Overwatch

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Competitive sounds infuriating.

Come back to QP with me and the plebs.
Competitive matches are much better than QP, only infuriating if you expect to rank up to over 9000 day 1. I think I've raged more in QP games than in competitive so far.

The rankings are so mundane/boring that I don't even really care much about my rank. In a 3 day span I went -6 ranks then +8 ranks. With the Leaver issues right now, ranking up isn't very consistent... I just enjoy the close games and everyone trying. QP too infuriating with people dicking around so much.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I had my best play as Mercy ever last night. It was attack on Anubis B. 4/6 of my team got wiped out just me and Zarya were alive. I was trying to retreat when I saw Zarya was taking damage and saw my ult was at like 92%. I was under fire but I shifted over to Zarya, healed her real quick to gain ult and rezzed the 4 moments before losing my own life. We went on to cap that point which was the deciding factor in our win. For whatever reason I've been playing DPS like shit recently so I decided to just Mercy it up. I've never had a play like that in QP mostly because 1 person would die on flank path A, another on flank path B, another would be lagging behind the entire team and 1 person would die on point.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The only correct I'd make is that yes competitive is much better than QP assuming you're in the high 40s or above.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Competitive in the low 40's feels almost as bad as QP matches. I solo queued all my placements, landed at 48. Hovered there for a day or two, proceeded to have a series of bad games and wound up dropping to 43. The difference in skill seems enormous. High 40s every game was close and competitive whether or not I won or lost. Low 40s makes me want to smash my face into my monitor.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I had a funny moment as Genji last night. Zarya ulted my whole team, and their whole team lined up. I hit reflect and we got a team kill (not just from my reflect).

It was just funny because I guess the enemy team thought the ult was a free team kill

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Wow fuck ESL for sticking with blizzard's dumb competitive setup, now Gosu pretty much forced to follow it too.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Wow fuck ESL for sticking with blizzard's dumb competitive setup, now Gosu pretty much forced to follow it too.
Well.... I mean..
Overwatch on Twitter:

It's really not that bad, generally running over 2+ of any given champion is just too much unless a last ditch effort and even then, its not even that great. Twinstons/Tworacer/Dubicos strat, I can't tell you how many times I have shit on this comp in competitive already. Get a Reinhardt, and a Reaper, and they basically lose. Tracer cannot deal w/ Rein swinging his axe, winston can't deal w/ the output of Reaper. Even a junkrat would be good, I've laid waste to double tracers w/ him regularly.

It can get cheesy in say QP or Comp, but I have on numerous occasions yelled at both my IGL and teammates to shut the fuck up and listen to me, and draft against the stack. It can definitely cause disarray, but think faster and generally the cheese won't work. Problem is too many people want to stay with their picks, and not try to think of what they could actually do with others. I couldn't tell you how many times one of my friends has said "OMG x ISNT WORKING" and stays on x, and tries to make it work.

I do agree, champions need some QoL buffs.. heres to hoping they take the DoTA route and spend more time buffing than nerfing.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Link to the article for people that want to read it:http://www.planetoverwatch.org/17-ov...esl-experiment

I'm so afraid Blizz is going to start nerfing hero's abilities due to hero stacking even though if the hero isn't stacked their abilities are pretty balanced. It will piss me off to no end if it starts happening because this game will go through balancing hell that it doesn't need to go through.

Don't get me wrong there are some tweaks that need to be made(Zaynetta and D.Va just need little tweaks, maybe a Mercy rez nerf) but I think the game is pretty balanced right now hero wise.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The article points out almost all the stacking "issues" are only on KOTH maps, and there's a ton of KOTH matches because of map bans and BO5, so there's a ton of stacking in the tourney now. There's almost no stacking and a much more normal diversity of classes in the non-KOTH maps.

This all only really applies to tournament-level matches too, you don't even see this consistently in high level comp play outside of tourneys really.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Mercy Rez is the only thing I want nerfed. I don't want it to be up every fucking team fight. Needs to be 1.5x or 2x harder to build ult. It's just disgusting in both Competitive and Pro-scene. Everything hinges on who has res available. Team fights could be 30 seconds apart and it seems like res is already back up. I played a game last night where the enemy Mercy ressed twice in an extended team fight, once at beginning and once at the tail end. I was floored. I thought the enemy team had 2 Mercys but nope, just 1.

----
Just looked up some shit on Mercy and seems like she actually can charge her ult in 30 seconds. WTF? I actually thought I was just perceiving it being up super-fast but expected it to take at least a minute at best, but yea.. apparently if you non-stop heal you can get ult in 30.

