Overwatch

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Put it on Reinhardt if the enemy is shooting his shield. The game consumes your shield before his in the event of it being applied to him so you can safely gather energy while they pummel his big rectangle and then walk out and use yours to get even more before retreating to safety.
Serious? I Always thought it was just a waste, so never bothered to put in on rein, unless he charged in.

As a zarya player, I would love if true, but just seems to make no sense and a little broken.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Seriously fuck this shit...group has 2 Mercy.

Neither is healing, 1 is damage boosting the other while she's trying to kill people with her gun.

3 times trying to find a game, twice over 2 minutes and other over 1 1/2 min...only to get that kind of BS.
frown.png

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll have to test it to confirm because there's people out there claiming it works and others saying that it's because the shield is a hitbox that points out past Reinhardt's shield resulting in it being shot. Will see if I can get 2 friends to join a custom game to test it. Friend of mine told me about it the other day. My friend was using it the other night and claimed it worked but i'm not sure if he knew about the barrier hitbox thing and maybe he was attributing it to that.

Edit: Nevermind someone did a test already, my claim is a bit off, you can shield reinhardt as long as someone is shooting at the center of his shield it'll charge you through his barrier. Outer edges do not count. Wonder if they'll fix that clipping or just leave it.

Overwatch Science: Zaryas Shield - YouTube(didn't embed because the time stamp gets removed)

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I need some advice on how to counter a good Tracer. I was in a pug today and I grudgingly switched to McCree because the Mei wasn't doing shit to slow her down. Roadhog is my best character but it's such a crapshoot if I hook her or not. You have to make the perfect read on her blink to hook her.

I went through the placement matches on PTR.. MMR 41. =(

I only won two matches. I expected it to be based on performance and not on wins/losses which made me disappointed in the entire ranking system. My performance sucked though so it didn't matter either way.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I honestly want to know this game is considered competitive and the "next big thing" in esports with the god awful hitboxes. When you actually record your game and go back and review your deaths it is painfully obvious how massive an impact it is having.

rrr_img_136191.jpg

retarded hitboxes combined with bad netcode;

clearly missed hookedbehind me

rrr_img_136192.jpg

Roadhog's perspective frame before hook lands(gotta love how his view his hook is clearly missinginfrontof me) ;

rrr_img_136193.jpg

Roadhog's perspective frame as hook lands

rrr_img_136194.jpg

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Because blizzard can do no wrong and only makes the best games in their genre's period? I enjoy the game and have no context to compare it to esports fps but it does seem like it can't really survive outside of the blizzard realm of games staying big.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Formed a full group lastnight, only level 30 but had some 90's with me. Ended up playing against some level 200's, needless to say for the 170+ hours some of them had, they werent all that good. Definitely way more fun fighting team vs team though.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Mystery Brawl is great because if you kill an annoying hero, then they probably won't get them again
wink.png

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Also did I miss the memo or is Hanzo now a legit pick in comp play?
Did I miss something on the tourneys?

I don't watch them specifically, but I was talking to someone last night about Roadhog becoming meta atm? Idk, he was talking about some streamer/pro player going on a rant about it. If thats the case though, I could be seeing more gameplay for sure from Hanzo. He is one of three legitimate tankbusters currently. With the McCree nerf, and the immobility of Widow.. only Zen, Reaper, and Hanzo are really the only ones solid in taking down tanks in burst.

Also with the insurgency of Zarya play, hes the perfect combo. Though I don't know if Zarya gets much play outside of KoTH yet?

edit; No. Fucking. Way. I might be late on this, but Frod is playing for Faze in OW, thats crazy as fuck. I remember watching him on coL back in Counter-Strike.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Did I miss something on the tourneys?

I don't watch them specifically, but I was talking to someone last night about Roadhog becoming meta atm? Idk, he was talking about some streamer/pro player going on a rant about it. If thats the case though, I could be seeing more gameplay for sure from Hanzo. He is one of three legitimate tankbusters currently. With the McCree nerf, and the immobility of Widow.. only Zen, Reaper, and Hanzo are really the only ones solid in taking down tanks in burst.
JoshOG invitational is going on right now. Hanzo was played by LG and TL both on Gibraltor and was played by EnvyUS capping point A on King's Row.

Roadhog has probably been meta for at least a month now. Generally played as a DPS role. Kind of surprised McCree is completely out of play right now. He still feels pretty decent to me. But I guess now if you want a midrange skirmish 76 does that better and if you want short range tank killer Reaper does that better. Both of those guys are getting play. Maybe if Tracer/Genji were more meta he'd still see play.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I didn't see the LG/TL games, i'm assuming that was yesterday. I just watched Seagull play him in that last match, though Surefor was running the shutdown campaign.. his Hanzo seemed pretty weak. Granted they easily played against it by not giving them line of sight, Hanzo could have easily done more work given the the situation. He is kinda moving scared/passive, and should have tried to follow up w/ the Rein esp when he was moving toward the payload with road. Ultimately getting to the checkpoint, their second point he should have been able to focus surefor after helix's go out, but they let him reign terror on the harrier.

Rewatching Point A King's w/ Taimou.. his cross hair placement is ass. He should have been able to body that Pharah on the perch, but he stayed at midbody w/ his crosshairs. Based off that though, I think he was in play purely for the recon arrow in a short and sweet match.

Overall, I think it needs practice in comps but I think they're just getting their feet wet.