Gaming videos. For some reason his voice makes me want to punch him but you get some nice images from the PTR.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well just for fun, I downloaded the PTR and tried competitive...

Just played 2 matches, and it's probably not gonna representative of the live version as I am guessing it's mostly hardcore on the PTR.

The experience was not fun at all. First, unlike quick play...people bitch in group if they pick up the "wrong" hero. People were constantly telling others what to play, what to switch to during game etc...it's very competitive I guess.

In the King's Row, attack/defend...after both games as attacker and defender...I had a gold medal with 2 eliminations....this is the total for both games. In attacking, we didn't even get past the bus at the beginning. No one even reached the control point.

It's way too small a sample...but on the PTR at least, competitive is insanely hard.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So while it is possible for a mismatch to result in a stomp, not every stomp is a mismatch. If every time a team dominates another team it is viewed as ?the matchmaker is broken?, the problem we have is with perception and expectations. Look across all pro sports. Even matches happen every night. Stomps happen every night. It?s a reality of any competitive game. Does that make being on the receiving end sting any less ? probably not.

SO MUCH THIS. I wish people would understand this. So many people are stuck in the mind set of playing one hero, or not learning what is good to play in what situation

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah I was just in a game where we dominated the fuck out of the other team to a 99-0 lead. Then we lost the cap point and no one but myself and one other attempted to reclaim it. I just can't deal with PUGs anymore. I'm perma -75% because of retarded faggots.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Well just for fun, I downloaded the PTR and tried competitive...

Just played 2 matches, and it's probably not gonna representative of the live version as I am guessing it's mostly hardcore on the PTR.

The experience was not fun at all. First, unlike quick play...people bitch in group if they pick up the "wrong" hero. People were constantly telling others what to play, what to switch to during game etc...it's very competitive I guess.

In the King's Row, attack/defend...after both games as attacker and defender...I had a gold medal with 2 eliminations....this is the total for both games. In attacking, we didn't even get past the bus at the beginning. No one even reached the control point.

It's way too small a sample...but on the PTR at least, competitive is insanely hard.
Welcome to any ranked mode in any game
biggrin.png

Everyone should already expect this. Even in Beta it was a lot more hardcore and "bitchy".

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't get many POTG, and I don't play Reaper much, but I thought this one was funny. Flank all day.

edit: whoa, why is it so big?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I started my mission as only playing Genji last night. Had a few solid games where I destroyed the other team and a few games where people were asking me "wtf are you doing?"

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I started my mission as only playing Genji last night. Had a few solid games where I destroyed the other team and a few games where people were asking me "wtf are you doing?"
I play a ton of Genji and I still feel pretty shitty on him. He just plays so differently than every other hero in the game.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So while it is possible for a mismatch to result in a stomp, not every stomp is a mismatch. If every time a team dominates another team it is viewed as "the matchmaker is broken", the problem we have is with perception and expectations. Look across all pro sports. Even matches happen every night. Stomps happen every night. It's a reality of any competitive game. Does that make being on the receiving end sting any less - probably not.

SO MUCH THIS. I wish people would understand this. So many people are stuck in the mind set of playing one hero, or not learning what is good to play in what situation
Sometimes you have people of the right skill level but they are (having an off day, just not working well together, not syncing up heroes well, or just plain somebody on the other team is on fire).

Like last night I normally suck with soldier 76 but been playing him more to get used to him. One game the other team must have thought I was a super high skill level dude because I was totally getting lucky and I was looking WAY more confident than I really was but everything kept breaking my way. I wound up just curb stomping people that match spent almost the entire match on fire which is rare for me. Some times the moons align and somebody pulls a spectacular game out of their arse.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I play a ton of Genji and I still feel pretty shitty on him. He just plays so differently than every other hero in the game.
Yeah it really depends on the skill of the other players. I find myself a lot of times telegraphing my reflect too early, so I'm working on that. Also I'm fairly terrible using his ult.

On that topic, when is the best time to use his right click vs. left? I usually use his right click if I'm chasing someone and they're moving erratically but I don't even know if that's right.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
On the topic of learning heroes. I appreciate the numerous RR group invites but it's really disappointing when people from here are willing to sacrifice games to learn a hero. ie: No swapping or anything to improve chance of winning. Forget who it was, Nidhogg or Noodle or someone 2 nights ago, before match even starts, "sorry already for my Genji". I kinda wanted to quit out and go solo right there. Maybe I'm taking QP too serious, but I like winning and unless everyone is on board with dicking around (like going 6-stack same heroes) then I think it's only respectful to try and play at a somewhat competent level with heroes more suitable to securing whatever objective. When I want to play Tracer, I make sure it's not in RR groups since I suck ass with her, usually... actually been playing her and feeling a lot more comfortable with her now, but still haven't played in an RR group. Same with Genji, I never play him in RR groups, but have been practicing Solo.

Even during my solo practice, I make sure to play them when it makes sense. Genji/Tracer really aren't good on Defense unless you're awesome at them, for example.

Just some ramblings... My time is super limited so I'd rather solo and practice heroes guilt-free then being in RR groups where 1/2 are tryharding and 1/2 are dicking around.

Needless

Toe Sucker
git gud nerds d:^)

Mei and S76 need better skins, Mei is so fun to make people angry with but all her skins are hetero except her pink one. She needs a bikini skin stat

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
On the topic of learning heroes. I appreciate the numerous RR group invites but it's really disappointing when people from here are willing to sacrifice games to learn a hero. ie: No swapping or anything to improve chance of winning. Forget who it was, Nidhogg or Noodle or someone 2 nights ago, before match even starts, "sorry already for my Genji". I kinda wanted to quit out and go solo right there. Maybe I'm taking QP too serious, but I like winning and unless everyone is on board with dicking around (like going 6-stack same heroes) then I think it's only respectful to try and play at a somewhat competent level with heroes more suitable to securing whatever objective. When I want to play Tracer, I make sure it's not in RR groups since I suck ass with her, usually... actually been playing her and feeling a lot more comfortable with her now, but still haven't played in an RR group. Same with Genji, I never play him in RR groups, but have been practicing Solo.

Even during my solo practice, I make sure to play them when it makes sense. Genji/Tracer really aren't good on Defense unless you're awesome at them, for example.

Just some ramblings... My time is super limited so I'd rather solo and practice heroes guilt-free then being in RR groups where 1/2 are tryharding and 1/2 are dicking around.
1. I did not invite you, although yes that was me.

2. Don't play with me if that's your attitude.

edit: 3. When I said it, it was a joke

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah it really depends on the skill of the other players. I find myself a lot of times telegraphing my reflect too early, so I'm working on that. Also I'm fairly terrible using his ult.

On that topic, when is the best time to use his right click vs. left? I usually use his right click if I'm chasing someone and they're moving erratically but I don't even know if that's right.
You should probably be using his alt fire more often than his primary. The primary is great if you can line up the headshot and you're far away but you really should be trying to get in people's faces with Genji. Most like you should primary fire, dash, melee, alt fire. That alone is generally good enough to kill most DPS heroes assuming you land all of it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Noodleface? more like POOPOOGENJI! lmaoooooooo

I wouldn't take QM so seriously though lol, i mean i occasionally call a dude a shitter and to change class because they're useless but i moreso just like fucking with randoms on the internet :^) solo QM is worse than playin with some homies that are half assing it around and playing a new character, if they're being a shitter in Comp then you can put on your dictator pants and yell at them lol