Other then that, a couple buffs are probably warranted. I am afraid D'Va might be too OP with ANY buff she could get. Her Ult takes so long to charge, maybe lowering the charge time on it since it's so easily avoidable? It's really only buff I could see that would be reasonable.

Zenyatta probably needs a lot of changes... Need to bump up survivability but will need to nerf his damage output. He's a damn robot, shouldn't be so frail imo!

xzi

Mouthbreather
They pretty much *have* to stick to blizzards shitty rules if they want to be anofficialtournament sponsored by Blizzard.

Double winston, double tracer, double lucio 100% of the time on KOTH. It's not fucking fun to play OR watch and I don't know why they're pretending that it is. There's no counter to that team comp other than going the exact same team comp and playing better.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Coulda swore I saw the "better" teams playing Reapers & shit to counter it. Seemed to work?

Tenks

I still feel Zenyatta may be hidden OP. Right now the meta is a bit leaning towards a beefy comp with Roadhog in the mix, Winston almost mandatory, Zarya very vogue and the ever present Reinhardt. Discord on them is effectively halving their HP. It may just be the competitive teams are more focused on refining the meta strat since the game is so young to really explore if there are some better implied counters. I wouldn't be shocked if Zenyatta himself would turn out to be a decent counter to Winston since he could E him during the leap and pummel some orbs into him before he even gets to engage on Zenyatta. And that is just in a vacuum where you wouldn't also have a hitscan peppering Winston as well. Zenyatta would just need an almost permanent bodyguard like McCree following him around making sure he doesn't get flanked. Then if they do try to go balls-deep and dive on Zen he could just pop his Q and let his team mop up the dive. Theorycraft-wise I think it would work. But that is completely removing the obvious stuff like "Yeah but they have a Pharah to just hit you with 2 rockets" which may be a valid concern. I'd just say play further back since Zen doesn't have falloff and his E range is huge.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Coulda swore I saw the "better" teams playing Reapers & shit to counter it. Seemed to work?
Reaper is a neat idea against double winston until you realize how slow he actually is, and that's where the two tracers come in + leaping away as monkeyman

Also as far as Zen goes, he can't orb through shields so he's already even more ineffective. The issue with staying far back out of the combat is your orbs are still based around LOS of the target. You have to be at least in a medium range and with such low HP and mobility, that's what makes him bad imo

Tenks

The biggest issue with KOTH, at least IMO, is the respawn is so quick and the rush distance is so short that death isn't hugely punishing. There is also another issue where if you flip the control all you have to do is basically Tracer spam the point until you get to 99% since the counter continues during contest. It is also the reason Lucio is so good is so you just keep standing on the point to keep increasing the counter. But I've had issues both playing and watching KOTH for a while now.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
They pretty much *have* to stick to blizzards shitty rules if they want to be anofficialtournament sponsored by Blizzard.

Double winston, double tracer, double lucio 100% of the time on KOTH. It's not fucking fun to play OR watch and I don't know why they're pretending that it is. There's no counter to that team comp other than going the exact same team comp and playing better.
It's easily counter-able. The reason they mirror it is because the speed at which to get there, if you run a counter you're more than likely not going to be able to compete with the speed of return. Which is essentially everything for KOTH. Give it a few tournaments, and people will be able to poop on it. I think ESL was the first tournament where they started bringing out that strategy. Reaper will shit on Twinstons, even pump out good damage w/ his blossom against 2x Lucio/Tracer, if he can clear/time against winston shields.

As for the Mercy nerf, she is amongst the three I think we will see being nerfed. On that, Pharah and Genji come to mind too.. I just wouldn't be able to start on how. Though I think if other characters got buffed, Genji/Pharah might not need a nerf. But for Mercy, they either need to do one of two. Either A) Make her ult cancel-able, I can't tell you how many times I've dropped a Mercy at "HER..." and the whole team is revived. Or, if they decide to keep that, B) Remove her ability to cast through walls. Her up time on her Ult I think is fine, because it charges based off poking. If you sit there and poke, you just give her a free ult.

As for the Hidden OP on Zenyatta. Yes and No. Since Double/Triple tank is basically Meta, he essentially does shine to a degree but a single tracer or genji can make it a really bad day for him. Ontop of him not being able to solo heal as well as the others. He requires a lot of communication with teammates, everytime I have someone on my team who plays Zen, I try to ask them to call out their discords for focus. He just needs some tweaks for QoL.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Genji is fine. Winston just owns him and it's not even funny. I see a Genji and my face lights up because it's very easy kills for Winston. Genji can go do his off the point shit but as soon as he shows up near the point he's dead.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Nerfing genji would blow my fucking mind..... maaaaaaaaaaaaybe increase reflect cooldown.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nerfing genji is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. 95% of the genji players just flop around like a soquid turd