Overwatch

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Genji also tends to kill people further back in in the map/on points and such, where as S76 you're typically just slugging it out with the front lines and no murdering their supports etc.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sometimes it doesn't even matter if you're effective at killing people as genji. If you can distract 1, 2 or 3 people to constantly focus you on the backline you're doing your job. I mean obviously if you kill people it's better, but sometimes just peeling people away is the best way to ensure a win. 5v3 is much better for your team.

I'm pretty confident with my genji but I'd rather slam my dick in a door jam than play comp until they fix it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah the number of times I'm Genji not really doing a whole ton but just harassing the backline and suddenly my team caps the objective is pretty high. Happens a ton on Hanamura A.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This is one of the more frustrating games I think I've played. The game makes you feel like if you're going to win that you have to play flawlessly. I've lost count of games that we were holding until the very end and then just one mistake and it snowballs hard. Then a coin flip for sudden death. GG.
Played hearthstone yet? Let me tell you about frustrating

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah the number of times I'm Genji not really doing a whole ton but just harassing the backline and suddenly my team caps the objective is pretty high. Happens a ton on Hanamura A.
Exactly. Same thing with Tracer. Although I am pretty good with Tracer now.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Genji is good if you are decent with him for sure, just isn't dummy proof and you really gotta be selfish and hope your team takes advantage.

What I like about 76 and Reaper is the self sustain... Don't need to take many health packs or have a healer around. Also their ults are pubstompers. You can slaughter masses pretty easily just by pressing Q.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, that happens to me a lot. Yesterday on Hannamura A like you mentioned, I went around the left side. I had a Pharah, McCree, and Mercy on me...I lived like maybe 15 seconds only, and only killed the McCree...but when I respawned, and was running back...my team capped the point, so I felt I did my job. Sadly something like that isn't really reflected in the cards, medals, xp, or rank xp as much contribution. It's a 1 kill for 1 death, it's not time on objective, etc...but it was probably crucial to us capping the point. Mind you there's probably no way for the game to evaluate such a play.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Pharah and Mei are the two heroes I have trouble countering as Genji. I try to avoid Mei because once she catches you that's it. Pharah is different. You can reflect rockets but she can just bomb around you and still kill you.

Tenks

You can usually just kite Mei or disengage her. Genji still has a higher base speed than Mei so if you get outside of her range of cold blast you can just fire off LMB shurikens. But usually it just takes so long to kill her I just disengage and go elsewhere.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah sometimes I get caught with my pants down around Mei though is what I Mean. Once she catches you it's over. If you have dash up it's usually ok

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Alright Freud, explain how Lucio comes out top in damage done if the guys on my team are supposed to be my equal? And how is beign the best player on my team "tanking"? Seriously, I never say a negative word to these clowns, as much as I'd like to.

Rank 34 now....lol, it's so fucking stupid.
EDIT: When I was ranking in LoL, I'd start a ranked match and immediately start thinking of ways to help my team win. When my Bronze V friend would start a ranked match, he'd fixate on all the ways his team was going to fuck him out of a win. His immediate assumption was that everyone on his team was far worse than he was, any plan they'd try to execute would fail, and, by extension, any effort on his part to help them was effort wasted.

You're in the bottom 1 percentile. Most people who are objectively awful at a game think they deserve to be better. I wonder how many LoL players in Bronze V think that's where they belong.

It is possible that you are a bit better than bottom 1 percent... but you're so enraged about perceived unfairness that you're playing like absolute trash. Stop fixating on medals -- being the gold medal means very little; gold medal doesn't track game changing moves like S76 killing Roadhog's ult before it hits the team. And you aren't routinely getting gold medal on lucio for damage dealt, if so, record that shit. You're citing one stupid anecdotal game as evidence for why the matchmaker is clearly broken in your case.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Spittin' truth. Also, stop crying about anecdotal win 2, lose 1, lose ranking. To climb ladders you need to focus on the big picture. Three shitty games in a row certainly isn't uncommon, and a win with a leaver on the other side just counts as a shitty game. You claim you carried those games as S76 but you can't carry a 6v5 shit stomping because you're at such an unfair advantage. Play 300 games instead of 3, then report back. The game is as likely to be unfair to your opponents as it is to you and it'll even out. Keep your emotions in check and push past the outliers.

