Overwatch

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Is it bad that all I see is another hero that won't get on objective?

Also requiring aim to heal people, not very reliable? Hopefully she's fun and useful.

Edit:
  • The gunfires long-range darts that heal her allies and deal damage to her foes.
  • Biotic Grenade: heals teammates and damages enemies caught in its small area of effect. For a brief period, the grenade also boosts all incoming healing for allies and prevents enemies from being healed.
  • Sleep Dart: knock enemies unconscious for a brief period.
  • Nano Boost:fire a dart at an ally and grant them faster movement, increased damage and improved resistance to incoming attacks.
So after reading this, the Grenade has some serious potential, will be a counter to Lucio, Hog, 76, Mercy, except it sounds like it's very small radius, so likely only can affect a couple enemies at a time. Sleep dart seems nice but probably hard to hit for us plebs. Her Ult is unique in that only 1 player can benefit... Probably not so useful in PUGs but in coordinated team play it seems insane.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I wonder if the reliable CC will make Mercy a bit less meta since ideally Ana would just CC the Mercy if she's doing an obvious "fly in and rez" attempt

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Is it bad that all I see is another hero that won't get on objective?

Also requiring aim to heal people, not very reliable? Hopefully she's fun and useful.

Edit:

So after reading this, the Grenade has some serious potential, will be a counter to Lucio, Hog, 76, Mercy. Sleep dart seems nice but probably hard to hit for us plebs. Her Ult is unique in that only 1 player can benefit... Probably not so useful in PUGs but in coordinated team play it seems insane.
Stop fucking blinking Tracer, I'm trying to heal you!!!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if the reliable CC will make Mercy a bit less meta since ideally Ana would just CC the Mercy if she's doing an obvious "fly in and rez" attempt
I don't see any reliable CC. Especially to counter a 0 cast time Mercy Rez.

Tenks

I don't see any reliable CC. Especially to counter a 0 cast time Mercy Rez.
She has the sleep gun. Right now the counter to Mercy's rez is to just hopefully kill her before she can get into position. If Ana has a semi-reliable CC she could just mez the Mercy.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
She has the sleep gun. Right now the counter to Mercy's rez is to just hopefully kill her before she can get into position. If Ana has a semi-reliable CC she could just mez the Mercy.
Except it's no different than a McCree flashbang/Roadhog Hook, and we don't know how hard it is to land the Dart yet. If it requires precise aim then good luck. Most widows I experience require 5+ shots to make a kill. Maybe at Rank 70+ it'll be good
biggrin.png

Tenks

It is ranged. It appears to be a sidearm and not associated with her sniper rifle though so I'm not sure at what range. McCree's flashbang's range is like 5 feet. If anything the better analog would be Widow who was effective at shutting down some mega rezs by just straight up fragging the Mercy before she was in position. Now that is obviously more difficult requiring a headshot.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The analog is that it's a suppression. How you manage to land the suppression is up to you. Still going to have to aim and hit the Mercy before she flies in, just like a McCree would need to play forward to cut her off or a Roadhog can get a hook in, or just Headshot/kill her as she's flying in - which most teams can't accomplish even with 6 players. It's a nice CC but I wouldn't say it's as reliable as anything else we currently have. The range on the darts will be key imo.. If you can suppress some cross-map shit that would be really nice. One big drawback I see to this hero is lack of mobility. How does she get height advantage?

Tenks

Some people are saying she has a wall climb similar to Hanzo. Seems like Winston would shit on her even harder than he shits on Widow since she doesn't even have a hook.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Sounds exciting. Her ult is nutso though, I can't wait to put that fucking thing on a genji or monkey and have them go have the time of their life on a KOTH map.

I mostly play support because my friends suck at it and I can't wait to start playing her just to get called fucking useless for not healing enough
biggrin.png

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Some people are saying she has a wall climb similar to Hanzo. Seems like Winston would shit on her even harder than he shits on Widow since she doesn't even have a hook.
And then the monkey is put to sleep.
frown.png

Actually... Sleep dart on an Enraged Winston might be the counter we need to stop the Winston OT Rushes.

Tenks

This is a smart move. It is nearly impossible to balance the game correctly with no hero limit. The organic esports scene has already declared one hero limit as the preferred rule set.

Anecdotally from my own comp play I rarely see mega stacks. Once I ran into a mega stack of Winstons who just needed to cap once to win. I'll sometimes see multiple Reapers or 76s but not too often. From my personal games stacking was never really a problem. The problem really only manifested at higher levels of play.

Also in the article it discusses Zen and DVa buffs. TLDR; More shields for Zen, Matrix is now toggleable with a meter for how long it can stay up

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The D'Va buff actually sounds awesome, her matrix is so incredibly strong as it just makes projectiles vanish. I wonder how that factors into the meter and if it'll last longer or shorter on average?

Zenyatta getting a little love too, a bit more defense is about all anyone wanted.

1 hero limit sounds fine, ironically I don't get into many games with multiples anyway... but it'll prevent the triple Genji's as someone posted earlier, also just faced a double Tracer comp that was annoying as all heck. And of course it negates the winston rushes. So probably a good change but I wonder how the hero picking drama will unfold now.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So watching these ESL and whatever other competitive streams, why do you just see people spamming melee strikes constantly? Not reloading, no enemies possibly anywhere near, no anything. It seems like it's just making noise and blocking their own view or even fucking with their own movements a lot.

Tenks

It would be pretty cool if the meter didn't really last that long but absorbing projectiles added to it's time