Overwatch

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Went 6-4, here is the break down...

0-2 Got 4 Golds in both losses, my team both matches was just terrible.

3-0 Ended up on TJT's Team Randomly for the first game, got some Silver & Gold Medals in all 3 wins.

0-2 Literally the worst luck ever 2 Games in a row where my team left, Round 2 of thew 1st game it was me vs 6, they felt bad and were all apologizing to me. 2nd game was 4v6 from the get go, quit for the night after that.

3-0 Woke up this morning won 3 straight, was 2-3 Golds in each win.

Rank 48, wonder how much those two losses (where I was so out numbered) counted against me.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm surprised you can't carry the trash. You're just as good if not better than me and I'm carrying half these teams on my back as 76.
I can carry when not sleep deprived lol. Sad part is, I was still getting golds in most categories.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I was just watching the tournament on GosuGamers. The healer on the defense crashed and rejoined. That made me realize, this game has never crashed for me in the 160ish hours the stats screen shows.

It is an easy scenario when you can load all your resources up front, but still, that's solid.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah no technical problems for me either. finally played this week on my 10th game (loss), rank 49. i think i'll just leave it there, there is no where to go but down from that and i really do enjoy QP way more than comp

i realized how petty i am though, i'm watching moonmoon's stream and i realized i just hate the reticule that is a giant purple circle. HOW CAN YOU NOT USE A GREEN DOT AS A RETICULE. PURPLE? PURPLE??

also $1k as a prize pool for a weekly tournament seems weak as hell, i wonder why overwatch isn't drawing more money or even viewers yet. only 6k viewers in this "pro" weekend tourney

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
As 76 you really don't want dot. If you watch virtually all high level solider players they all use cross reticle because you never want to enter the spread pattern. The dot doesn't let you know if you're fucking up your tempo or not. So I just moved universally to using the cross instead of dot.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
As 76 you really don't want dot. If you watch virtually all high level solider players they all use cross reticle because you never want to enter the spread pattern. The dot doesn't let you know if you're fucking up your tempo or not. So I just moved universally to using the cross instead of dot.
I just count shots. 5 or 6 shot bursts keeps it in the center pretty much

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Think I'm done with ranked until they make some more tweeks.

Two blow out victories in a row with enemy leavers equals practically no rank gain. If the entire enemy team quits one minute in you should still get the exact same MMR bump as if the game came down to the last second.

Roughly three quarters of my games today have had leavers. Quick play is far more enjoyable at this point...at least you have back filling.

Cybsled

Leaver is bugged also in that if someone on your team quits early into the match, the game says you can leave without penalty. This happened to me one game (guy abandoned game like 2 minutes in). I left the game after it gave that prompt and dropped a full rank. No penalty my ass. GG Blizzard.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Leaver is bugged also in that if someone on your team quits early into the match, the game says you can leave without penalty. This happened to me one game (guy abandoned game like 2 minutes in). I left the game after it gave that prompt and dropped a full rank. No penalty my ass. GG Blizzard.
That's not a bug. You don't get the leaver penalty, you still take the loss.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah the message blizzard decided to display is absolutely non sensical. I thought the same thing and lost a full rank. It should specifically say you will still take the loss.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Last time I looked it says "will still count as a loss". I think they changed it within the past day

Cybsled

All I remember seeing is "no penalty". Losing a rank is a penalty. They need to clarify that better or bold that point if it did say that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah it just said no penalty when I did it. Assume that meant you can stay if you want but it's OK to leave. Wasn't ok to leave.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'll watch him. He got the highest rank out of anyone in his original placements.
Is weird hes facing 60s already on a brand new account after only 3 placement games. I won my first 3 too and i was still having low 50s in my next game. Maybe the skill adjustment you get on performance means more than I thought?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Just played my first competitive matches since finishing my placements this morning. Played 3 straight and won them all, went from Rank 48 to Rank 51, went up 1 rank per win. So what is a respectable rank anyway? Like 70 or something?