Overwatch

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Hard fought Gibraltar, we push to the end barely, 4-0, lots of bastion and turret cheese to overcome. Enemies leave.

rrr_img_136436.jpg

2 enemies stick around and just shoot out the windows delaying the inevitable. I understand they don't want to penalize the team for one jackass leaving, but we should at least get credit for scoring the 4 objectives.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
People have pet heroes. I've never seen brahma play anything g but rein, although he may. We have a friend that has only played torb too.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
System is kinda broken right now anyway and seems to be on the path to just deranking everyone to level 1 eventually.

One person leaving a match ruining it for 11 people instead of just 5 is a pretty lol move. If one person quits they might as well just remake the game at this point, as the point gain when it happens is damn near 0 anyway, save everyone the time.

There's some pretty strong evidence as well that support skill tracking is shite or broken. There's multiple high level premade groups now with their dedicated support player 10+ ranks behind the rest of the team now despite playing only with them.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
played s76 for the first time at like level 29, pretty ez mode. I think 6 would make a decent team i wonder if the healing things stack.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They don't stack, multiple 76s are still very strong though. Pretty common to have 2 of them on a lot of maps.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah 2x S76 can tear through almost anything.

When I first started I thought he was the 'lame' hero that was just like all the COD bros, but he's actually insanely good. His only downside is his lack of mobility and escape.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am sitting on roughly a 50% winrate which seems to constantly derank me partially from examples like Kharza-kzad posted. To be honest at this point I am just ignoring rank for the most part, I just want decent matches, too many of the games are so blatantly one sided it isn't fun even if you are the one steamrolling.

I find myself trying to fill whatever role is missing in many games since so many people are stubborn and will play rounds without a tank or healer because they wanna play genji or widow. Sometimes I get into some a game where at least 1-2 people will communicate and that seems to be all it takes to win a game. Really though I feel like I am grouped with this guy more often than not.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Skill rating of 70 is like the top 0.1%, rating 60 is about top 7%. rating of 55 is top 22%. Anything above 50 means you are better than half the population.

Reading all the raging about the system on official forums and elsewhere is pretty amusing. People really don't seem to understand that it's a zero sum game and nothing like gaining exp.

I play competitive mode because the games are much better (for the most part). Skill rating is just an indicator of how much I suck. I wouldn't be surprised actually if Blizzard changes the system to something else so that people can pretend they don't suck as much as they do.
Played 1 game this morning and won. Again I ranked up a full level for the win. I am now 52 on a 7 game win streak. My overall competitive record (including placement matches) is 10-4. It has been so nice to get fewer medals, I feel like I am finally getting matched with people as good if not better than me. I would love to hit 60 but I don't think I am that good, 55 plus would be cool.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Got 70 today, and then lost a bunch of games in a row and went back to 67. All games had a Hanzo in them. Coincidence?

It's really weird it's queuing me with people that are 54 or even under 60 in general. It's also weird that when I kindly ask somebody to switch for something with more damage on offense, people get super offended. I was just like "Hey man can you switch off Hanzo and go soldier or a tank or something so we can push" and he immediate responded with "fuck you American Inventor". I find this to be the case in a lot of games when I ask a random to switch, they all get super mad.

tbh if you want to play just to have fun then don't fucking play competitive, go play quick play. Although admittedly the higher rank I climb the less it happens at least.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Got 70 today, and then lost a bunch of games in a row and went back to 67. All games had a Hanzo in them. Coincidence?

It's really weird it's queuing me with people that are 54 or even under 60 in general. It's also weird that when I kindly ask somebody to switch for something with more damage on offense, people get super offended. I was just like "Hey man can you switch off Hanzo and go soldier or a tank or something so we can push" and he immediate responded with "fuck you American Inventor". I find this to be the case in a lot of games when I ask a random to switch, they all get super mad.

tbh if you want to play just to have fun then don't fucking play competitive, go play quick play. Although admittedly the higher rank I climb the less it happens at least.
It's probably queuing you with people in the high 50's because once you hit a certain rank there are only so many people at your level. There just aren't enough players to keep matching you with other people 70+ unless you want to wait forever. I was watching Ster this morning, I think he's 74 and I saw quite a bit of high 50's in his games as well.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There just aren't enough players to keep matching you with other people 70+ unless you want to wait forever.
This has always been my biggest pet-peeve with Blizzard and their archaic ass queuing/matchmaking systems. It was the same with HotS and led to me quitting the game.

I should be allowed an option that I can toggle on/off and it should allow me to wait as long as needed for an "even" match. Further options for "only queue with other solo players", "only match my team size"(i.e. only queuing you with other 2 man, 3 man, etc. teams), etc. If I want to wait 20 minutes for a match, who gives a shit?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This has always been my biggest pet-peeve with Blizzard and their archaic ass queuing/matchmaking systems. It was the same with HotS and led to me quitting the game.

I should be allowed an option that I can toggle on/off and it should allow me to wait as long as needed for an "even" match. Further options for "only queue with other solo players", "only match my team size"(i.e. only queuing you with other 2 man, 3 man, etc. teams), etc. If I want to wait 20 minutes for a match, who gives a shit?
Because you would just find something else to cry about.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Because you would just find something else to cry about.
Agreed. Giving players options to find more "even" matches that more closely sync with their preferred method of competitive play? FUCK EM! CRYBABIES!!!

Genius response, truly..

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Agreed. Giving players options to find more "even" matches that more closely sync with their preferred method of competitive play? FUCK EM! CRYBABIES!!!

Genius response, truly..
Fine. Your opinion is bad because it's a stupid QQ that would drastically increase matchmaker times for everyone. The quite large demographic of people who blame everything but themselves for their ranking would put a shitton of restrictions on, complain about long queue times, then complain that surprise surprise, they're still placed exactly where they deserve.

What's your point, again -- that you want to only play with 11 other people all equally as good as you? Because waiting for a long fucking time for this unicorn combo to come around will somehow be more fun than occasionally playing with better and worse players? Have you ever done anything even remotely competitive in real life? Run a 5k, play sports, etc etc?

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'll say the matchmaking does a much better job in OW it feels than their other games at the moment. There is the rare game or two where I've completely obliterated the shit out of the other team or vice versa, but like 90% of the time I feel like they are very intense even matches.

But I would rather wait 15 minutes for a queue (if given the option to turn it on or off) than to play with someone nearly 20 ranks lower than myself.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
But I would rather wait 15 minutes for a queue (if given the option to turn it on or off) than to play with someone nearly 20 ranks lower than myself.
This is partially a function of the season being new. All ladders are pretty jacked up the first week or two when they launch. LoL was even a few seasons deep when the matchmakers somewhat knew where people belong -- it still takes a while to "sift" everyone to their roughly correct spots.

Also, I guarantee you there are hidden machinations going on -- that 55 you're complaining about may very well be as good as you and the matchmaker is testing him out by throwing him in with a higher group and seeing how he does.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
So we were on hollywood defending, held the enemy right at the end. Switched sides, and someone on our team quits. So we are short one, and go on to win. You'd guess we'd get amazing gains, beating a team with only 5 right? Well I won't bother to post the picture because it looks exactly like the one I posted earlier.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Comp is working great guys just like I said 90 pages ago

What were they trying to beat to market rushing this crap out?