I'd also echo the suggestion to stop playing supports in the 30's if you truly are above that skill wise. Play impact heroes that clear objectives and then stand on them so your team can just walk on in. S76, Reaper, Junkrat, Pharah, Reinhardt. Solo kill 3-4 dudes with an ult to give your team free objectives. Don't play snipers or flankers outside of Reaper because your team will be too bad to take advantage of your distraction and/or picks. Don't play Zarya or Mei because your team will be too bad to take advantage of your ults. Best of luck.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Sorry to interrupt the first time ladder players bitching.

CmsjJH1UMAEcsVT.jpg

Enob

So, speaking of leavers and the fucked system, Brahma and I had a crazy game a few days ago. Temple of Anubis, we start on attack, win both objectives. Round flips, they win both objectives. Game score 2-2 but it doesn't flip a coin for the sudden death and just places us back on offense. We push to win and right before we cap 4 of their team leaves. We proceed to win the game....and all 8 remaining players lose ranking, including the winning team. So my best guess for how it works is that each leaver reduces the amount of ranking earned, but that it doesn't cap at 0 and can actually go negative. Might have been a bugged game in general, though, as the coin flip didn't play out correctly. Crazy stuff either way.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So, speaking of leavers and the fucked system, Brahma and I had a crazy game a few days ago. Temple of Anubis, we start on attack, win both objectives. Round flips, they win both objectives. Game score 2-2 but it doesn't flip a coin for the sudden death and just places us back on offense. We push to win and right before we cap 4 of their team leaves. We proceed to win the game....and all 8 remaining players lose ranking, including the winning team. So my best guess for how it works is that each leaver reduces the amount of ranking earned, but that it doesn't cap at 0 and can actually go negative. Might have been a bugged game in general, though, as the coin flip didn't play out correctly. Crazy stuff either way.
Cap points aren't coin flip, they are time bank. Only coin flip if still tied when no more time left in the bank. No idea why all would lose rank though!

Tenks

Yeah people seem really confused that assault maps have a time bank and exactly how you win/lose the maps. I had to convince my team on Hanamura after both teams double capped we weren't in sudden death and we shouldn't stack Winstons.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Well, with the comp mode in for a week I actually feel like its "scary" accurate regarding ones own ability (at least for me). I placed 54, and am sitting at 54 still (maybe 53, can't remember) and feel like the players I play against and with, for the most part are right around my skill level. The matches are almost always really competitive, etc. In fact, when placing I played against and with 5/6 guys in the low/mid 60's and realized rather quickly they were a level or two above me. It sucked KNOWING I was the worst player on my team but I'm glad to have had that opportunity. If you're good/mediocre/bad the game will recognize it pretty quickly - 10 games might not be enough time to do that, but after a week or two people will end up where they're supposed to end up.

The only crap thing about it to me is the toxicity when things go wrong and you're team loses. For some reason it doesn't bother me too much as I'm winning for often than not, but some people cannot handle it. Rage quitting is starting to happen in my matches as well as others have mentioned, and it BS both ways. Nothing worse than winning a tight game and having the other team bail right before match end =/

spronk

FPS noob
i'm glad for comp play because my quick plays are now full of my kind of people, losers who just do whatever they want and are barely functional enough to know when a game ends. This weeks brawl is super boring though, all healers which means its basically just a bunch of lucios every match

looks like the new class, Sombra, is going to be a biotic (healing) sniper. should be interesting. I assume they will wait to release it until after this competitive season is over.

$100k overwatch qualifier tourneys on twitch right now, seagulls team is competing
Twitch

Enob

The support sniper is most likely Pharah's mom, Ana Amari. Sombra is a little chicken legged thing wearing a poncho. Leading theory is that it's the little girl from the Soldier 76 cinematic.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i'm glad for comp play because my quick plays are now full of my kind of people, losers who just do whatever they want and are barely functional enough to know when a game ends. This weeks brawl is super boring though, all healers which means its basically just a bunch of lucios every match

looks like the new class, Sombra, is going to be a biotic (healing) sniper. should be interesting. I assume they will wait to release it until after this competitive season is over.

$100k overwatch qualifier tourneys on twitch right now, seagulls team is competing
Twitch
It's capped at two per class for this week's brawl. It's not as fun as the mystery brawl but it's sort of fun because no one can bitch at me picking Zaynetta. lol